• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Even El Capitan has open components still. It hasn't become iOS just yet. Thank the heavens.

chubigans is correct. That's what's default checked when you're in factory settings. You can change it to app store and identified developers, or unidentified developers allowed as well is the third option. I use the last, but I find on occasion it'll be moved back to Store only without my doing it. I'm sure my rMBP mid 2014 isn't possessed or anything, but it'll be incredibly annoying if this becomes the case with every app. As is, my Macbook is an indie game box (because it's mainly used for school and I knew it'd play most titles terribly), so they'll mostly fall under unidentified devlopers, and I know I'll get sick of having to click, "YES, IT'S SAFE, OPEN" in System Pref>Security.

I'm sorry for the super late answer, but last night at some point I basically died in bed.

Anyway: damn it's a horrible situation. I often think to finally upgrade, just for fun or whatever (I don't even know why, considering I loathe the iOS 7+ design...), but at this point I really can't find a reason to get back from bootcamp anymore.

Read a few posts in the various MGS threads about MGO and throwing the idea around of it never coming out and a cancellation announcement after Konami gets their sales in a month.

What would happen if this is the case? All our Steam refund windows are technically gone by then (even now already 99.9% of us have played more than 2 hours), but a part of the promised game does not ship.

I would expect a huge backlash and requests for refund. Wonder what happens in situations like this if there has ever been one of future promises not being kept for a paid product.

I bought MGS V for MGO. I would be pissed if it does not turn out well.

Read a few posts in the various MGS threads about MGO and throwing the idea around of it never coming out and a cancellation announcement after Konami gets their sales in a month.

What would happen if this is the case? All our Steam refund windows are technically gone by then (even now already 99.9% of us have played more than 2 hours), but a part of the promised game does not ship.

I would expect a huge backlash and requests for refund. Wonder what happens in situations like this if there has ever been one of future promises not being kept for a paid product.

I bought MGS V for MGO. I would be pissed if it does not turn out well.

I don't mind MGO, as I'll never play it.
Knowing Konami though, they might just release MGO as a F2P game so they can milk more users.

Momentary

Banned
This is a damn good porting job. Just craps all over Raiden III. This should wash the taste of One Piece from my mouth.

Purchase without concern my friends!!!

323460_2015-09-02_00005_zpsttjcw9e7.png~original

fertygo

Eh, i don't think they are bloat at all. This is not their first ride in crowfunding. I'm well convinced they always had every single of the features in the stretch goals planned to be included in the game well in advance. They present them as stretch goals because they need something to keep the pledges going.

Oh I know, they setting these goal to easily reached afterall.. in general though stretch goal for gaming KS always something like additional mode, more dungeon and etc.

As people that not always trying every content in game, stretch goals like that not really appeal me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just beat Ys II (my 47th game of the year so far) and it was honestly pretty great. Way better than Ys I, in my opinion. The first game had a level cap of 10th level which made it a bit arbitrarily difficult as it prevented grinding levels. This game seemingly had no level cap whatsoever and I was able to grind up to level 53 by the time I took on the final boss. With the shield magic I was able to beat him without even taking any damage, which is a pretty stark contrast to that bastard at the end of part one.

Great game, great series. I think I'll take on The Oath in Felghana next.

I just beat Ys II (my 47th game of the year so far) and it was honestly pretty great. Way better than Ys I, in my opinion. The first game had a level cap of 10th level which made it a bit arbitrarily difficult as it prevented grinding levels. This game seemingly had no level cap whatsoever and I was able to grind up to level 53 by the time I took on the final boss. With the shield magic I was able to beat him without even taking any damage, which is a pretty stark contrast to that bastard at the end of part one.

And the sountrack... the soundtrack...

tumblr_inline_npd0rxDFQm1srausu_500.gif

This is a damn good porting job. Just craps all over Raiden III. This should wash the taste of One Piece from my mouth.

Purchase without concern my friends!!!

Glad to hear. I'm gonna wishlist this and hopefully get it on sale down the road. Maybe sooner if the game's Nuuvem page goes live and I can buy it.

Yup, the first one is the weakest.

You'll definitely enjoy Felghana a lot, it's a very refined version of Ys VI. Lots of grea tboss fights, and the whole final segment is amazing!

Tizoc

Level cap in Ys 1 doesn't mean much, keep in mind it's a game from the mid 1980s for PC.
The funny thing about Ys is that in a few games, 1-3 levels can make a huge difference.

Ys OiF is considered the best of the Ys games, hope you enjoy it :D

Arthea

I couldn't get Hover, I have no idea how people make that Alienware site work during giveaways, that's some mad skillz or mad luck.

Some impressions for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition (not that crummy REGULAR edition):

Wait a minute...engineer father figure...giant robots...mechanical hand baddie...black centipede robots with red eyes? These are the EXACT same as Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink! ....

I liked Clockwork Tales, it was a sweet steampunk game, maybe I should try this clone too?

Salsa

lol college

you guys gotta live like me, highschool dropout with a useless private film school degree buying steam games with money from shitty editing jobs waiting to die cause no future

but ey, fun while im here

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
lol college

you guys gotta live like me, highschool dropout with a useless private film school degree buying steam games with money from shitty editing jobs waiting to die cause no future

But I can't have a white coat and sense of overwhelming superiority without it.

Arthea

That's ... beyond horrible work conditions, I wouldn't be able to do a thing in that environment.

edited: not even post!

Dr Dogg

That's ... beyond horrible work conditions, I wouldn't be able to do a thing in that environment.

edited: not even post!

At least it's not a call centre/sales office/boiler room type environment. Open plan sales offices with no sound dampening dividers are awful environments to work in. You can't even hear yourself think. In a collaborative type of workplace an open plan workspace is incredibly beneficial (for goofing off and motivational).

Nabs

Awesome. I loved II, and I think you'll love Oath. Also be sure to line up Origin.

Arthea

At least it's not a call centre/sales office/boiler room type environment. Open plan sales offices with no sound dampening dividers are awful environments to work in. You can't even hear yourself think. In a collaborative type of workplace an open plan workspace is incredibly beneficial (for goofing off and motivational).

we are two people in one office room and I think it gets too noisy especially with doors being open at all times, that looks like hella nightmare to me.

And thats why you'll never make a game as good as Metal Wolf Chaos.

I won't even try!

That FF-O DODO item price increase over night. Didn't expect that tbh, expected US to throw so many of them on the market to at least balance out the thirst.

aww
I totally should have waited, won't even check current price, what's done is done.

derExperte

That FF-O DODO item price increase over night. Didn't expect that tbh, expected NA & Co to throw so many of them on the market to at least balance out the thirst.

That FF-O DODO item price increase over night. Didn't expect that tbh, expected NA & Co to throw so many of them on the market to at least balance out the thirst.

Yup, i've been monitoring it and changing my prices constantly.

Will change again, didn't expect to reach $9 so soon.

Lain

Level cap in Ys 1 doesn't mean much, keep in mind it's a game from the mid 1980s for PC.
The funny thing about Ys is that in a few games, 1-3 levels can make a huge difference.

Ys OiF is considered the best of the Ys games, hope you enjoy it :D

Only by wrong people. Obviously Origins and Ys7 are considered the better Ys games by the right people.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lol college

you will get the recognition you deserve once you are officially crowned Rocket League #1 World Champion

Kids will sing your name in the streets

KainXVIII

shit , the type 0 dota item is being sold for $8.9 now
and i sold it for $6

Ha, i bought game for 450 rubles and sell chocobo dota bundle for 380 - not bad at all (dota2 players ARE crazy), wish that more developers include same kind of bonuses!

derExperte

you just had to post it, hadn't you, meanie!

Some huge price jumps ahead too, $10 is only one page of sellers away. Which makes me wonder if the majority of pre-orderers doesn't even know that they've got this thing because the supply is nowhere near what the game must've sold.

Ha, i bought game for 450 rubles and sell chocobo dota bundle for 380 - not bad at all (dota2 players ARE crazy), wish that more developers include same kind of bonuses!

If you sell the cards you'll get close to +-0.

Since it's consumable, I'm just going to hold on to it for five years and use the money to buy my own island in the Caribbean.

The items themselves aren't And as far as I know it could still drop some time in the future or whatever DODO items do, just not 'Genuine' but that doesn't seem to keep prices up necessarily. Also didn't you buy some foils from the Summer Sale '13? At least I did and they're not really going anywhere fast, eventually interest dies down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom