• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

tumblr_mofz5daEPJ1qixfalo1_500.gif

gelf

Dark Souls 3 might be the only Steam game that came out this year that I've actually played. It's been a backlog and retro games kind of year. Well okay thats most years for me but it's even more stark this time.

Edit: No wait Dragons Dogma was this year wasn't it. So that's two.

Station42

So the Steam forums for Wheels of Aurelia say that you should get a Steam key if you bought it when it was in a Humble Bundle, but I just checked and I don't seem to have the game in the bundle anymore. I had a listing for a Wheels of Aurelia beta or something along with all the other games but now there's no mention of Wheels of Aurelia at all. Not sure if that's because the full release is soon or what.

Should be fixed now, please let me know if it works for you!

I think I already have this one.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Slipstream 5000 -- MB-1F59A6A237645053 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1474392186z1.png

Wok

My Steam GOTY so far:
  1. The Witness (no comment)
  2. No Man's Sky (yes, I love having Pokemon Snap in space)
  3. Inside (amazing experience)
  4. Stephen's Sausage Roll (because increpare)
  5. Ghost 1.0 (a damn good metroidvania)
  6. Seasons After Fall (relaxing non-violent game)
  7. The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (perfect book adaptation)
  8. Cthulhu Realms (I love some good card games)
I need to play more Obduction before ranking this one.

If you have an opportunity to try any of these games, please do.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Dark Souls 3 are gonna be up there on mine. I haven't played a lot of other stuff that came out this year. Working on that backlog, yall.

derExperte

Impressive FH3 scores, can't help but smile in the general direction of the 'Forza is generic crap, gonna wait for GT' crowd.

Still not paying 70€.

kagamin

Impressive FH3 scores, can't help but smile in the general direction of the 'Forza is generic crap, gonna wait for GT' crowd.

Still not paying 70€.

Just use that region exploit if you really want it I guess, I know next to nothing about it though so can't help you there.

Batman Episode 2 is up now

I keep saying it, and admittedly I've not played it yet, but I just don't get the appeal =/

It's definitely not my type of game, but seeing the absurd attention to detail that one person packed into it is pretty wild. It gleams with this feeling of being handcrafted, something not many video games can do.

I'm pretty sure it will be my #1 vote, and I haven't personally played any of it.

I've just gotten a contact by being in the vicinity of a few hundred hours of it being played.

Bloodborne had actual gameplay tho

AND MULTIPLAYER unlike NO MAN'S LIE!!1!

bjaelke

FREE Humble exclusives for Duelyst!

Fancy free Duelyst exclusive content, only from Humble Bundle!
Enter your email address to get these dual Duelyst keys right now:
- 20 Spirit Orbs ($30 value) for new accounts
- Cosmetics Bundle with Legendary FOG Emote Set (2x), Legendary Humble Bundle Card Back,
and Keeper of the Value Skin + 1 Legendary Keeper of the Vale
Dodged a bullet there

Nzyme32

NBA 2K17 is a very interesting look at the new Steam Reviews update.

The game is listed as "mixed" from around 800+ reviews, yet when you scroll down and use the filters, all other than language list the game as "mostly positive", which maxes out at around 300 reviews that are in English. Many of the displayed reviews are "free" copies or "pre-release"

Opening this up to all languages is where the reviews drop to "mixed". Seems Japanese and Korean folks in particular are having issues.

Makes me wonder why Valve can't introduce a system that highlights the group showing the most negative reviews / positive reviews that deviate from the rest, so folks can have a better idea on whether issues apply to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom