• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How many copies of Castle of Illusion do I buy and store in my inventory?

As many as you want. I considered stockpiling some copies but ultimately figured that the game's removal had too much notice for selling spares to be particularly worthwhile -- in the age of G2A and Kinguin, every Steam user and his dog would have had the same bright idea.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Oh the Monthly ends today...

Fingers crossed for Day of the Tentacle

homer-crosses-fingers.jpg

Tizoc

That's fine, and it's what I did too, but then I couldn't hack many terminals, couldn't disable security systems, couldn't move heavy objects and what not. So you see a solution to the problem you're trying to solve but you can't do anything about it because you don't have the abilities. Not fun when the variety is main draw of Deus Ex (for me at least.)

Uuuuh I managed to get through it without much hassle or need for hacking. The variety is there and it is short enough for you to replan your approach on how to go through the DLC.

Phawx

As many as you want. I considered stockpiling some copies but ultimately figured that the game's removal had too much notice for selling spares to be particularly worthwhile.

QFT

I'm just glad it's pretty cheap right now. Apparently I didn't own it so I picked it up.

Edit: Also thank goodness I started following Steam thread again. Picked up Shadow Warrior complete for free on GoG and bought something that might be delisted. Good times.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i keep on getting invalid cookie data for idlemaster

:(

I've noticed too that Valve has really been stepping up with their server-side invalidation. It's gotten so bad lately that I usually keep a Steam webpage tab open in my browser, but if I don't use it for about 2 hours I'll get logged off.

fantomena

I see that Gears 4, Recore and FH3 has all the play anwyhere thing on the store. Does it mean that if i buy the PC version on the Win10 Store I will also get the Xbone version or is it only the opposite way (only buy on Xbone to get PC)?

Momentary

Banned
any recommendations for the shmup sale on Steam this weekend?

i already bought Mushuhimesama, Luftrausers (double dip, have it on PSN) and Enter the Gungeon earlier this morning, but was hoping for some lesser known shooters that i can snag on the cheap.

Aside from what people already mentioned there are some new lesser known shmups that are amazing. MECHA Ritz, ReFrain, Valkyrius Prime, Wolflame, Battle Crust. I don't know if they are all in sale.

venomenon

GMG Mystery Pack
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/mystery-bundle-3-pack/

Apparently you can use 75OFF3PACK to get another 75% off but for me it doesn't work.
Doesn't work for me either.

Chainsaw Warrior (kinda sorta acceptable I guess, already have it though)
Stay Dead Evolution (could this be "so bad it's good" level? Looks like it)
and the best of all...
Time Gentlemen, Please / Ben There, Dan That

Really, GMG?

should i risk it?
Lower your expectations to minimum level. Then lower them slightly further and go for it.

Ludens

Banned
should i risk it?

Dunno, I got trick twice, I won't risk the third.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trinium Wars Steam Premium Starter Pack -- MB-3787B5E0C46EB9EE - Taken by hardcastlemccormick

Still available. Yet, I'm posting it again, but as I wrote this game was removed from Steam, so if you want it, that's your chance. It has cards too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've seen better stuff come out of our regular (free) Modbot garbage dumps when Stump puts up all the things that have gone unclaimed

r3n4ud

Take 'em awaaaay!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

RETSNOM -- MB-09D4B596A018F280 - Taken by Jalal
Queen's Quest - Tower of Darkness -- MB-CCEB9C983E449A9B - Taken by ExoSoul
Demon Hunter - Chronicles From Beyond -- MB-ED5FBFAB4FB8D675 - Taken by Kifimbo
Nightmares From the Deep 2 - The Siren's Call -- MB-2982EA5C212B1EDC - Taken by dave is ok
Trouble in the Manor -- MB-D9323130A8E69EFC - Taken by ussjtrunks
Nightmares From the Deep -The Cursed Heart -- MB-7D1086583CE7F56F - Taken by jgalat
Vortex - The Gateway -- MB-3A5295A839340AB0 - Taken by dimmer
Gnomoria -- MB-442D9AA3F0C21B70 - Taken by freshVeggie
Clockwork Tales - Of Glass and Ink -- MB-03BA0EAC8E9B9A5F - Taken by Costa1774
Chicken Assassin - Master of Humiliation -- MB-24DB3B25ED69FC2B - Taken by madjoki
Fairytale Mysteries 2 - The Beanstalk -- MB-004FAFC75DF7BC08 - Taken by voodooray
Neon Space 2 -- MB-4F16ECA698A7A396 - Taken by bloke
Nightmares From the Deep 3 - Davy Jones -- MB-DAADACC246057131 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Caromble! -- MB-228B1C6B7419B8F7 - Taken by septicore

GMG Mystery Pack
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/mystery-bundle-3-pack/

Apparently you can use 75OFF3PACK to get another 75% off but for me it doesn't work.

Of course there are people who got Dark Souls 3 and some COD, like usual.

Also happy bday to the people on gaf!

Man, that was meh.
But thanks for the heads up.

Also, while you can only buy one pack per account, you can buy both the 3x and the 1x if you want another go (
it wasn't worth it
).

Grief.exe

Maybe NMS just lowered everybody's standards. "It's better than nothing NMS"

I'm skeptical about how much the demographics overlap between the games. There will be some overlap as they accomplish largely the same goals at a basic level, but they are vastly different genres when you start to break the surface.

No Man's Sky is largely a survival game aimed at the mainstream, while Elite is a Hardcore space sim. I've seen NMS players in the Elite OT not even able to land their ship lol.

What new stuff?

They've been consistently adding QOL improvements and small content updates.

Adding a bunch of new ships at the end if last year, adding in engineering upgrades and quest updates this spring, and now leading into aliens and new ships coming by the end of the year.

I still think there are some unclaimed giveaway keys floating around from the last time I did that GMG Mystery crap.

Mystery Shit Pack. Not this time GMG.

MUnited83

For you.
As many as you want. I considered stockpiling some copies but ultimately figured that the game's removal had too much notice for selling spares to be particularly worthwhile -- in the age of G2A and Kinguin, every Steam user and his dog would have had the same bright idea.
To be fair, a return on the investment is guaranteed, and provided you wait long enough as the copies dry out you'll eventually be able to sell them for a good price.

JaseC

To be fair, a return on the investment is guaranteed, and provided you wait long enough as the copies dry out you'll eventually be able to sell them for a good price.

Oh, absolutely. That's why I stressed "particularly" -- a profit is practically guaranteed, but the copies are unlikely ever going to singularly fund, say, the lion's share of a pre-order of a AAA game.

Ludens

Banned
Ok, guys, you can say I'm stupid, dumb or whatever, but how the hell is possible on Steamgift every single time GMG does a mystery sale, there are people popping out saying they got Dark souls 3? I mean, not one or two people (already a rarety if you consider DS3 is a 60€ game and the chance two people posting in the same thread is kinda rare already), but a lot more. Am I the only one getting only garbage from those bundles? Are GMG employees posting in those threads to sell their bundles? I know a dude on Gaf got DS3 too, of course there are SOME copies of good games, but i think they are like 1 DS3 every 10000 Woodle Tree.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Ok, guys, you can say I'm stupid, dumb or whatever, but how the hell is possible on Steamgift every single time GMG does a giveaway, there are people popping out saying they got Dark souls 3? I mean, not one or two people (already a rarety if you consider DS3 is a 60€ game and the chance two people posting in the same thread is kinda rare already), but a lot more. am I the only one getting only garbage from those bundles? Are GMG employees posting in those threads to sell their bundles? I know a dude on Gaf got DS3 too, of course there are SOME copies of good games, but i think they are like 1 DS3 every 10000 Woodle Tree.
The people who got something good are more likely to post about than the people getting bullshit too

venomenon

Ok, guys, you can say I'm stupid, dumb or whatever, but how the hell is possible on Steamgift every single time GMG does a giveaway, there are people popping out saying they got Dark souls 3? I mean, not one or two people (already a rarety if you consider DS3 is a 60€ game and the chance two people posting in the same thread is kinda rare already), but a lot more.
They're lying. Or there are way more people buying these packs that don't post about the garbage they got than you'd expect.
I mean, how high could the chance to get a 60€ game be before it becomes financially stupid for GMG? 2%?

Still, I can't resist this shit, bought the single mystery game as well and got Corporate Lifestyle Simulator. This could actually be okay (5€ game with 89% positive reviews).

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Swordbreaker: The Game -- MB-C92F34D5C6378B02 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Plazma Being -- MB-C5B93887F0801DA6 - Taken by anastef
Linea, the Game -- MB-AFAA062067D4E98A - Taken by septicore
Hiiro -- MB-67134D1A79480697 - Taken by Ucchedavāda
A Wild Catgirl Appears! -- MB-A6129474DC66907B - Taken by Ludens

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-B1AD53BDC29CA478 - Taken by ibn Saïd - Taken by ibn Sad
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-1908DF739F9620A9 - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Gift -- MB-000FC09834BD270B - Taken by chronomac

This is my mystery bundle. I can guarantee you:
-there's no DS3 on this
-each game is different

Also it comes for free.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Maybe NMS just lowered everybody's standards. "It's better than nothing NMS"

No, Elite is just a legit great game... It's more in the line that people now appreciate Elite more and notice that it was good to begin with and that it does so much stuff just right

4 yrs in my Deathadder has began acting up, I love the shape but was wondering if theres any new mouse I should be looking at as a replacement?

Deques

How exactly do you do it? I cycle through games individually and I've only gotten 4 cards from going through all 90 of my games.
There's no answer for that as it is random. Sometimes you need to idle for 5 seconds, sometimes 1 second. Other times you idle for 10 seconds. Just keep skipping games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom