• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I have reached the end of event[0], but I must have said something unexpected, because I am now in noclip mode with no ending screen and no possible interaction with anything. As soon as I go into space, the ship disappears...

Never preordering on Humble again, because no Steam refund possible.

So today is my birthday. Yay, I guess. I know it's customary to make a giveaway here, but unfortunately I can't afford to do a proper one. So here's some leftover keys from various bundles instead.

EDIT: Damn, I forgot to make it a raffle. Oh well.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Last Remnant -- MB-541C2512C5B9F8B8 - Taken by Goldensun_it
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC -- MB-9367C7F4CD316A3F - Taken by Hakkelus
Odallus The Dark Call -- MB-882ED15EE1FEB223 - Taken by Kudo

So today is my birthday. Yay, I guess. I know it's customary to make a giveaway here, but unfortunately I can't afford to do a proper one. So here's some leftover keys from various bundles instead.
Wish you a great day and a happy birthday Soma.
I was wondering the Arkham Knight raffles myself. So there were people only needing the DLCs.

news_tgs_final_fantasy_xv_trailer-18380.jpg

TGS: Final Fantasy XV trailer

news_nba_2k17_momentous_trailer-18375.jpg

NBA 2K17: Momentous Trailer
TGS: New trailer of Resident Evil 7 Walter White let himself really go.
--
And some more TGS goodness. A new Berserk Musou trailer and a new NiOh trailer.

Ah gleam the gift that keeps on giving; even in death (well kinda). So a few months ago there was this giveaway of 10,000 keys for EvilMaze. Just been revoked. Account warning in yellow made me really worried I had done something wrong...

Wonder if I'll remain eligible for booster packs.
So remember the Evilmaze thing I mentioned yesterday (will quote myself post edit). Finally there is official word.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/484950/discussions/0/350542114327684248/ said:
Game Revoke
Due to many sources stating that copies of this game are being sold unofficially by a third party, we have revoked all keys that we believe to be unofficially obtained with help from Steam. If you want to support our game, please purchase it officially on Steam.

If you have bought this game officially on Steam and have gotten your key revoked, please contact Steam Support.
Well that just leaves as many questions and feels like the truth is being obscured under PR polish. Especially when another of their team posted this (note: they're Chinese so a bit hard to understand):
q6TwWEo.png

Well...this kind of stuff is why we don't have gleam giveaways anymore. New publishers being preyed on wouldn't surprise me either and given not all the keys were revoked (only ones from the 10,000 giveaway) suggests some of the groups played fair (well as fair as keys bought as a heavily reduced rate is).

In any case will be interesting to watch it's steamspy power level decrease (as 10k is slightly bigger than the current errors).

I've yet to receive an answer, so I'm cross-posting this from the steam community discussion.

I don't have 2 controllers and it seems the local co-op in D:OS only supports double controller instead of kb+m and a controller. I've been reading about controller simulation program for kb+m but I couldn't find the exact program to achieve that. Anyone here have tried it yet?

Vazduh

Looks like both footy games this year use denuvo. Don't think it will help much konami to boost its sale because of the old-gen port and bad reputation on the internet, but let's see.

Well, that's one way to mask the fact that you are mostly selling black or grey market keys that risk deactivation. Speaking of which, TinyBuild also tweeted that
We found a stolen game key batch of #TheFinalStation on @G2A_com and these are now deactivated. Don't buy keys there or risk deactivation.
https://twitter.com/tinyBuild/status/776349124585222144

That's a weird solution...
Perhaps IE11 comes packaged with an audio codec that the game relies on.

Orgen

Ucchedavāda;216879106 said:
Those are great games.
Stanley Parable, compared to Beginner's Guide, is much more meta and much more tongue in cheek. It's a game that you have to play through multiple times, since your choices greatly influence what happens and what you see. At some point you'll probably want to look up a guide to see what paths you've missed. The Room is a really enjoyable puzzle game, and does a great job of making it feel like you are interacting with something tangible. I don't know about The Moon, unless you mean To The Moon, in which case it is one of my favorite games ever. It is light on gameplay, and has some really dumb parts, but is worth playing for the excellent (and very sad) story.

So choose whichever, depending on if you want meta humor, intricate puzzles, or a real tearjerker.

Thanks for your answer! Yep it was "To The Moon", sorry :) I think I'll play The Room then for now but "To The Moon" will be next :D

Orgen

Ayone recommends "Resonance"? Is on sale until Monday (80% discount - 1,99€) but it's going directly to my backlog (as most steam games) so I wanted to know if it's worth it. Thanks!

Anyone want these?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ScreamingTrees, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Face Noir -- MB-1431398CB69C38BF - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar -- MB-018A4CC34737BDE9 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1473938084z1.png

Phinor

This is actually false. I've sold a dozen things on G2A and have only two ratings (one positive for a NASCAR 2013 spare sold in October 2014 and another positive for an Hourglass of Lepidoptera spare sold back in April), and my most recent sale was earlier today.

As much as I don't like G2A, and I really don't, it's clear there are some devs who actively campaign against G2A and go as far as spread false rumours about them. I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes some of those "stolen keys" were in fact not stolen either.

Ayone recommends "Resonance"? Is on sale until Monday (80% discount - 1,99€) but it's going directly to my backlog (as most steam games) so I wanted to know if it's worth it. Thanks!

I played it ages ago when it released so I don't remember much about it but I know that it was pretty good. Although I do remember one puzzle that involved rewiring a keypad that was straight up nonsense. I think I tweeted to ask Dave Gilbert at Wadjet Eye and the dev about how to solve it and I seem to recall not getting a satisfactory answer lol

I hope Gal*Gun is not banned in my Steam region.

Long time no see man.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Miaou Moon -- MB-DA0899E99030A5F9 - Taken by Sammichu
RymdResa -- MB-034880BF6D66636D - Taken by derExperte
Mu Cartographer -- MB-ED3FB1D3CD68B146 - Taken by Servizio
Robo's World: The Zarnok Fortress -- MB-DB9ECA260C902FAE - Taken by Eila
Grey Phobia -- MB-41B2FDA194AE7D37 - Taken by ussjtrunks
The Lost Battalion: All Out Warfare -- MB-352F375D27371A6F - Taken by voodooray

rtcn63

Need help. I'm on Nvidia, and some of my desktop icons keep "flickering" every few minutes. Bout to update my drivers, I thought I was on the latest.

data

アイ シ ウオっト ユ ヂっト デレ

ダットワズエーペーンツリードユーアースホール

Ozium

לא מדברים בשפות שאנשים לא מבין בבקשה

data

it was english tho

The robutts in ReCore talk with this language I think.

Hektor

ダットワズエーペーンツリードユーアースホール

アイ シ ウオっト ユ ヂっト デレ

Guten Tag, kann ich Ihnen behilflich sein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom