• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

I've been chatting with one of the the devs on the official forums and she's tried to get me keys for the DLC apps but can't for some technical reason. The key that was supposed to be for the Guildmaster's Edition ended up being a key for Moonrise's beta testing sub, so as a last hurrah I've suggested adding the DLC apps to said sub; however, if all keys Undead Labs has been giving out are tied to it, then I won't be surprised if the idea is rejected.

Regardless of what happens, it's nice that she gave it a shot and actually responded to my request in the first place. The vast majority of the time I'm just ignored, which isn't surprisingly but is nonetheless a little annoying. And, hey, the important thing is that I have the game. DLC I care a little less about.

Holy hell. Can't believe you are going through that much just for the sake of game collecting.

Lomax

We agree on something, the apocalypse is nigh!
whee!113.gif

I've actually agreed with you more in the past few months than almost anyone in this thread, it's quite disturbing.

BasilZero

Whats really the difference between Deponia The Complete Journey and Deponia The Complete Bundle (on Indie Gala going on now)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whats really the difference between Deponia The Complete Journey and Deponia The Complete Bundle (on Indie Gala going on now)?

The former is a single game that combines the three into one while the latter, I'd guess, is a bundle containing the three original releases.

inm8num2

The former is a single game that combines the three into one while the latter, I'd guess, is a bundle containing the three original releases.

The Complete Journey also contains some bonus content not available w/ the first two games (3rd game has a premium edition). Just noticed that The Complete Journey also has Linux compatibility unlike the individual games.

Here's a chart from the store page:

Deponia_Content_Grafik_10_Black_steam.jpg

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Slinki -- MB-6E7F507C1275A682 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Prehistorik -- MB-170869F466BE3CCC - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Protocol -- MB-4E139574AE37A31F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 4 entrants total.
Pester -- MB-86F18AAE6DE8CFB1 - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Hordelicious -- MB-8597EE780A2F4D5B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-A462D038F614A3AA - Taken by fenners. 5 entrants total.
VolChaos -- MB-C96FC75281BBF93B - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Hospital Manager -- MB-A9D2AB13758C5A60 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-D6825EAC9D08A53A - Taken by alr1ght. 5 entrants total.
Fitz the Fox -- MB-885CA41290C035FC - Taken by dot. 8 entrants total.
Streets of Chaos -- MB-4F8E3895C5B783C7 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
They Breathe -- MB-BAF9B5713112093B - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Star Chronicles Delta Quadrant -- MB-479964AEAEF46314 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.

t1441397851z1.png

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

EVOLAND -- MB-309BF8F5406DA966 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space -- MB-1066FE872EAA894D - Taken by Darth Kupi
PREHISTORIK -- MB-F4D8CDC6E900C99E - Taken by GaussTek
HOSPITAL MANAGER -- MB-85C0481495D3796C - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Meridian: New World -- MB-1DBBC393D48C5946 - Taken by nightstorm
STREETS OF CHAOS -- MB-2773D3CF636B2997 - Taken by Hektor

kiyomi

Where's the guide for using Nuuvem lying around? It seems to be the cheapest place for Ground Zeroes right now but I've never used it.

Uh... idle master helper functionality was rolled into the main idlemaster.

Why aren't you using that?
You sure? I have idlemaster and it's on v1.2.0.0 and there is option for idle-to-ready there. Have to use the command-prompt idle-to-ready thing.

Oh hold on hold on. I found it in the settings. Eh, probably means I only have one game left to idle. Disregard everything, nothing happened here.

Why is that? I don't play Dota so I'm unaware of the community market.
no, he's just saying that because the Type-0 pack dropped a few dollars in value due to it being available to purchase now

but any Dota 2 item that's finite and rare still holds its value like the dragonclaw hook and the feeder-eater

just don't take any digital game item as an investment, because these games lose popularity and their value decreases

FloatOn

what's the best early access game? what early access game have you spent the most time with?

I'm curious how successful this program has been

L.O.R.D

no, he's just saying that because the Type-0 pack dropped a few dollars in value due to it being available to purchase now

but any Dota 2 item that's finite and rare still holds its value like the dragonclaw hook and the feeder-eater

just don't take any digital game item as an investment

unless , steam decide to sell the pre order as standalone after several months
then....

FloatOn

I feel like there should be a thread talking about worthwhile early access games. I think many of them fly under the radar.

Chariot

what's the best early access game? what early access game have you spent the most time with?

Mhm, I got 10 games during their EA phase, 3 of them crowdfunded (CrossCode, Darkest Dungeon and Massive Chalice). I won't play CrossCode until it's finished since I know the devs personally and know what they did before that project. I am have full trust in that game. Massive Chalice was a huge disappointment, I barely played it. Darkest Dungeon was a lot of fun, but I didn't play after the first updates hit. I am going to join in again once the game releases in full.

My most played EA game is Prison Architect with 22 hours. It just works and the new gang upgrade is amazing. The workshop is full of interesting prisons. If you like simulation/management games this is super special awesome. Next most played would be Endless Legend, but I didn't have much fun with it. Civ V is a lot more fun. Other than that I only play regularly every few months a few rounds of Warring States, a turnbased hex strategy game based in ancient China, one of my favourite war periods/settings. It's fun, but development goes ahead very slowly. Still waiting for the promised big UI upgrade.

BasilZero

The Complete Journey also contains some bonus content not available w/ the first two games (3rd game has a premium edition). Just noticed that The Complete Journey also has Linux compatibility unlike the individual games.

Here's a chart from the store page:

Deponia_Content_Grafik_10_Black_steam.jpg

Thanks!

Other than the extra content I guess its worth buying the bundle at Indie Gala for $3.79 rather than waiting for the The complete Journey when its 75% (which will put it at $10 or less if the base price falls).

Killing Floor Double

Yup.

72h and counting... not sure it will reach that PAYDAY2 400+ hours for me, but it's definitely worth what I paid to get in and the latest content drop was great... except that it's overloaded the servers with a ton of low level versions of the 3 "new" classes (people have taken a liking to the reworked berzerker as well as the two new classes)... it reduced the number of support/medic/commando though and that fucks with game balance at higher difficulties; trying to handle suicidal with 3-4 sub-level 5 firebug/demos is not a good time.

Also, because of the "new" factor, some of the old maps seem to get played less as everyone wants to play on catacombs/evac.

I love how they did the XP system (maybe KF was like that too, I can't remember how that one works exactly) -- it allows you to build up classes while playing as your strongest -- if I want to go get some good firebug xp, I can just pick up a caulk 'n' burn while I play level 21 support and get some nice firebug xp and switch to my perk weapons when I need them. I'm not sure if it's not well known or if people think getting +x% firebug damage is a better trade than getting 4 perks from another tree to bolster your play while you level the new class up...

derExperte

people are buying ITSASECRET cards for a dollar

what

Great, now everyone knows. *slap*

I see that Se7enSword is still riding the wave by constantly adjusting his price. It's stupid as hell and cost him some nice profits but I appreciate the commitment.

The answer to everything is Killing Floor 2.

dex3108

To redeem the codes, you will need to agree to the following terms and conditions.

By clicking "Agree", you authorize Razer to send your Razer ID's registered email address (and no other information) to its respective partners who are providing the codes and you acknowledge and agree that Razer will not assume any responsibility in relation to how these partners use your email address. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please click "Cancel" instead.

Shame i wanted that Lucius code.

I see that Se7enSword is still riding the wave by constantly adjusting his price. It's stupid as hell and cost him some nice profits but I appreciate the commitment.

at some point you've gotta ask yourself if the difference in possible value gained is worth the time invested in trying to make that happen.

After about 10-15 minutes myself i just gave into undercutting the guy above me by a penny to sell the thing. I can live with lost potential money because my time is worth more

zkylon

zkylewd
It is really hard for any Dota 2 item to keep its value now. Yikes.

Chocobo went from almost $8 to $3.
good, those things costing a fortune is very silly

Something I ask myself every time I look in the Steam thread

there's a whore inside all of us

Eh just someone (whose first name starts with a D and whose last name has 5 letters with only one vowel) who doesn't make or do anything of value but every time they open their mouth to complain it becomes news.

i was planning on reading that news thing but then it linked to another one and it was just too much stuff

so what's the idea here, is the complaining reasonable? why does ppl listen to this person?

is it like a... entitled thing?

SpeedRunners

tumblr_lw46vwZ6pX1qhgfflo1_400.gif

Though, to be honest, I'm not really a fan of the fact that it is Early Access, mainly because I suck now :)
This due to all the updates and changes to the game and maps, which obviously isn't a bad thing, but I always feel like I'm either burned out on an EA game way too early and miss out on content, or will just wait for full release anyway.
I never contribute in any meaningful way to the development though, so I'm not the ideal early access buyer, except maybe for Speedrunners PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom