• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Is it just me or is loading iDroid/Motherbase screens supppper slow when you're connected to the servers?

I find myself disconnecting just so things load up a bit quicker.

Also, irks me that with all this online persistent stuff they tried to do, the MB build timers still go off of time in game.

would you say it's ... painful

dex3108

Interesting

l6B2sA0.jpg

I downloaded beta patch last night when it was public and i don;t think that [patch2] was in Batman AK name.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Madridista, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket League -- MB-C3AA85271DC6518A - Taken by fspm. 45 entrants total.

t1441288587z1.png

fantomena

Oh my fenalår in the hardangervidd what's going on with me? My interst in gaming for the past 2 weeks have been more non-existent than God, Jesus etc.

Regginator

So. I see the Deus Ex collection is on sale again. I already own (and love) Deus Ex 1 and Human Revolution, but I've yet (and dread) to play Invisible War and the apparently even bigger turd that calls itself The Fall. The million dollar question is, should I play them? Please keep in mind this is not about money, because I can buy both of them for less than €3,50, but I'm contemplating whether or not they're worth my time. On the one hand I'd like to experience and criticize them for myself, maybe I'd even like Invisible War despite some of its apparent flaws. But The Fall looks and seems to play terrible.

Anyone?

Mad Max looks like one of those games that you feel like you got your money's worth at around $10-15 but might feel like it wasn't worth much more. Kinda like Just Cause 2.

invisible war was bad even when it came out, i can't imagine it's held up at all. Can't speak for the fall but nothing i've heard suggest that it's worth your time

Oh my fenalår in the hardangervidd what's going on with me? My interst in gaming for the past 2 weeks have been more non-existent than God, Jesus etc.

Ive p

It happens. Usually happens to me after finishing a big game, just happened recently with Witcher 3. Either just take a break from gaming to do other shit or cycle through the backlog and find something that sticks.

Regginator

invisible war was bad even when it came out, i can't imagine it's held up at all. Can't speak for the fall but nothing i've heard suggest that it's worth your time

But doesn't Invisible War have at least few redeeming qualities? Gameplay wise, or story, or atmosphere in general? Because the reviews are rather high, both professionally and user wise, for a game that's apparently loathed by so many. Whereas the PC version of The Fall is pretty much universally panned.

But doesn't Invisible War have at least few redeeming qualities? Gameplay wise, or story, or atmosphere in general? Because the reviews are rather high, both professionally and user wise, for a game that's apparently loathed by so many. Whereas the PC version of The Fall is pretty much universally panned.

I mean it's at its best okay. but it's easily the worst of the 3 by a large margin. Because it was designed with the OG XBox in mind, its scope is incredibly small compared to the original game. The story isn't very good, the gameplay was watered down (all weapons use the same exact ammo for example. One round in your pistol is also one round in your rocket launcher).

I guess my standards are too high and maybe the game is fine. Just know that many consider it the worst game in the series and lower your expectations.

and in 6-8 month it will be
just like many WB games

I'll take bets that you can get MM for $15 or less before the year is over.

Madn

I'm confused by the currency they use in the GreenManGaming promotions and store.
I participated in the Bioshock Infinite promotion and got it for 1€. This was the banner so I figured I would get back what I had spent, regardless of the currency used:

WUDIDS9.png

But I ended up getting what I think is 1£:

0WQ6EgT.png

Not that I'm complaining, I just found that weird

MUnited83

For you.
Since it's consumable, I'm just going to hold on to it for five years and use the money to buy my own island in the Caribbean.

Well, it's consumable in the sense that if you use it then you will get both the items separated on your inventory. Those ain't consumable and people interested on them can get the items separately on the market. So I doubt the value is going up significantly.

Also there's high chances that both items will be a regular drop in the future, and when they do the price will sink.

Regginator

I mean it's at it's best okay. but it's easily the worst of the 3 by a large margin. Because it was designed with the OG XBox in mind, it's scope is incredibly small compared to the original game. The story isn't very good, the gameplay was watered down (all weapons use the same exact ammo for example. One round in your pistol is also one round in your rocket launcher).

I guess my standards are too high and maybe the game is fine. Just know that many consider it the worst game in the series and lower your expectations.

Yeah, my expectations are definitely in check, which is why I kinda think I'll (hope to) find some albeit few redeeming aspects in them. Fuck it, I'm gonna take the shot.

Teggy

I played Invisible War this year and maybe my expectations were rock bottom, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. It is not anywhere near as good as the original Deus Ex (which I also played for the first time this year) but it had some interesting features like the ability to side with different factions which would affect how things play out. It actually is a direct sequel to Deus Ex in that you run into all of the characters from the original game. It's also a much shorter game.

On the other hand, my save got corrupted in the second to last mission and couldn't finish the game so that soured me on it.

In the end, storywise the game doesn't matter much because the current DX games are prequels. If you have a backlog like everyone else, there are many other games worth playing instead. I would only really play it if you were just dead set on seeing everything Deus Ex.

Backlogger

I wouldn't bother with Deis EX The Fall. It's meant to be episodic but there is only one episode. It's not based on Adam Jensen. The controls feel abnormal based on being designed for a touch screen mobile device.

All of that being said, it's short. So if you do decide to play it you won't be wasting too much time

Pachimari

Why is Razer considered so bad with pheriperals? I'm actually very surprised at this, as I had gotten the impression that they were solid.

I bought a Razer Tartarus recently and I hope it won't break.

"Ay-soos"? Well that's something I've been pronouncing wrong for a long time.
How did you pronounce it?

Arthea

Someone on my friends list has played MGS5 for over 40 hours already. That doesn't seem possible.

sleep is for the weak?
it doesn't add up still? someone else with temporal machine besides corrosive person?

talking about insane hours, I hit 70 hours in Fairy Fencer yesterday and not even close to done yet. Getting those 99 levels for all characters will hurt.

giphy.gif

Extras ahoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tulpa -- MB-F194BE05A6E17D7A - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-ABB56B1AD1E80DC8 - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.

t1441292067z1.png

Grief.exe

Why is Razer considered so bad with pheriperals? I'm actually very surprised at this, as I had gotten the impression that they were solid.

I bought a Razer Tartarus recently and I hope it won't break.

How did you pronounce it?

Their longevity and QA is just such low-quality. The majority of their mice have bad sensors, but even the ones that have good sensors have build quality issues just after your warranty ends, how convienent.

Purchase at your own risk, very rare to see a Razer recommendation from an educated consumer.

Every time I see you post you have a new peripheral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom