• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I want to play DOS:2 I think I'll do what I did last time and just buy it at release when it's content complete. Not sure if early access is good for story heavy games, not that I really remember what the story of DOS:1 was. Source bad, someone got murdered, travelled around beating on people, fought the end boss? Saved the universe!

That's my plan as well.

For RPGs, early access is a big no for me. It feels like playing the incomplete version of the game, and I have to restart the journey later. Judging by the 600 players peak of D:OS 2 early access from steamdb, it seems that most of the backers share the same sentiment.

Granjinha

so guys

when's ni-oh coming to PC huh

i need it

also, considering it didn't even chart i'm really surprised by the 33k~ numbers of attack on titan

I've never heard that term before in my life.

Then you're in for a threat!

Discover a whole new selection of great RPGs here.

so guys

i need it

also, considering it didn't even chart i'm really surprised by the 33k~ numbers of attack on titan

Besides the clunky control schemes (for both keyboard and controller) it seems like a good port.

Apparently word of mouth is also good, I remember it only has like 20k owners one week after release.

Granjinha

Then you're in for a threat!

Discover a whole new selection of great RPGs here.

Besides the clunky control schemes (for both keyboard and controller) it seems like a good port.

Apparently word of mouth is also good, I remember it only has like 20k owners one week after release.

yeah it's nice, i bought it and really enjoyed the game (although it's a repetitive but eh, it's a omega force game)

happy that it seemingly did good

gXLANwb.png

Stay classy, PC gamers.

Grief.exe

so guys

i need it

Give me that delicious Ni-Oh.

Does Tecmo now have to support resolutions greater than 1080p now that the PS4 Pro and Scorpio exist?

Corpekata

Banned
Has that always been genre term of just a catch all buzzword? Ive heard it before, but never in an official capacity

You can see industry vets use the term for instance, when it came to making Pillars of Eternity and Torment. Torment in particular held polls to determine if it should be RTWP or Turn based.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Abrix the robot -- MB-C8E29C977F039318 - Taken by ExoSoul
The Falling Sun -- MB-31DB87C3AFC9E459 - Taken by NingenJanai
Lord Mayor -- MB-7AB9205FAC61C92D - Taken by Catshade
Abrix for kids -- MB-D9AF6E2E80EF1B6D - Taken by Abomination
Scoregasm -- MB-065EDF1BBDEB15C1 - Taken by rainking187

kagamin

Brb calling the police

Wait til you hear this though, that character is apparently 17 years old, I'm calling Bandai Namco on their bullshit though.

From her profile
Anzu is a listless 17 year old idol and NEET who doesn't believe in work. Anzu has no particular interests other than playing games, anime, manga and sleeping. She only becomes an idol because she believes she will be able to live the rest of her days off royalties. Her verbal catch phrase is "I wanna go home!", and she frequently wears a shirt that says: "If you work, you lose."
Yep

Wok

I do not recommend The Uncertain demo that came with Humble Monthly last month. It's a half an hour long at most, very slow, and cuts off right before anything vaguely interesting is revealed.

It's such a shame - the game looks cool and like something I would enjoy, but it's demo inclusion in the Humble monthly is such a debacle. I feel like Humble monthly buyers should have either got the full version or it shouldn't have been included at all. Demos like this should be free anyway, not something to bump up the game count of an otherwise pretty terrible bundle.

Agreed. It doesn't feel like a quality inclusion for multiple reasons. I didn't actually know the game was a Point and Click Adventure game either so that's a bullet dodged I suppose. It does look nice, but the opening voiceovers and quality of writing were subpar. Little things like the past/present tense getting mixed up, lots of telling and no showing, filler sentences with no purpose, etc.

Also the original build they uploaded for the demo was really buggy, I was getting a bad frame rate and my mouse didn't work. I had to redownload the demo.

It's a really bad situation and I have a feeling it will have the opposite effect of what was intended.

As a non-native English speaker, I was impervious to the bad writing when I played the demo, so it is not that catastrophic that it would bug people like me. There was no wrong orthography, typos or mistranslations from Russian that I could spot.

I specifically enjoyed the atmosphere, brought to life through the sound and music more than the writing.

That being said, I agree with you that the demo should have been free, that the game is a point-n-click (which is stated here and there but might go over the head of some customers), and that we should be wary about the game release: prepare to be disappointed (game length, episodic game with maybe only Episode 1 released, demo not promising, etc.).

so guys

i need it

Never. KT is too insistent that this is a PS4 exclusive, so it's likely to stay one. That's crazy funny, KT actually makes a game that seems to be in the "Great" range, with more appeal than their usual games and it's for one platform only :")

KT and SEGA Japan will forever be the publishers who dropped the ball on PC. KT for failing to built on DW8 success by providing good ports, SEGA Japan for failling to capitalize on VC success. And before anyone comes and says "It takes time to make good ports", smaller publishers, like Spike Chunsoft, NIS, XSeed or even D3 Publishers released more ports in 1 year than SEGA in 2. That is without having VC's success.

After getting VC revived, instead of trying to keep the effortd coming, they let it die for two years. Maybe three.

kagamin

Hey now y'all! DJ Professor K coming in with a very important public service announcement, don't waste a lifetime worth of luck on mobage, that is all.

The K stands for kagamin

kagamin

I've yet to complete Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls!, but I think I'll finish reading it tomorrow if I don't get too impatient and just start reading The Left Hand of Darkness instead.

shockdude

I've yet to complete Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls!, but I think I'll finish reading it tomorrow if I don't get too impatient and just start reading The Left Hand of Darkness instead.
I've yet to start it. The first game was pretty decent, but I hear this one is entirely linear.

Adnor

Banned
After playing 5 hours of DOS 2 and trying a few things (but always as a lizard because lizards are cool) I can easily say that DOS 2 will be fantastic. The one thing that I hope they change is the movement speed, it's a little to slow for the size of the map. They also have to add a confirmation button when you level up, because if you missclick, tough luck!

I knew beforehand that continuity-wise this game was between Divine Divinity and Divinity II but I didn't expect Lucian and his death to be so important because the Divine didn't appear in DOS1, but here everyone talks about him, and they haven't even explained really who he was besides a man who was a god.

zkylon

zkylewd
so much animu in that nier trailer

looks great

After playing 5 hours of DOS 2 and trying a few things (but always as a lizard because lizards are cool) I can easily say that DOS 2 will be fantastic. The one thing that I hope they change is the movement speed, it's a little to slow for the size of the map. They also have to add a confirmation button when you level up, because if you missclick, tough luck!

I knew beforehand that continuity-wise this game was between Divine Divinity and Divinity II but I didn't expect Lucian and his death to be so important because the Divine didn't appear in DOS1, but here everyone talks about him, and they haven't even explained really who he was besides a man who was a god.
i was thinking of giving it a try but probably gonna wait for the full release

divinity os was really good but i don't think i'm in such a big rush to play it

i would like to do some coop this time tho, the story in divinity os was kind of not that great so i think co-op shenanigans might be more fun

you are WEAK ! >=O

A friend does this ... I don't know it is one less reason to play those games xD
i also had a bunch of cards i had gotten by less dumb means

hope this whole thing turns out to be maybe like a "free" $10 game?

but probably not?

redlacs

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (a.k.a. Ninjos) has a release date now - December 6th

is anybody else really excited for this? i would consider to buy it for myself as early christmas present because its my kind of genre + my potato will be most likely able to run it, but i wonder wonder, what are your expectations regarding its price? am i too unreasonable to hope for €30 or less on release? (publisher = Daedalic)

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (a.k.a. Ninjos) has a release date now - December 6th

is anybody else really excited for this? i would consider to buy it for myself as early christmas present because its my kind of genre + my potato will be most likely able to run it, but i wonder wonder, what are your expectations regarding its price? am i too unreasonable to hope for €30 or less on release? (publisher = Daedalic)

Is that the feudal Japan version of Commandos? I'm in!

Edo era is Tokugawa shogunate, right? I hope I'll get to play as one of the famous samurai/ninja.

zkylon

zkylewd
We'll have to mess around when they release the Game Master mode ;D
sure

i'm up for it if ppl are patient with my slow english reading lol

first time i hear about it but looks awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom