• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 43 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overcast -- MB-CA42DC5A02AC6EEF - Taken by spacellama
Particula -- MB-2452B986DA93D33D - Taken by jesusraz
Beast Blaster -- MB-FBA380DB1B4C5D02 - Taken by Loptous
Why so Evil -- MB-602D70B77A5136B4 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Heaven Island -- MB-DCCDFAC88620D68D - Taken by rainking187
Big Space Mess #3 -- MB-AF3F9CC6E6243512 - Taken by dave is ok
The Deer -- MB-D298F6AAF8930B65 - Taken by Drayco21
Particula #2 -- MB-94B49FB75190B5B8 - Taken by gaiadyne
Particula #3 -- MB-4E51D6E602B826F0
Heaven Island Life #4 -- MB-03C093F2783A7229 - Taken by electroflame
Heaven Island Life #5 -- MB-05DE858BE4A5654F - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Heaven Island Life #2 -- MB-7AE7C2E8574F702F - Taken by celsowmbr
Heaven Island Life #3 -- MB-8AB33DCD03C3729E - Taken by WinterDemons
Woodle Tree Adventures #5 -- MB-5F552519AF553918 - Taken by Tizoc. 1 entrants total. - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures #4 -- MB-A37015C291BD3F76 - Taken by jesusraz
Woodle Tree Adventures #3 -- MB-B37FB80075DCA086 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Woodle Tree Adventures #2 -- MB-C52F2F65C8FEECE5 - Taken by javadoze
The Deer #2 -- MB-0EB57EE155D20AA5 - Taken by celsowmbr
Big Space Mess #2 -- MB-18F2B379A4D4844B - Taken by Loptous
Freebie #2 -- MB-982274CF500A1C28 - Taken by Hakkelus
Fiends of Imprisonment -- MB-FFA7048BD4A65900 - Taken by lindarasta
GooCubelets -- MB-267A233B904F80F1 - Taken by Vipu
Endorlight -- MB-4E26BE9D081CFBED - Taken by Santerestil

Still available. Also lol for Capcom for releasing an unofficial adaptation of The Hills have eyes.

Nzyme32

Hilarious to see Oculus bringing Facebook integration in the upcoming update, despite this being one of the key things they promised to not do along with Facebook branding etc. I'm not sure what promises and statements are left that are yet to be broken.

While this integration is currently opt in, I have confidence that they will break that eventually too.

inm8num2

https://twitter.com/RobotBrush/status/776420463979405312
2OqCQF4.png

----

Ayone recommends "Resonance"? Is on sale until Monday (80% discount - 1,99€) but it's going directly to my backlog (as most steam games) so I wanted to know if it's worth it. Thanks!

Resonance is great. Very much worth that price. It features a variety of clever puzzles and an engaging story.

Remedy goes multiplayer
[...] Single-player experience has always been an important focus for us. At the same time, we want to challenge ourselves to find ways to also expand these elements to include cooperative multiplayer.

We will always strive to be the best storytellers we possibly can, and we want these stories to be shared and elevated through players’ cooperation. We believe that a multiplayer experience combined with Remedy’s unique world-building provides an exceptional environment for that. [...]
As a person not into multiplayer, not good news for me but you who do, rejoice.

Thanks dex.

Phinor

If Valve could actually make a way for their video content to be reasonably priced and "portable" ie to be usable freely on other devices / mobile etc - I would seriously consider buying video content

And if licenses weren't so fucked up that you literally can't sell your own TV shows and movies to 99% of the countries in the world...

Pixieking

Banned
12am UTC, so about 7hrs from now I think.

3 PM Pacific

Cheers... Gotta work that out to where I am in the Middle-East, but don't think it's going to matter - it'll be so late in the night/early morning that I'll be in bed.

Stellaris: Levianthans story pack announced. On mobile, so I can't link, but the trailer is on Paradox's YouTube channel.

Sweeeeeet... Depending upon when it drops, I may hold-off playing until release. Steam Announcement is here.

Dear SEGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yapLnAblo&feature=youtu.be
Please release Yakuza 1 and 2 HD on Steam, watch it reach 1 million owners
Then port the rest of the series

SEGA porting games people want ? Ha ha ha ha.
Give it up. Let's be real, when small japanese companies have been going full force on the Steam ports and SEGA one port each year, there's definitely something blocking. And when there's something blocking after 800k units sold (which was a long time selling for SEGA Japanese IPs), you know it's a dumb company.

Ayone recommends "Resonance"? Is on sale until Monday (80% discount - 1,99€) but it's going directly to my backlog (as most steam games) so I wanted to know if it's worth it. Thanks!

Resonance, Gemini Rue, Technobabylon, and the Blackwell Series are all 100% recommended. Grab them whenever you can; they're great adventure games that you won't soon forget!

Didn't SEGAguy said in that community questions video that they've multiple ports in the works, tho?

Sounds like PR to me. But yeah, at this point, the fact that they're not going full force on it is pretty telling imo.
Remember last year when Sonic was "the first of our many efforts coming to PC" ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If Valve could actually make a way for their video content to be reasonably priced and "portable" ie to be usable freely on other devices / mobile etc - I would seriously consider buying video content

Video distribution will be a component of Steam Dev Days. I expect Valve to be better about it eventually.

Pakkidis

When I create a guide on steam, I can't see it. I make sure visibility is set to public but it doesn't show up in the list. Other people can see it but I can't, why not?

For example, I created the Titans Quest anniversary achievement guide for steam, but it doesn't show up in the guide list, even when I select 'see all' yet other people seem to find it... why?

redlacs

When I create a guide on steam, I can't see it. I make sure visibility is set to public but it doesn't show up in the list. Other people can see it but I can't, why not?

For example, I created the Titans Quest anniversary achievement guide for steam, but it doesn't show up in the guide list, even when I select 'see all' yet other people seem to find it... why?

i think its because you didn't select language. steam "helps" and filters it out for you, as non-english one. go to the game's guides section, click on "most recent" and only then you will see what language steam filters for you. you can then turn off this filter and you should be able to see all guides, including yours

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Prima guide of your choice for 10$ -- MB-9B8399A383791CBE - Taken by Endruen

You can choose even upcoming digital guides for new titles like Dishonored 2 or World of Final Fantasy, it's a code you need to redeem on Prima guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom