• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played over 140 hours Dark Souls at 700x394 or lower @ 15-22fps and I still had a blast.
Sure, I welcome all DSfix's improvements (couldn't have played at those res without it, heh) but I am sure vanilla is still enjoyable enough.
You really didn't know? That has been one of the main topics since the March reveal.
Yeah, I only saw very few videos of Vive and somehow only got the move-like controllers out of it. This is really news for me (but it's old I know). Suddenly Vive is much more attractive to me. It can do all the Rift does but also so much more cool stuff. Good times.
One of these days I will try my ghetto-google-cardboard-vr with Trinus VR to see how VR PC gaming is like.
Here have a few more Wasteland vistas
The sky, clouds, sand :O World is the star of the game.
I am conflicted since I read that scrap collecting is a real grind though (very slowly finding enough to upgrade substantially). How do you feel about it?

Anteater

Indivisible Prototype Battle Video

http://indivisiblegame.com/blog/battling-in-indivisible/

gif2deboc.gif

it's fantastic cos it's like a lot of procedurally generated and ai-based stuff but all set in a designed environment is what makes it so cool. it's like restrained, it's not like ALL RANDOMIZED or whatever, and i feel that mix is what really works. like some of those randomized situations you'd run into in red dead, that kind of stuff combined with a simply cool-looking world is the gold open world formula

that's mine at least

STALKER sounds really cool but I wish I'm not such a wuss with horror fps :p

Just got Killing Floor 2 on Nuuvem for $10.07. Had to use VPN though to access the site. Nuuvem has been awesome lately. Such a shame I still have no keys from the Final Fantasy sale from early August. Might have to hit up support on that matter.

Fuuuck.

I paid $30 two days before the steam sale, and now this. Feels bad, man :(

That feeling when Steam says you have a new item in your inventory. "It's probably a coupon, but maybe it's a booster pack! ...Oh, it's a coupon."

As it turns out, Feist is NOT a game about a quirky Canadian singer-songwriter, but rather what appears to be "Limbo with fuzzy things." And if you want it for half off, shoot me a PM and I'll hand you the coupon.

That feeling when Steam says you have a new item in your inventory. "It's probably a coupon, but maybe it's a booster pack! ...Oh, it's a coupon."

As it turns out, Feist is NOT a game about a quirky Canadian singer-songwriter, but rather what appears to be "Limbo with fuzzy things." And if you want it for half off, shoot me a PM and I'll hand you the coupon.

I wish I could black list certain coupons.

Like Toki Tori 2.

So many of those at one point.

I still have nightmares.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Souls problems are overblown and urban myth at this point as I doubt anyone who knew about DSfix actually tried playing the game without and just assumed it was terribly broken aside from the 720p 30fps. Even without DSfix PC Dark Souls is better then the console versions which many people played and loved. Blightown for example is not a problem on any decent PC like it was on consoles.

I wish I could get Deadly Premonition to run as well as vanilla Dark Souls. DPfix-ed or not I get like 10fps with crashes :(

yeah like, no dsfix is ugly but it's playable

blighttown is the real issue with that game

STALKER sounds really cool but I wish I'm not such a wuss with horror fps :p
well it's not really that bad. like, i'm a wuss too and everything and it's def a scary game but it's not that bad, specially since it's only some parts that are scary (like labs, weird creepy facilities and zombie towns) while the rest is pretty ok

i think if what's keeping you from playing it is the horror stuff, you're probably pretty safe giving it a shot

it's not as scary as it is creepy and sad tbh

BasilZero

Yea all three games for $3.79 is a great deal - the first game has been bundled a couple times but the sequels haven't, so if don't care about the bonus content you'll be fine without The Complete Journey. I really enjoyed all three games. The sense of humor is a little bizarre, but the gameplay and puzzles are very good overall.

Thanks!

After re-reading it - seems like the extra content I actually care about actually comes with the Goodbye Deponia Premium edition.

The rest are just documentaries which...isnt that important for me :p

Got it!

Got it as well and was disappointed XD!

Game looks interesting but I'll get it later.

Salsa

Arkham Knight = dont bother with 2gb cards

textures HAVE to be on low and they are the lowest textures ive seen

how do you fuck it up this badly. game goes beyond 4gigs of VRAM when maxing even if you're at 1080p

worst scaled port of all time

how do you fuck it up this badly. game goes beyond 4gigs of VRAM when maxing even if you're at 1080p

well look at the bright side, it saves you the time of playing what is most likely a pretty boring game anyway. Arkham City was already pretty boring thanks to the open world, this game has even a bigger map with a lot of bat mobile stuff that doesn't even look fun to begin with. The game is doing you a favor if you ask me.

That's with the new patch? Shit I was hoping the patch that leaked early was just a fuck up.

What a cluster fuck.

Wow, that looks pretty dope.
It's basically VP combat with better animations!

Ugh, RIP in peace my 2gb card.

This is the reason I won't play AK on my 770.
And also the reason I don't think 4gb is enough on the 9xx nvidia cards.

2gb for medium is reasonable, but 4gb is just nonsense. Even 2gb for high is still the norm these days, 4gb is mostly for ultra.
They really need to tinker the patch further or else we'll see another outrage from the steam reviews.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is the reason I won't play AK on my 770.
And also the reason I don't think 4gb is enough on the 9xx nvidia cards.

Yeah, games that actually need >3.5GB is why I coughed up the extra cash for the 980, but I would have gone with an 8GB variant if such a thing existed. Roll on Pascal.

Momentary

Banned
Also, for those that don't know that this exists there is a Shoot'em Up currently in "Early Access" for people to try for FREE called Drifting Lands by Alkemi. It's got some lite RPG elements incorporated to it along with MOBA styled cool downs. It looks and runs great so far and has a smorgasbord of graphical settings for those with higher end rigs. Be careful it will bring your rig to a crawl if you're not running something decent.

Here's their latest video from April. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1C3UjQ0MzU
They've been working on this game for a while now. I played it when the first build came around. It has really come far and looks fantastic. Their latest build has added 2 more ship models.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322750/

Salsa

I get being bummed and wanting to upgrade or whatever but this is absolutely the port's fault and not something that should happen

the textures arent anything to write home about and the low is SUPER LOW and not at all indicative of what a 2gb card should be able to handle

just terriblu

dex3108

I get being bummed and wanting to upgrade or whatever but this is absolutely the port's fault and not something that should happen

the textures arent anything to write home about and the low is SUPER LOW and not at all indicative of what a 2gb card should be able to handle

just terriblu

Ramove rain and reflections from game and you get average texture quality, nothing mind blowing. Issue is in engine code probably. They never optimized game for PC hardware properly and based on this patch i don't see them doing anything about that. It would be too much work for nothing.

The sky, clouds, sand :O World is the star of the game.
I am conflicted since I read that scrap collecting is a real grind though (very slowly finding enough to upgrade substantially). How do you feel about it?

Yes it is a bit grindy game but in some way that pushes you to explore. Also collecting scrap in storms is risky but rewarding.

shockdude

Also, for those that don't know that this exists there is a Shoot'em Up currently in "Early Access" for people to try for FREE called Drifting Lands by Alkemi. It's got some lite RPG elements incorporated to it along with MOBA styled cool downs. It looks and runs great so far and has a smorgasbord of graphical settings for those with higher end rigs. Be careful it will bring your rig to a crawl if you're not running something decent.

Here's their latest video from April. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1C3UjQ0MzU
They've been working on this game for a while now. I played it when the first build came around. It has really come far and looks fantastic. Their latest build has added 2 more ship models.

Ooh that looks nice. Will have to try the demo later.

Given Arkham Knight's excessive VRAM use, I can't help but wonder how my 4GB 860M would handle it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Given to me as a gift, but I have no desire for it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Protocol! -- MB-D2F97D4634DA7BB3 - Taken by TheMadMan007

This looks pretty interesting.

just terriblu

The worst optimized thing.

Feist would be a better game if it had Leslie Feist dancing on the automated walkway at Pearson Airport for two hours.

dex3108

Shit man, after watching Mad Max Fury Road for the first time last night and seeing all these dope screenshots, my desire for Mad Max is at an all time high, it will definitely be the next game I get.

Mad Max game is not for everybody so don't rush. Read Mad Max OT and then decide if game is for you. Don't let hype make you buy things :D

Mad Max game is not for everybody so don't rush. Read Mad Max OT and then decide if game is for you. Don't let hype make you buy things :D

I have been skimming the OT, it seems like a fun mindless sort of game, sometimes those type of games are a good palette cleanser. It can be had for real cheap too so that helps.

Dr Dogg

I was having a rummage through the garage last night and found a box full of old PC games, among them Pro Evo 4. Fired it up this morning and my word has it aged horribly. Makes the recent releases look much better when your nostalgia for the older games has had a kick in the unmentionables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom