• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this looks real good. Atmosphere, dust and sand. They nailed it. Great Gifs by you fuzzy.
Some impressions for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition (not that crummy REGULAR edition):
Always astonished to see you play all these usually "bundle-fodder"-deemed games. Cool that you have fun with those.
I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the game despite its quirks. It definitely takes some getting used to and I wouldn't really blame anyone for not wanting to play it for more than ten minutes.
You're absolutely right. I do get the cult following it has but it's not for everyone.

Dr Dogg

That feeling when you've meticulously tagged every enemy in the stronghold, worked out their patrol routes, found the various entry and exit points with the least resistance, marked the target and slowly snuck in undetected only at the last minute to bumble into a bucket you didn't notice, alert half the guards and have to CQC the target and leg it out of there lugging him on your back while all hell breaks loose.

Their longevity and QA is just such low-quality. The majority of their mice have bad sensors, but even the ones that have good sensors have build quality issues just after your warranty ends, how convienent.

Purchase at your own risk, very rare to see a Razer recommendation from an educated consumer.

Every time I see you post you have a new peripheral.

I've had ok luck with Razer mice. I had a diamond back that lasted for years and I currently use a left handed Naga that has been going on 2 years strong.

Everything else though has barely made it 6 months before crapping out or like their game pad, weren't very good day one.

Can we at least put a title or something with a YouTube link so I know if I want to click or not?

That feeling when you've meticulously tagged every enemy in the stronghold, worked out their patrol routes, found the various entry and exit points with the least resistance, marked the target and slowly snuck in undetected only at the last minute to bumble into a bucket you didn't notice, alert half the guards and have to CQC the target and leg it out of there lugging him on your back while all hell breaks loose.

My favorite is when I do the same....and Snake slams the door open. SNAKKKKE. be quieter.

zkylon

zkylewd
got a pretty massive kickstarter update for project phoenix detailing the state of the game

found the state of the game list an interesting thing to share for ppl outside curious about its development state
100% Scenarios (Main battles and story elements for Acts 1-5)
90% Game Design (combat mechanics are designed and programmed with the exception of the threat system)
80% Overall models (all base models are done which includes characters and environment - variant models are left to do)
70% Overall animations (90% humanoid animations are done)
0% Textures
0% Script (text for the game)
0% Unreal 4 executable (sandbox used to create the game) - this is the main thing we need a programmer for
0% Level Design (“physically” building the world, placement of objects and characters, lighting, and scripting) - obviously this cannot happen until we have the executable
0% Particle Effects
5% Sound Effects
0% VO (dependent on script and casting)
0% Localization (mostly dependent on script)
?% Music - 80 minutes of unlooped music is composed (JRPGs usually have 90 minutes) - still needs to go through post production/arrangement and recording

apparently they were super commited to working with the lead programmer on ori and the blind forest but that guy didn't pan out for whatever reason and very bizarrely this project was so dependant on that guy that a lot of stuff was just on hold while they were waiting for him

they also talk about expectations vs what they can actually deliver, citing a lot of stuff they wrote on their faq talking about how most ppl would work on the game on their spare time (which i guess is fair but then u should probably have set up a more realistic release date then?) and how backer rewards take about 40% of their kickstarter budget (which is why i don't think devs should bother with some of that physical crap anymore)

it's a really cool update to read, lots of transparency and very interesting information that tells a bit of the story of how this game's development got so weird and restored a bit of my faith on it being finally realized in some shape or form at least

lesson learned then, fuck ori and the blind forest lol

Yeah, it's definitely one of those games that could use a properly developed spiritual sequel. With a decent budget and enough time I'm sure Obsidian could make a great spy RPG.

Speaking of Alpha Protocol.
yeah, sadly i don't think it's something u can just do a kickstarter for

like, you need the big bucks to pay for those cool looking cutscenes with voiceacting and mocap'd animation and stuff

i guess they could get around some of it with a different artstyle but at the same time i sort of want that realistic spy look if only so obs can subvert it

Dr Dogg

My favorite is when I do the same....and Snake slams the door open. SNAKKKKE. be quieter.

Must be the shrapnel horn scrambling his brain. Worked for the contrived reason he doesn't understand Russian anymore (urgh). Though I did try to tranq a guy who was peering through a window that he just wasn't walking away from that i thought was open. Turns out all I did was a little bit of damage to the glass and have to Benny Hill it sharpish. Requires a lot of patience this stealth malarkey.

Their longevity and QA is just such low-quality. The majority of their mice have bad sensors, but even the ones that have good sensors have build quality issues just after your warranty ends, how convienent.

Purchase at your own risk, very rare to see a Razer recommendation from an educated consumer.

Every time I see you post you have a new peripheral.

Unfortunately they're the only company that make a left-handed mouse that I like. It's the only peripheral of theirs I have anymore.

Lomax

I'm confused by the currency they use in the GreenManGaming promotions and store.
I participated in the Bioshock Infinite promotion and got it for 1€. This was the banner so I figured I would get back what I had spent, regardless of the currency used:

WUDIDS9.png

But I ended up getting what I think is 1£:

0WQ6EgT.png

Not that I'm complaining, I just found that weird

Yeah, Playfire rewards have always been only in pounds, that's another reason it was so good.

Edit: I got my credit today, and I've owned the game for a long time but never played it, so if you've had it sitting unplayed in your library, now is a good time to fire it up.

Haunted

Am I misunderstanding it or do you just run forward while spamming attacks all the time?
looks like a mobile port to me, along with the botched control scheme and lack of depth that usually entails

character probably runs on his own and you just tap the screen click the mouse

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've had some moderate success with the Razer products I've used, but it's true that they just aren't built to last. If you can snag something off Woot for dirt cheap it may be enough depending on your needs, just don't expect it to last anything longer than two years.

In the same price bracket you're better off going with Logitech, though.

Razer as a company is infuriating to follow too because they could actually be pretty great if they focused on the products gamers need instead of making versions of products for gamers.

Why are you making a wearable bracelet? Why are you buying Ouya? Next you'll see them try to sell a line of gamer phones.

Must be the shrapnel horn scrambling his brain. Worked for the contrived reason he doesn't understand Russian anymore (urgh). Though I did try to tranq a guy who was peering through a window that he just wasn't walking away from that i thought was open. Turns out all I did was a little bit of damage to the glass and have to Benny Hill it sharpish. Requires a lot of patience this stealth malarkey.

Oh god, the
No
Russian bit was....something of a stretch.

I'm still sticking with stealth, but decided on killing some people instead of tranq-ing everyone. Runs out of ammo too quick and sometimes guards wake their buddies up. With Motherbase having a good size of staff for the moment, I can afford to not fulton EVERYONE.

The Mist unit though....fuck those guys.

Install Youtube Me Again, will make things easier.

Wow. My life has been changed. Thanks for the heads up.

Backlogger

Yeah, one thing I hate about stealth games. Too many variables.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Twin Peaks: The Game -- MB-496920E8E95D8435 - Taken by MaxiLive. 2 entrants total.

t1441295728z1.png

That was me 30 minutes ago.

Grabbed a soldier and his buddy saw me, can't tranquilize him in time cuz helmet, then alarm went up. Whipped out assault rifle to kill everyone and airstriked the base, hopped on my horse and started chasing tanks with rock launcher in hand, called in another airstrike on the last tank because rockets went out and can't get in close for another C4.

Fuck stealth.
It's pretty amusing when a fairly long stretch of successful stealth gameplay, not once getting caught while holding up and interrogating every guard you come across, suddenly goes to shit and you're like "fuck it". Bloodbath ensures.

I've always loved stealth until i fuck it up. Then, it's grenades and c4 everywhere and rockets and just a general disregard for every living creature surrounding me until the mission is complete

derExperte

Oh fuck, now I'm depressed:

MMX had (has?) some technical issues like bad performance relative to what you're seeing which is bad news if you're betting on some nostalgia from people who don't own gaming PCs. The initial reviews weren't completely enthusiastic in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom