• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

jshackles I'll try to PM you a list of games you could add to your Extra Life playlist. I'll be aiming for games that are short, but you can disregard any games you've already completed and beaten.

Things I learned today: CD Project Red are extremely lazy devs who don't care about their customers, are in bed with Microsoft and only care more about future titles and crappy card games.

Amzin

I feel like that headline is misleading, it sounds like they want to unify the mess that is the Skype platform. As the article mentions, there's like 5 or 6 different platforms for Skype right now, some very divergent, and they are going to develop a new one that sounds like it will replace many of the old.

Considering I have to use Skype for business at work, Skype at home, and Skype mobile on my phone, all for various contacts, I would welcome a less splintered software :p I never really liked Skype in the first place years ago but I am but one voice in the sea of people I contact.

iosefe

the process for Pro updates are apparently simple enough for one person to do.

can't remember which game was doing it though

Knurek

Why would Witcher 3 even need a PS4P patch?
It's not like the potato, netbook level CPUs will let the game run at 60fps refresh rate.

Purkake4

Banned
Apparently Sky Rogue got a new update with a heavy interceptor when I wasn't looking.

tumblr_odbqdud5Gk1tifoaeo2_540.gif

Tizoc

All this PS4 Pro idiocy is...honestly I should be able to write a fucking prose about it.
The thing is just an upgrade from one 'computer rig' to a slightly stronger one; stuff PCGamers have been doing for a decade, and now console peeps are acting like it's some kind of revolution.

the process for Pro updates are apparently simple enough for one person to do.

can't remember which game was doing it though

If you don't mind me asking, what is the process like? A dev just needs to release an update file or the sort for a game that is Pro compatible and then the console will enable the performance enhancements etc?

Wok

I have been looking for the answer to a stupid question but could not find one online, so I am asking here just in case some expert in cheevos would know.

I have 36 "perfected" games according to Steam, i.e. games with 100% completion in terms of achievements. I would like to know which games are these. However, if I look at astats.nl, only 35 "perfected" games are detected, and the total number of achievements is 4076, including achievements which are obsolete, instead of 4097 (Steam count). So I am looking for some demo or game with less than 21 achievements which would explain the difference. Is there a tool/script to do that? Or any insight regarding what to do with a script language like Python?

One thing that I suspect is that astats does not update all the cheevos, but prefers to detect recently played games and only updates these. Say you do not visit astats for a long time, then some games will never be updated.

Jawmuncher

So a resident evil 7 VR Demo truck is going to be hitting numerous states. If anyone finds the actual schedule please post it. Raleigh is only an hour from me so I think I'll make the trip to go play it.

It'll be the lantern demo that was playable at gamescom

09_19_Map_Spokane.jpg

Bought Arslan played it for 10 mins and asked for a refund. The performance is rubbish :( makes me sad as I really wanted to play it guess I'll try the ps4 version instead.

kagamin

In the "No patch for Witcher 3 for PS4 PRO thread." It's becoming worse and worse so would advise you not to enter it to keep your sanity.

I don't understand why it escalated this high honestly, why do people seem so quick to jump to conclusions based purely on their skewed opinions?
eRuKQHD.jpg

Kudo

Bloody Baron.. First time I regret my "one save" for RPGs, I know I'd go back and choose differently that I'd spend most of the time replaying but damn, the choices in Witcher 3 are harsh.

kagamin

Bloody Baron.. First time I regret my "one save" for RPGs, I know I'd go back and choose differently that I'd spend most of the time replaying but damn, the choices in Witcher 3 are harsh.

I have millions of saves for all my RPGs, because I'm a very fickle person.

rtcn63

Hard + no vita chambers works. It's easy to watch your first aid kids just disappear in a hectic situation. I'm also playing with a gamepad and aim assist off (I always turn it off).

Kudo

I have millions of saves for all my RPGs, because I'm a very fickle person.

I'd have too many and would spend all the time doing choices differently if I'd let myself do that anymore, having one save keeps me progressing, normally I'd lose interest in the game at some point if I kept redoing quests so I've noticed now I actually finish some of the long RPGs.

best quest in the game imo

Very emotional and had many twists, it was great. I have high expectations as it's fairly early to the game that there's something that can rival it later on, just got to Hattori.

Yeah as soon as
his wife turned back into a human and died immediately afterwards and the baron subsequently hung himself
I had to start over to correct it.

kagamin

I'd have too many and would spend all the time doing choices differently if I'd let myself do that anymore, having one save keeps me progressing, normally I'd lose interest in the game at some point if I kept redoing quests so I've noticed now I actually finish some of the long RPGs.

I don't even save to redo choices most of the time, I just save because I have "save more than I need to just in case you never know" syndrome.

r3n4ud

Few of the keys are Humble gift links. Why you ask? Dunno. Felt like it.

If for whatever reason I messed shit up, well..pm me and tell me I'm a tool.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Systematic Immunity -- MB-AE37AF2710D327DB - Taken by darkchewie
Uncanny Valley -- MB-EC94EB4B622591CF - Taken by Last Baron
TimeShift -- MB-621CC0EE34B5AE4D - Taken by Nabs
Shiftlings -- MB-F7BBF3F54935C8AE - Taken by ExoSoul
Geometry Wars 3 -- MB-846CB03F80152E80 - Taken by madjoki
Space Quest Collection -- MB-328BA6104E09BA94 - Taken by fspm
Plazma Being -- MB-BD328F833A671140 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-CDE30DD2A44F3702 - Taken by Shalashaska
Home -- MB-6C02E22478948214

Kudo

Yeah as soon as
his wife turned back into a human and died immediately afterwards and the baron subsequently hung himself
I had to start over to correct it.

Left pretty bad aftertaste in my mouth too, but no backing out at this point. Just hoping there's chance later in the game to redeem myself, I want
the crones and that mare fiend
to taste my steel.

oipic

is it safe to update to the windows anniversary update yet?

Forgive my lazy question, but is this much-vaunted anniversary update an opt-in thing?

I've received update scheduling prompts on both of my Win10 machines, with overnight reboots and whatnot, but I've seen none of the supposed woes associated with this update (junky Start menu items reappearing, Cortana bullying her way back into being, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom