• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
INB4 arrogant Sega issues DMCA takedown of this project
/jk

It's the major difference between Sega and Nintendo actually. It's the proverbial sliding door where their two paths diverged irrevocably.

Nintendo takes the path that would shut down someone trying to remake one of its classic games.

Sega takes the path that sees that realistic hedgehog video and wonders when it becomes violently sexual.

There but for the grace of God.

Zeeman

Artifex Mundi PC & Mobile Bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/:

Pay $1 or more for Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope, Vampire Legends: The True Story of Kisilova, and The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent.

Pay more than the average price and you’ll also get Crime Secrets: Crimson Lilly, Eventide: Slavic Fable, and The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times.

Pay $5 or more for all of that plus Grim Legends 3: The Dark City and Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher’s Stone.

Jawmuncher

Arslan finally 50% off :) seems tecmo koei games rarely if ever go below that

Probably gonna grab on PS4. Should be a 10 dollar game since it bombed at retail by Black Friday.

Are you talking about Jim Sterling? He made fun of it, but I think he liked it overall, he was just laughing at the situation.

Ahh ok, figured it was a different game.

Teggy

So what's the metacritic scores for these Indiegala games? Is this a quality selection of games with naked bewbs on the cover art?

Tizoc

So what's the metacritic scores for these Indiegala games? Is this a quality selection of games with naked bewbs on the cover art?

vndb is a good resource on what are the better regarded VNs are. Be it featuring Sexual Content or without

For those of you looking for a nice breather game, I played a quick 40 levels of Hook and loved it. Nice ambient soundtrack, puzzles with increasing number of elements and complexity, and no settings or menu. Turn it on and you're right on your last puzzle, play a bit, and ESC closes it out. It's a buck!

ss_26878583a6625b9e73f39b4a1c4c33e3f9242585.600x338.jpg

Levyne

Banned
PoP Forgotten Sands looks fine for a game with hardly many gfx options, but the colors feel so muted and bland.

I actually for some reason played this near when it released. Maybe because I liked PoP 08 a lot, but i barely remember this one.

Tizoc

I actually for some reason played this near when it released. Maybe because I liked PoP 08 a lot, but i barely remember this one.

Wanna know what I didn't remember when I replayed it just now? The dialog. The Prince would speak at certain points of the (early) game. It's intended to invoke that he is retelling the events that lead him to a certain point in the game, however its delivery and some of the lines beg the player to ask: Who the hell is he talking to?

It's a shame isolationism wasn't very popular during that period with certain devs :/
I will say this though: I like that the game clears the life bar after a while so you're basically left HUD-less. I hadn't noticed that when I played it long ago on the PS3. Such a shame the lifebar itself looks...stupid.

Teggy

Forgotten Sands is an underrated game - it has some very good platforming with a whole bunch of new mechanics not seen in the previous SoTverse games.

Accoun

I'm about to buy a 1070 and there's no get a free game :( I don't know what this Paragon is they're trying to give away but I'm not having it.

Any chance a game will be bundled with gpus soon?

Had this with my 970, except with Warships. I can understand it with a lower budget GPU like mine, but it's kinda disappointing to see no bonus game. At least I got Rainbow 6: Siege with my i5, but there was some f2p premium bullshit with it.

On the other hand, 950/960s at least get either Hard Reset Redux or Dead By Daylight with it.

Well the Deus Ex MD DLC, called Jensen's Story: Desperate Measures took all of about 30 minutes to finish completely stealth. It answer liked one question about the main game, not even one I was desperate (get it) to get.

Pakkidis

Pay $1 or more for Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope, Vampire Legends: The True Story of Kisilova, and The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent.

Pay more than the average price and you’ll also get Crime Secrets: Crimson Lilly, Eventide: Slavic Fable, and The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times.

Pay $5 or more for all of that plus Grim Legends 3: The Dark City and Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher’s Stone.

Thank you for posting, I love hidden object games.

NeoRaider

I am not sure should i get this one. I would buy full bundle, mostly for my smartphone tho. i wouldn't play these games on PC...

Levyne

Banned
Well the Deus Ex MD DLC, called Jensen's Story: Desperate Measures took all of about 30 minutes to finish completely stealth. It answer liked one question about the main game, not even one I was desperate (get it) to get.

Well it was preorder dlc right? It was doomed from the get go, either it was a meaningful thing locked away to preorders or a meaningless sidemission to sell preorders while being nearly inconsequential.

I have no doubt that the followup DLCs will be more meaty, though selling it as a return of a HR character still is kinda bla.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone use Nvidia GeForce Experience for recording gameplay?

Can I access my gallery on my PC without the app? And upload to Youtube myself? Its painfully slow using the app

Levyne

Banned

Can I access my gallery on my PC without the app? And upload to Youtube myself? Its painfully slow using the app

You can set a folder for videos to be recorded to and upload maually, yea. I just have a folder in documents called "Shadowplay Videos", but both manual and shadow recordings go there.

I hate Nvidia's youtube integration (especially for streaming, ugh ugh ugh), so I just do want I want with the mp4s manually.

Doesn't it just save to folders on your PC you specify in the settings?...should be able to just go into the settings and see which folders it's using either for your videos or photos

madjoki

Well it was preorder dlc right? It was doomed from the get go, either it was a meaningful thing locked away to preorders or a meaningless sidemission to sell preorders while being nearly inconsequential.

I have no doubt that the followup DLCs will be more meaty, though selling it as a return of a HR character still is kinda bla.

It's not actually preorder exclusive, at least Steam copies still include every "preorder" DLC, apart from Dota 2 pack.

Regginator

Oh.

Well then idk why it was so short and pointless.

The illusion of "free DLC" and thus desperately trying to increase some goodwill. Desperate Measures was clearly a side quest cut from the main game, only added as an incentive for the terrible "augment your pre-order" debacle and then made "free" for all day 1 editions.

The crew
It is free via uplay atm
I got everything maxed out but with fxaa and it looks stunning

they updated the graphics and such with a patch last year when they released their "Wild Run" expansion...original version was really hit and miss as far as how it looked at times

I think I'll play through Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den right now. Never played either, did play through Bioshock 1 and SS's though

Hey the beginning is kinda cool actually. Why does the character move so friggin' slow though? Bumping the FOV to 110 helped not only for the claustrophobic FOV but also to the sense of speed, but it's still too slow.

Is the development team really called Business Division 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom