• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Capcom making first person games....

A first person Resident Evil game...

Fully playable in VR....

giphy.gif

I urge everyone to lower their expectations now or you will most likely be very disappointed when the game comes out. Just sayin.

Jawmuncher

Capcom making first person games....

A first person Resident Evil game...

Fully playable in VR....

giphy.gif

I urge everyone to lower their expectations now or you will most likely be very disappointed when the game comes out. Just sayin.

Well the original RE idea was first person. Regardless they were bound to try at some point. I'm curious how it'll play out for the.. reception and lore wise.

KingKong

how many actually good RE games have there been though

4 obviously
1 HD remake
2 I hear was good, remake might be good
...5 is alright?

For uPlay freebies, did anyone else have an issue with grabbing the free games in prior months? I was diligent about grabbing games right as they came up, and it now says that I "missed" Splinter Cell... I've been redeeming/"buying" on the website.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Looks like this game went to the right place - congrats Kurt Russell

mp1990

Banned
Or Fifth!!

(They made a decent amount of first person games)
Oh wow, Survivor 2 totally flew under my radar, and I consider myself a pretty big RE fan. Jokes aside, Dead Aim is a pretty legit game, it was the first RE that didn't scared me completely shitless and that I could play by myself to some extent, still have some fond memories of it.

What if RE7 reveals that you were playing as a young Wesker all along!

And halfway through you play the game RE4 style trying to get revenge on the scientist who experimented on you but then you live long enough to become a villain which leads into RE0!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

And in the sequel you play as him getting revenge on the scientist who was experimented on you but realize that you lived long enough to become the villain which leads into REmake!

This fanfiction will probably be better than whatever we end up getting with the game.

Granjinha

how many actually good RE games have there been though

4 obviously
1 HD remake
2 I hear was good, remake might be good
...5 is alright?

both 1 and its remake are good.
0 is nice.
2 is good, 3 too. Both fun.
4 is a masterpiece and one of the best games of all time.
5 is incredible and one of the best games of the past generation. In co-op, especially.
6 has it's flaws but has amazing combat that makes up for it.
So, all of the main ones, basically? Outbreak is fun too.

I mean, if people have bad taste it's not capcom's fault =/

storywise they all suck though

Platy

And halfway through you play the game RE4 style trying to get revenge on the scientist who experimented on you but then you live long enough to become a villain which leads into RE0!

So the right choice would be to die a hero ?

Amzin

Played some Everspace with the key they sent me from Kickstarter, which I had absolutely no idea was coming so I'm glad I looked at my promotion emails :p

It's been a while since I played an arcade-style space shooter, it was pretty brutal at first. Being rogueish probably amps up the difficulty even more. I like it though. The voice acting is meh, but the game is very pretty, the flight is smooth, and the combat is very fast. The "perks" system is similar to other rogueish games where you buy them in between lives with whatever money you had left over, and they're kind of incremental, although you have a lot of options. Some of them seem very minor and some seem much more impactful but I've only done like 4 runs so far. I did have one bullshit death where some cruiser warped on top of me from nowhere because of something I may or may not have done (I have no idea whose cruiser it was) and I got gunned down before the reaction dialogue could even finish :p

So yea.... rogueish arcade spacey shooter. Look forward to the updates and trying to get a further in it. I keep getting myself killed right before jumping to the next sector.

I was playing with M&K and it seemed fine but gonna try my Steam controller next time, feel like it'll play even better.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Atraveller, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-59575FEA02FCB5CF - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-792DFE5D766B2934 - Taken by Costa1774. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-94A15A7D3E726C64 - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.
Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-C7827574469A6429 - Taken by kagamin. 12 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-C57FC440C0E8FB8B - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Game of Thrones -- MB-23BE621B9B3AB8B8 - Taken by HowardRoark. 5 entrants total.
Never Alone Plus Foxtales DLC -- MB-94C30B54716F68BA - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-4FBD72F4DAAF6B90 - Taken by laserlaser. 16 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-C24BB9800157B24C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-034A6BF4DD7D990D - Taken by gabbo. 2 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-9A84F181D8906125 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-0ED65438AA4C018D - Taken by UnaiGamer. 2 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-A80A5DCD205D2867 - Taken by dimmer. 1 entrants total.
Tropico 4 -- MB-039815C3545A6FD8 - Taken by Sr Kitsune. 1 entrants total.

t1473913720z1.png

If I buy the Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition from Humble Bundle, will I get the Steam exclusive DLC? Or is that literally just for buying it from Steam?

As much as I want to play DOS:2 I think I'll do what I did last time and just buy it at release when it's content complete. Not sure if early access is good for story heavy games, not that I really remember what the story of DOS:1 was. Source bad, someone got murdered, travelled around beating on people, fought the end boss? Saved the universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom