• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard otherwise. Besides, with choice comes change, so I doubt it 100% is, and core fans crawled into fetal positions just playing it.

I think there a few minor contradictions to the comics (apparently, in the comics, Bigby claims to have ever chased down suspects a handful of times, something that happens multiple times in the game), but it's basically canon. Many of the characters from the game don't appear in the comic.

Maniac

Banned
Nice, something to look forward to when I do a second playthrough.

Anyway, the Fox Engine really is a fantastic engine, I'm impressed.
Haven't played much but I'm loving the game. I'm getting tired of the scenery pretty fast though, it's so unappealing visually and very repetitive.

One thing I hate about the engine:

The AO. It's fucking terrible. Good thing HBAO+ can be enabled for Nvidia users in the NVCP but man... I do not envy those that have to play with that fugly ass AO.

inm8num2

Spent 2 hours with Freedom Planet yesterday - genuinely impressed. Really fun, fast-paced action. It felt like I had been taken back 20+ years and was playing Sonic again. Will try to beat the game this weekend.

Lomax

Does anyone know how to get rid of that locked input thing? It's that thing like at a menu screen, it keeps scrolling up through the options because you were messing with the analog stick as the game was loading, for example, and your character gets stuck moving in a direction.

Whenever I load Costume Quest it's doing that to me, and I can't play the game unless I manage to get rid of it somehow.

edit: This guy has my problem, too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/115100/discussions/0/598198356176800463/
edit2: So does the last guy in this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/115100/discussions/0/617328329156170138/

I guess it's not just me, but I kind of want to play the game, so this sucks.

You could try waiting to plug in your controller until after you start the game up. Also make sure your mouse pointer isn't sitting on a spot on the screen that is causing the scrolling, I've had that happen before in other games.

Knurek

Patch 1.08.4 (03.98.2015)
Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08. This time for real.
Patch 1.08.2 (17.08.2015)
Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08.
Adds sources for scripts (mod support).

CDPR, that's not how dates work IRL.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hi everyone. Thank you for your patience. First patch for Layers of Fear is live!

[Graphics]
  • Under Settings -> Graphics you will find the information on which GPU the game is currently running
  • The default graphical settings are now set to Medium
  • You can enable / disable fullscreen mode (windowed mode)
  • You can enable / disable VSync
  • Gamma settings have been tailored - you now can see the gamma changes apply in real time on the screen (in-game)

[Controls]
  • Mouse sensitivity controls have been added
  • You can enable / disable the invert X and Y axis (both on the mouse and gamepad)
  • You can now remap your key bindings, both on the keyboard and the gamepad
  • If you use the gamepad, the mouse will automaticaly disable

[Gameplay]
  • You can enable / disable crosshair in the game.
  • You can enable / disable the "head bobbing" effect
  • We have added a Field of View slider

[Other]
  • The fps counter will no longer pop up after hitting F12
  • Continue has been moved to the top of the main menu
  • If you try to open the door to a room that's still loading you will receive a proper indication icon.
  • We have disabled the camera rotation movements on the use of Q,E,Z,X keys
  • We have added Google Analytics support to the game that will give us more insight into how you play Layers of Fear.

[Design]
  • numerous bug fixes
  • lighting adjustments
  • visual improvements & corrections

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
IYR9UXB.jpg

WonderCat Adventures

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You could try waiting to plug in your controller until after you start the game up. Also make sure your mouse pointer isn't sitting on a spot on the screen that is causing the scrolling, I've had that happen before in other games.
I don't own a controller, and I've unplugged my mouse/disabled my trackpad entirely, but it still happens. :/ I've started it up at least 10 times with varying mouse positions, but the same thing happens at the onset every time. Thanks for the advice anyway, though!

Lomax

I don't own a controller, and I've unplugged my mouse/disabled my trackpad entirely, but it still happens. :/ I've started it up at least 10 times with varying mouse positions, but the same thing happens at the onset every time. Thanks for the advice anyway, though!

Oh, I figured you were having the issue with a controller. Ummm, maybe buy a controller? Heh.

Caerith

who's this attention whore person

Eh just someone (whose first name starts with a D and whose last name has 5 letters with only one vowel) who doesn't make or do anything of value but every time they open their mouth to complain it becomes news.

inm8num2

The past few years have been really good for adventure games. They're not going to reach that golden age of the 90s, but this is the strongest the genre has been for maybe 15 years. We still have games like Armikrog, Obduction, Silence: The Whispered World 2, The Devil's Men, Asylum, Syberia III, Shardlight, and Mage's Initiation as well. Overall the next year or so look primed to keep the genre thriving.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah this is the game that JaseC griefing about

I've been chatting with one of the the devs on the official forums and she's tried to get me keys for the DLC apps but can't for some technical reason. The key that was supposed to be for the Guildmaster's Edition ended up being for Moonrise's beta testing sub, so as a last hurrah I've suggested adding the DLC apps to said sub; however, if all keys Undead Labs has been giving out are tied to it, then I won't be surprised if the idea is rejected.

Regardless of what happens, it's nice that she gave it a shot and actually responded to my request in the first place. The vast majority of the time I'm just ignored, which isn't surprising but is nonetheless a little annoying. And, hey, the important thing is that I have the game. DLC I care a little less about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom