• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

DLC sale price politics are almost always crap.

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel + Season Pass 20,99€
Season Pass solo 14,99€

Jalal

rpyqxMP.png

Fuck you too warnerbros.

Has there been any good reason to buy single player games day 1 since the last generation?

They always come out with a bullshit every-game-is-GOTY edition for way cheaper anyway, without fail.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Had money in my wallet so got PES with my wallet funds and the other two with my card since they were on sale

xegU6e3.png

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any good reason to buy single player games day 1 since the last generation?

They always come out with a bullshit every-game-is-GOTY edition for way cheaper anyway, without fail.

Hype and being part of the zeitgeist are the only reasons to buy games day1.

I've been noticing a trend of where games would be discounted on all except for the season pass. It happened to games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Street Fighter V, Batman Arkham Knight. I get the publishers are trying to collect every penny they can but it goes to show you if you buy something early on PC, you're gonna get fucked over by not getting the premium version down the road.

Nabs

That recent Just Cause 3 sale rubbed me wrong as well. New buyers could get the Season Pass by adding $5 to the price of the game, people who sat through shitty patches got no discount at all.

AHA-Lambda

I also edited in SHADOW WARRIOR 2.
Cuphead 2016?

I forgot about Shadow Warrior 2 :O
Bless you DerExperte :p

i don't think there's any chance that Cuphead is 2016 though

I still find Q1 looks far more interesting to me personally than Q4 though, and it's been that way a few years :/
Just sad to see how far behind AAA can leave you at times :/

Tizoc

SEGA porting games people want ? Ha ha ha ha.
Give it up. Let's be real, when small japanese companies have been going full force on the Steam ports and SEGA one port each year, there's definitely something blocking. And when there's something blocking after 800k units sold (which was a long time selling for SEGA Japanese IPs), you know it's a dumb company.

Your Tsundere attitude towards SEGA is becoming quite cute~

Tizoc

Graphics it is yeah, gameplays the same. I can look past it.

Was cheap too.

Fair enough. My brother has PES '16. I don't know if his laptop can run '17 as his laptop doesn't have a dedicated gfx card, but I'll check its specs and see if his lappy can run it.

New game from Age of Decadence devs called Dungeon Rats:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/975416562635551870
Dungeon Rats, named after the 7th Heavy Armored Division of the Imperial Guards, is a turn-based, party-based dungeon crawler set in the same world as Age of Decadence. This is an RPG focused almost exclusively on squad level tactical combat for players who enjoy turn-based games in general, and AoD's combat systems in particular. If fighting your way out of a prison mine - and frequently dying in the attempt - is your idea of a good time, you've come to the right place.

Starting out as a new prisoner at the bottom of the gangs-ruled prison hierarchy, and of the prison itself, you must fight to survive and develop your combat skills, acquiring better weapons and equipment as you go. Recruit allies to your struggle or carry on as a lone wolf, and kill anyone foolish enough to stand in your way.

Notable changes from The Age of Decadence:

Party-based - the most frequently requested feature
Flanking and other strategic bonuses. Positioning matters a lot.
Manual placement of your characters before a fight
Charisma determines the number and quality of your party members
Skill points are split between the party members: more people means fewer skills points per person and slower level ups.
10 possible companions, not all of them human (maximum party size is 4).
New weapons, armor, and creatures
3 difficulty levels: Nice Guy, Tough Bastard, Murderous Psychopath

Tizoc

I find it devastating that in 2017 we will still have a NEW poorly optimized (or whatever the proper term is) KOEI Tecmo port/game released on Steam.
Berserk deserves more than this :/

EDIT: You know what? Mr Orange, sign me up for the write up for Berserk for the Feb. OT.

madjoki

That recent Just Cause 3 sale rubbed me wrong as well. New buyers could get the Season Pass by adding $5 to the price of the game, people who sat through shitty patches got no discount at all.

Yeah, this has become number one reason to wait until complete edition is very cheap.

It seems most of big publishers are doing this now.

I guess they deem those who buy early, to be prepared to pay more for DLC content too.

derExperte

And more updates for Age coming.

While we didn’t post any announcements since March, we’ve been updating the game on a monthly basis (fixes, improvements, balance, tutorial, etc), so we continue supporting the game and paying attention to your feedback.

The final content update will be released in December (most likely). Think of it as a free DLC to thank you for your support and encouragement. It will extend the endgame and introduce a new ending (among other things).

derFeef

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Regency Solitaire -- MB-39A0663ED48C8842 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 12 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-8F4EBF572DB6BACB - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WWE 2K16 -- MB-87023A31A1F64FAC - Taken by bigzgod. 18 entrants total.

t1473978929z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom