• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Bungie does need all the help it can get. ;)

Good one.

And there's not that much writing to be done for Dota 2 and CSGO.

;_; RIP Valvo story gaems. You could have been so much moar. RIP IN peaces . .. .

It's the end of Steam as we know it, and I feel fine.

He was mainly doing Dota 2 stuff and some comics. Outside of Valve he's been writing sci-fi novels.

Btw who was the last prominent dev who actually joined Valve? Abrash? Though he left...then Church? I fee like these last years we've been getting more news of people leaving rather than joining.

I have been thinking The Witcher 3 today a lot and for a game that I really loved and played for 63 hours, that game had a really shitty (side) mission design. Half of the side missions themselves were "go to place, use Witcher senses, fight", all of the Witcher missions were exactly that and all of the treasure hunts were even worse. Hell, even the main story had some of those. Which is kinda silly because there were some REALLY GOOD side missions too.

If I would have left like 75% of the missions to the cutting room table.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

bit Dungeon II -- MB-8A13CCC89E99D6AD - Taken by alr1ght
Doorways Chapter 3 The Underworld -- MB-28E93A68828C3F32 - Taken by Saty

Oh, I see Ted Kosmatka (writer) left Valve for Bungie.

He wants to make games again.

Btw who was the last prominent dev who actually joined Valve? Abrash? Though he left...then Chutch? I fee like these last years we've been getting more news of people leaving rather than joining.

They're barely software developers at this point. Brad Wardell was kind of right (*shudder*) when he said Steam the platform was interfering with Valve the developer.

kiyomi

Just purchase it using PayPal. You don't need a VPN for GZ, got it there a few months ago. You can use the translate function in Chrome if you don't understand Spanish, a lot of the site is in English now anyway.

Tried to and it told me the product wasn't available in my country, so I just bought it elsewhere for a little more.

Thanks though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Old news, but always worth a bump. Best-written game on Steam.
Having just finished it, I'd have to agree it's up there. It's not my favorite story, and it had a slow start, but the way it's told is pretty great. The middle was the best part though, I didn't really care about the beginning or end.

Man, this LGR video on HTC Vive is the first video really making me excited for it especially because it shows how different it is from the Rift. Never occurred to me that Rift is more "seated" and Vive is more "VR-Room". Was surprised when he said his experience with Vive was more impressive than Rift because of the scope.
Not gonna lie. The way he described it made me more excited for it as well than Rift since it seems to be more capable of giving the Holodeck :D

Judging by the amount of complaining the Dota reddit does about Reborn, it's going to be hilarious once Valve flips the switch.

L4D3 is basically Valve's worst kept secret. I'd say its probably a mid-2016 release.

People said the same last year, and the year before that :p

dex3108

Man fuck Avalanche. They created beautiful world and then they decided to put Photo Mode in it. How the hell i supposed to play game now? Every 5 minutes i stop to take screenshots :(

L.O.R.D

actual game codes, LORD, not gift cards.

you cant be this obtuse

i know

wiU9Ceg.jpg

Dsyndrome

two updates for FF type 0 in less then a day ?
is this the new square enix ?
Apparently fixes sound stutter and FPS hits in FMV's, the only issue I had with the game. Can't test for myself since I'm in traveling for the 3-day weekend.
Man fuck Avalanche. They created beautiful world and then they decided to put Photo Mode in it. How the hell i supposed to play game now? Every 5 minutes i stop to take screenshots :(
Those evil fucks.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
He was mainly doing Dota 2 stuff and some comics. Outside of Valve he's been writing sci-fi novels.

Btw who was the last prominent dev who actually joined Valve? Abrash? Though he left...then Church? I fee like these last years we've been getting more news of people leaving rather than joining.

Last one I remember joining Valve was that saint's row creative director*.

Not really that encourageing.

Man, this LGR video on HTC Vive is the first video really making me excited for it especially because it shows how different it is from the Rift. Never occurred to me that Rift is more "seated" and Vive is more "VR-Room". Was surprised when he said his experience with Vive was more impressive than Rift because of the scope.
Not gonna lie. The way he described it made me more excited for it as well than Rift since it seems to be more capable of giving the Holodeck :D

You really didn't know? That has been one of the main topics since the March reveal.

Last one I remember joining Valve was that saint's row writer, at least I think he was the last one I heard joining valve.

Oh right, Steve Jaros. Last time he talked about work, he said he wrote the trailer for the February Dota event.

frontovik

Banned
I've been waiting 3 days for steam support to respond to my ticket, as I've been unable to make any purchases on steam due to an unknown error. This is becoming a tad frustrating.

zkylon

zkylewd
i can tell max is pretty but like

is it fun?

lemme phrase it better

is it an ubisoft game

I have been thinking The Witcher 3 today a lot and for a game that I really loved and played for 63 hours, that game had a really shitty (side) mission design. Half of the side missions themselves were "go to place, use Witcher senses, fight", all of the Witcher missions were exactly that and all of the treasure hunts were even worse. Hell, even the main story had some of those. Which is kinda silly because there were some REALLY GOOD side missions too.

If I would have left like 75% of the missions to the cutting room table.
yea, i like it a lot but i feel like the game really hurts from not having many systems outside of dialogue, combat, batman mode and gwent.

like the game barely uses platforming or puzzles and it doesn't have a stealth system so for an open world game it feels a bit repetitive, specially since it's not really like a sandbox thing in which u can like run over a random pedestrian with ur horse and get into swordfights with the guard or whatever. and side missions are usually solvable in just the one way with like little differences in like if u feel sympathy and let the killer live or if u kill them outright. like i guess u have an extra fight if you don't but it's never like "i gotta find who the killer is, i can like take the murder weapon to the smithy to know who bought it, or like follow the bloody footsteps to the killer's home or like ask the victim's friends for enemies" or whatever. there's a bit of that, but it's very directed and it's usually just two choices at most

i also hate that the horse feels so bad. i tried the horse in metal gear, now that's a horse

still love the game cos the writing and the world are both really good but i feel like it needs a bit more sandbox in it

dex3108

is it fun?

lemme phrase it better

is it an ubisoft game

It depends what is fun for you. It is Ubisoft type of OW game but with few tweaks and changes. I enjoy playing it. Chum often has funny comments, map is huge and i like to explore it, missions are nothing special but they are fun to do etc.

Teggy

is it fun?

lemme phrase it better

is it an ubisoft game

It doesn't have Ubitowers but it is total ADD gaming - you head off to a mission and 10 side activities pop up on your map along the way, making it so you never actually make it to that mission.

It does have a bit of a 3rd person Far Cry feel in that you are taking over outposts, but instead of stealth you take stuff out with your car and then beat everyone up. Racing, collecting, etc. So far it has been very satisfying, but I can totally see it start to burn me out over time.

On the subject of MGS, 90% fulton recovery rate and 2 completely failed recoveries, including the HVT. I guess I learned my lesson there.

zkylon

zkylewd
It depends what is fun for you. It is Ubisoft type of OW game but with few tweaks and changes. I enjoy playing it. Chum often has funny comments, map is huge and i like to explore it, missions are nothing special but they are fun to do etc.
It doesn't have Ubitowers but it is total ADD gaming - you head off to a mission and 10 side activities pop up on your map along the way, making it so you never actually make it to that mission.

It does have a bit of a 3rd person Far Cry feel in that you are taking over outposts, but instead of stealth you take stuff out with your car and then beat everyone up. Racing, collecting, etc. So far it has been very satisfying, but I can totally see it start to burn me out over time.
ehhhh, i'm conflicted. i kind of hate the ubi design paradigm and i was like bored reaaaally quickly into blood dragon. i still quite liked like ass creed 3 so i think if the settings good enough and i skip most of the side content i can have a decent enough time, and i really like mad max so who knows

some day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom