• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my lazy question, but is this much-vaunted anniversary update an opt-in thing?

I've received update scheduling prompts on both of my Win10 machines, with overnight reboots and whatnot, but I've seen none of the supposed woes associated with this update (junky Start menu items reappearing, Cortana bullying her way back into being, etc).

It's still very slowly being rolled out through the Windows 10 userbase. It's possible to have not gotten update yet.

Momentary

Banned
How do you go about implementing this idlemaster glitch. Is there a guide somewhere? I have 650 card drops that need to be collected.

shockdude

MORE THE CREW
Disabled motion blur? Nice.
You should consider Motion Blur Low, it's similar to the motion blur of early Burnout games and provides a good balance of clarity and motion. Doesn't look as good in cutscenes and screenshots, though.
My laptop can't run The Crew at higher than 45 FPS, so a 30FPS lock with motion blur is very necessary on my end.

Accoun

Ah, gotcha - thanks!

Didn't seem very Win10-ish for it to be an optional thing, so that makes sense, cheers.

I am dreading that day, since I'm on mobile internet with a 40 GB limit until I either get a WiFi signal booster, or that powerline adapter thing. I probably have to look if I can download an ISO for the AE or something.

Salsa

earlier today survived a crash in a cab with a minor injury to the head

what a save!

do cabs there have like that window thing to avoid people robbing them but at the same time making it a fuckin hazard to the passenger's head

never taking a cab again tbh. uberlyfe

Finally got around to finishing the first episode of Telltale's Batman, the story seems like it's going be interesting, I look forward to the next episode.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

what a save!

do cabs there have like that window thing to avoid people robbing them but at the same time making it a fuckin hazard to the passenger's head

MBTV has the exclusive footage:

vLh3N6u.gif

yuraya

Probably late on this but I think they finally patched in cards for Bioshock remastered. Just got my first card after 5.5 hrs of play.

mp1990

Banned

what a save!

I thought those cab windows were a first world trend, uruguay truly is a dope place

Salsa

I thought those cab windows were a first world trend, uruguay truly is a dope place

they kinda suck, man

I was wearing my seatbelt and I still smashed my head open against it. barely got a dent with some blood in it (which, better than glass everywhere, but still)

cabs here ARE fancier than some other places i've been but that's one situation where the interest relies only on the driver not getting robbed. they're way too close and hard as fuckin metal

if there wasnt one of those there I woulda just hit my head against the cushion of the back of the driver seat

Phawx

I played about 50 minutes of Owlboy before the demo ran out. Truthfully it would have only been 40 min if I hadn't gotten side tracked on an enemy.

It seems to be a Metroidvania that has a Zelda-like presentation in terms of color-grading and menu style. There are bits of Gyromite-esque elements that coalesces into a shmup.

There are palpable signatures from the SNES library in the animation. There is a clear SNES pixel-shake scene that feels ripped straight out of a cartridge. The comedy beats are on point from both straight slapstick and nuanced dialogue.

I think the only negative I could say is that if you hadn't played anything from the SNES era, I almost think you'd be missing out.

Also good lord is this game beautiful. I recorded the game in 4k (it also runs at 4k and the options even for controllers are plentiful KBM/360/PS4/Steam and each customizable)

Owlboy felt like nostalgia concentrate. Distilled nostalgia.

Lawd it was good. I am looking forward to this game.

I'll post the video after it's done processing, which YouTube takes a long time on 4k stuff. So probs EST afternoon.

zkylon

zkylewd
CsQuZutWcAAYVWS.jpg

this is the best anime car

haven't played any actual steam game in what feels like years

metroid 2 remake was dope but boss fights still suck like in every metroid game
parasite eve 2 started out great then quickly went to shit
parasite eve 3 story so far is absolute garbage in a really pathetic pandering way and gameplay seems really boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom