• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Only by wrong people. Obviously Origins and Ys7 are considered the better Ys games by the right people.

Q7HOgHM.png

Teppic

I like that my Groupees $3 coins are slowly increasing in value. $4.23 per coin now. I hope they rise to $5 or $6 so you can buy the more expensive bundles with them.

Arthea

Some huge price jumps ahead too, $10 is only one page of sellers away. Which makes me wonder if the majority of pre-orderers doesn't even know that they've got this thing because the supply is nowhere near what the game must've sold.

As far as I know it could still drop some time in the future or whatever DODO items do, just not 'Genuine' but that doesn't seem to keep prices up necessarily.

I must say I didn't anticipated demand, I thought it will sell for a few days being a new thing and all, and then drop to rock bottom, this just shows how much I know about doto market, yeah, nothing

I like that my Groupees $3 coins are slowly increasing in value. $4.23 per coin now. I hope they rise to $5 or $6 so you can buy the more expensive bundles with them.

I just checked, you are right! I will be rich as Jasec after all in
couple of thousand years or so

derExperte

Completed Party Hard yesterday in ~5hrs. Negative reviews were right about it becoming repetitive, no new gameplay mechanics later on, you just do the same again and again. Some levels are slightly harder (
the Halloween party was a bitch
) but everything's too random to apply any kind of grand strategy. And then there's the atrocious 'story' with laughably bad voice acting, PH tries to go for the Hotline Miami vibe but ends up closer to what I imagine Hatred is. Some fun was had at the beginning, little lasting appeal. 5/10

I must say I didn't anticipated demand, I thought it will sell for a few days being a new thing and all, and then drop to rock bottom, this just shows how much I know about doto market, yeah, nothing

Can still happen, while some people are crazy there should be a price ceiling somewhere and as I wrote yesterday in most cases it's the right choice to sell relatively early. I got out too soon too but I think I'd sell today if I didn't or at least before the weekend when I imagine more will appear on the market. But in the end it's a crapshoot just like stocks, can't win 'em all, just gotta win some big ones before going bankrupt.

Arthea

Can still happen, while some people are crazy there should be a price ceiling somewhere and as I wrote yesterday in most cases it's the right choice to sell relatively early. I got out too soon too but I think I'd sell today if I didn't or at least before the weekend when I imagine more will appear on the market. But in the end it's a crapshoot just like stocks, can't win 'em all, just gotta win some big ones before going bankrupt.

I know exactly what are you talking about, I gambled on rare and uncommon backgrounds and emotes several times too many to know how you can lose everything in minutes and in that case I knew what I'm doing, not like with doto.
For example FF0 emotes and backgrounds were so ridiculously cheap right at the start that I'm holding onto them, prices can't remain this low if I know anything about that market at all, it's just that bunch of crazy people crafted those badges for some reason, but they will be done soon, soon.jpg
hopefully

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
EA have responded to community kerfuffle around Star Wars Battlefront's server limitations

When approached for comment, EA reiterated that Battlefront will offer a "new skill based matchmaking system" in place of a server browser.

"Our servers will use a skill based matchmaking system to pair players together," the publishers told PCGamesN. "Players just need to fire up the beta and select what game mode they want to play."

It sounds like a simple system: accessible, but perhaps not conducive to arranged games.

I liked Clockwork Tales, it was a sweet steampunk game, maybe I should try this clone too?

If it pops up in a bundle again, or if you already have it, go for it. Namariel Legends is more trope-laden than Clockwork Tales, but at least its villain isn't a Hitler-analogue with zero motivation.

Arthea

Mad Max numbers are in, if it wasn't posted yet
36,599 ± 8,626

40K for starters isn't too bad, or is it?
96% positive reviews still is pretty impressive too.

If it pops up in a bundle again, or if you already have it, go for it. Namariel Legends is more trope-laden than Clockwork Tales, but at least its villain isn't a Hitler-analogue with zero motivation.

ya, I have it, but considering I have above 200 playing now games, and NL isn't one of those... not sure when if ever I'll get to it.

Sch1sm

Mad Max numbers are in, if it wasn't posted yet
36,599 ± 8,626

40K for starters isn't too bad, or is it?
96% positive reviews still is pretty impressive too.

I'd say, considering its release being overshadowed by The Phantom Pain, it's fine. Even at the $25~ USD on GMG/Nuuvem etc, people had to choose between it, and TPP. Then there's WB coming off the shambles that is Arkham Knight - may have played a factor in people buying Day 1 vs waiting.

Rating is super impressive, though. I've heard nothing but good things from everyone who's played it, console and PC. I almost want to buy.

Arthea

I'd say, considering its release being overshadowed by The Phantom Pain, it's fine. Even at the $25~ USD on GMG/Nuuvem etc, people had to choose between it, and TPP. Then there's WB coming off the shambles that is Arkham Knight - may have played a factor in people buying Day 1 vs waiting.

Rating is super impressive, though. I've heard nothing but good things from everyone who's played it, console and PC. I almost want to buy.

I kinda regret not picking it too, but then again, there is no rush

So guys, is the jump to Windows 10 worth it? I'm on 8.1 right now and wanted to now if it makes any significant difference for games.

Pachimari

Thinking of giving away Rocket League today...

Also, I'm super sad The Phantom Pain is the last Metal Gear. I'll never get those Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remasters, or a collection with all games stuck together, or even a Silent Hill from this champ named Hideo.

Corpekata

Banned
So guys, is the jump to Windows 10 worth it? I'm on 8.1 right now and wanted to now if it makes any significant difference for games.

It'll make a few random ones not work, in my experience.

There's not much significant reason to upgrade for gaming purposes. OS use, sure, but right now there' not much benefit.

Maybe once MS starts pumping out their 10 locked games and accessories. Right now you can't even do simple things like change where Windows 10 store games install too, which made me nope the fuck out of the Fable Legends beta given I don't have a large SSD.

It'll make a few random ones not work, in my experience.

There's not much significant reason to upgrade for gaming purposes. OS use, sure, but right now there' not much benefit.

Maybe once MS starts pumping out their 10 locked games and accessories. Right now you can't even do simple things like change where Windows 10 store games install too, which made me nope the fuck out of the Fable Legends beta given I don't have a large SSD.

Ok, thanks. I think I will wait a little before upgrading.

Is it just me or is loading iDroid/Motherbase screens supppper slow when you're connected to the servers?

I find myself disconnecting just so things load up a bit quicker.

Also, irks me that with all this online persistent stuff they tried to do, the MB build timers still go off of time in game.

Messiah

Is it just me or is loading iDroid/Motherbase screens supppper slow when you're connected to the servers?

I find myself disconnecting just so things load up a bit quicker.

Also, irks me that with all this online persistent stuff they tried to do, the MB build timers still go off of time in game.

Yeah, pretty annoying. Hope it's just a bug and it will be faster later on.

Also the emblem creator has heavy slowdowns for me.

Tizoc

Look at his depression after realizing the truth inside my words. Origin&Ys7 > all other Ys.

Origin and 7 are indeed among the best, heck I rank them high on my list.
But OiF is the GOAT.
Why? Because if not for OiF's success we would not have gotten Origin, and were it not for OiF, Strongest Foe would be just another 'that one boss theme'.

DarKshodaN

Price is rising for the Final Fantasy Dota 2 Items, like expected.

Still think they will skyrocket even more over time. Me as a huge Final Fantasy Fan would pay a shitload of Money to get this Item, but i hate DOTA, so it's useless for me.

it's like gambling on a stock market,love it :)

Price is rising for the Final Fantasy Dota 2 Items, like expected.

Still think they will skyrocket even more over time. Me as a huge Final Fantasy Fan would pay a shitload of Money to get this Item, but i hate DOTA, so it's useless for me.

it's like gambling on a stock market,love it :)

I just upped my price to $10-ish :)

You remind me I gotta play Celceta still.
It's battle mechanics are an upgrade over 7! Really fun!! Play it ASAP

Dr Dogg

So I had this odd issue where some cinematics in MGS5 where there's a change in view my frametimes would drop to about 80ms or so for anything between 1 and 5 seconds. Checked GPU, CPU and memory usage and apart from GPU usage plummeting to about 10% a card it appears nothing out the ordinary system wise. Tried running different setting, windowed and borderless, in game vsych off and driver vsync enabled, even no vsync at all and still the same. Even disabled one GPU and exactly the same issue except GPU usage got to about 25% now. So just downloaded it onto my work PC, which asides from having a beefier CPU, an awful lot more system memory and a single GPU it's pretty much like for like but low and behold don;t get that issue what so ever. Only major difference I could possible think is that I'm using outdated drivers but will have a muck about later on to check for sure.

Yeah because all "skill" based matchmaking systems have worked flawlessly before. Remember the shambles of TrueSkill? On paper it looks to be a fantastic system (mathematically and application wide) but in practice it's not exactly great.

Pachimari

Heh.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket League -- MB-C3AA85271DC6518A - Taken by fspm. 45 entrants total.

t1441288587z1.png

derExperte

I thought you only get this Items when you preordert the Game, you still get them?

No but the items themselves don't disappear and can be sold individually so there should always be a baseline supply on the market. Might even increase in a few months if they or the bundle get added to the drop list although I don't know how that works exactly in DOTA, if someone knows and has comparable examples pleas share.

Messiah

No but the items themselves don't disappear and can be sold individually so there should always be a baseline supply on the market. Might even increase in a few months if they or the bundle gets added to the drop list although I don't know how that works exactly in DOTA, if someone knows and has comparable examples pleas share.

The only other promo items I know of are the Thi4f items and they never got added to the drop list.

One item of that set is selling for 12€.

derExperte

The only other promo items I know of are the Thi4f items and they never got added to the drop list.

One item of that set is selling for 12€.

This one? That's about how I expect things to go for the FF bundle in the long run though of course the FF items are more appealing than that trash so who knows. Not trying to give investment advice, just thinking loud.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Tools of the Master Thief Set

I see one listing of the bow going for some money but not the genuine one. DOTA sure is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom