• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
W7XXRxQ.jpg

No.

Caerith

It'll be a thread filled with, "servers closing in x amount of months," I bet.
That's the other EA.

i was planning on reading that news thing but then it linked to another one and it was just too much stuff

so what's the idea here, is the complaining reasonable? why does ppl listen to this person?

is it like a... entitled thing?
If it was reasonable complaining, he wouldn't be the only one to do it. He lives off of attention, and people are-- in all cases, not just this one-- eager to chomp down on any bait they see.

Old news, but always worth a bump. Best-written game on Steam.

tumblr_lw46vwZ6pX1qhgfflo1_400.gif

Though, to be honest, I'm not really a fan of the fact that it is Early Access, mainly because I suck now :)
This due to all the updates and changes to the game and maps, which obviously isn't a bad thing, but I always feel like I'm either burned out on an EA game way too early and miss out on content, or will just wait for full release anyway.
I never contribute in any meaningful way to the development though, so I'm not the ideal early access buyer, except maybe for Speedrunners PR.

Quiet you.
You lost your crown and now bow to a different (and lesser) master.
Speedrunners is done with you, sir! DONE I SAY. :p

---

Anyone in here grind out the trust achievements for Binary Domain? I've gotten like 90% of the achievements possible in single player (missing multi-kill, all shops, highest difficulty, and trust for: Bo, Cain, Rachel, Charlie) and I was trying to use some of the "trust farming" strategies listed on xboxachievements/playstationtrophies, but it doesn't seem to work as a standalone method.

FloatOn

I've tried a few early access titles out of curiousity but the thing that gets me is that I know a better version of the game will be out at some point later and I don't want to play the inferior version.

I definitely want to support some of these devs but I just can't bring myself to very often because of the reason above plus the horror stories about games being cancelled, game breaking bugs and the like.

iosefe

Though, to be honest, I'm not really a fan of the fact that it is Early Access, mainly because I suck now :)
This due to all the updates and changes to the game and maps, which obviously isn't a bad thing, but I always feel like I'm either burned out on an EA game way too early and miss out on content, or will just wait for full release anyway.
I never contribute in any meaningful way to the development though, so I'm not the ideal early access buyer, except maybe for Speedrunners PR.

we have video proof that you're sitll good

you just got set up in the finals
I mean , it doesn't even seem to be true anyhow. Some of the remaining cards have a high value because of lack of supply.

But people don't seem to be actually buying them at those prices. Not even close.

someone paid 1.00 and i got 88 cents off of it

derExperte

I should listen to my own advice to others sometimes. >_>

At least my brother sold it for $9.

Having the right idea and acting on it are two very, VERY different things when it comes to investing. I'd be hanging out with Notch instead of you poor sods if had figured that one out already.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

I reaaaaally have to play it again, haven't even started the game in months...

Was using FlyVPN to buy something from Nuuvem and and it asked me to reboot my PC to do something -- not sure what. I didn't and it still worked fine, but what was that about? Screen went black after I said no too.

Caerith

I've tried a few early access titles out of curiousity but the thing that gets me is that I know a better version of the game will be out at some point later and I don't want to play the inferior version.

I definitely want to support some of these devs but I just can't bring myself to very often because of the reason above plus the horror stories about games being cancelled, game breaking bugs and the like.
I wish there was a better roadmap for early access. Some games are still very early and barely playable, some games are pretty much done but still "early access" for whatever reason. Some games come out as "full releases" but are still very early and barely playable.

I just want to know, before I start playing an early access game, how much game is there and whether they're going to, like, add achievements for things I've already done (it kinda annoyed me that Broken Age got achievements on release and I'd have to replay the first act to get them).

Sorry, didn't realize it had already been posted. I just saw a thread for it on VNDB, so I thought I would share it. :p

No worries-- if you missed it being posted, so might someone else have, so maybe now they'll actually see it.

being a working man sucks. spend all day talking and thinking about games, get home and i'm too damn tired to play anything. Could only manage an hour of MGSV yesterday : /

inm8num2

Thanks!

Other than the extra content I guess its worth buying the bundle at Indie Gala for $3.79 rather than waiting for the The complete Journey when its 75% (which will put it at $10 or less if the base price falls).

Yea all three games for $3.79 is a great deal - the first game has been bundled a couple times but the sequels haven't, so if don't care about the bonus content you'll be fine without The Complete Journey. I really enjoyed all three games. The sense of humor is a little bizarre, but the gameplay and puzzles are very good overall.

Dsyndrome

Where's the guide for using Nuuvem lying around? It seems to be the cheapest place for Ground Zeroes right now but I've never used it.
Just purchase it using PayPal. You don't need a VPN for GZ, got it there a few months ago. You can use the translate function in Chrome if you don't understand Spanish, a lot of the site is in English now anyway.

Quiet you.
You lost your crown and now bow to a different (and lesser) master.
Speedrunners is done with you, sir! DONE I SAY. :p

Butbut, I'm not done :(
I need you by my side to practice with me, be my wingman bro!

we have video proof that you're sitll good

you just got set up in the finals

Yeah, after nearly losing a few times and then getting crushed in the semi :p

I reaaaaally have to play it again, haven't even started the game in months...

Corrosivefrost is up for a game to show us how it's done!

Regarding the Double Fine sale over at Humble Bundle: the 30% off Grim Fandango coupon (which was included in some bundle months ago) stack with the current offer. Got the game for €3.84.

Probably to add a new (fake) Network.

Hmm, weird. Never asked for it before.

I got a new PC and for some reason my download speeds on Steam are hilariously low. I'm getting 15k a second. My internet isn't great, but it's much faster than that even on my Mac version of Steam. Is there some setting I should change? Or is it just this slow for everyone right now?

I got a new PC and for some reason my download speeds on Steam are hilariously low. I'm getting 15k a second. My internet isn't great, but it's much faster than that even on my Mac version of Steam. Is there some setting I should change? Or is it just this slow for everyone right now?

Try selecting a different download location in steam settings (you can select what country you want to download from)

try a speedtest online

OT:
Evolve free steam weekend, is this worth installing? It's a huge download.

Hey Morningbus update your Pre-Rec thread :x.
Man, who the heck plays these kinds of games?!

Not sure. I love JRPGs and I even will engage "Cute girls doing cute things" anime at times.

Neptunia is just whatever to me. Gameplay has never been exciting or engaging to me (original Neptunia 1 on the PS3 is straight bad.) in anyway and the humor is mostly miss for me. I guess for anime titty or something.

But hey the gameplay got better in those games at least and people get enjoyment out of em so eh.

Dying Light at around €16 on Nuuvem. Ultimate Edition with season pass is about €22, though you need a VPN to buy that from europe. Seems like it's not needed for the standard version.

I believe this is the lowest it has ever been. Grabbed it immediately as I'm pretty curious to play it.

Salsa

Dying Light at around €16 on Nuuvem. Ultimate Edition with season pass is about €22, though you need a VPN to buy that from europe. Seems like it's not needed for the standard version.

I believe this is the lowest it has ever been. Grabbed it immediately as I'm pretty curious to play it.

its pretty crazy how long its taking this game to get a proper sale

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Slinki -- MB-6E7F507C1275A682 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Prehistorik -- MB-170869F466BE3CCC - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Protocol -- MB-4E139574AE37A31F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 4 entrants total.
Pester -- MB-86F18AAE6DE8CFB1 - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Hordelicious -- MB-8597EE780A2F4D5B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-A462D038F614A3AA - Taken by fenners. 5 entrants total.
VolChaos -- MB-C96FC75281BBF93B - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Hospital Manager -- MB-A9D2AB13758C5A60 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-D6825EAC9D08A53A - Taken by alr1ght. 5 entrants total.
Fitz the Fox -- MB-885CA41290C035FC - Taken by dot. 8 entrants total.
Streets of Chaos -- MB-4F8E3895C5B783C7 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
They Breathe -- MB-BAF9B5713112093B - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Star Chronicles Delta Quadrant -- MB-479964AEAEF46314 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.

t1441397851z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom