• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admodieus

I realize that the typical setup for using Steam Link is that the desktop is hard wired to the router while the Link is connected wirelessly, but is anybody using it in the reverse way, where their desktop is connected to the network wirelessly and the Steam Link is connected to the router over ethernet? This is the setup that I would be using at home, and I'm trying to decide if the Link is worth it.

rtcn63

I'm genuinely surprised that the Humble Bundle OT isn't titled "I'll buy that for a dollar!". Or maybe it was.

I watched Giantbomb or something play Devil Daggers. A game for masochists to say the least.

Nzyme32

Surprised Devil Daggers has only sold 60,000 copies or so (according to SteamSpy). I bought it day one and love it. Really fantastic fun

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-C80D0BFFEC11780F - Taken by Eila. 15 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-B90BEF5C87536C1D - Taken by Large Professor. 4 entrants total.

t1474396263z1.png

Werd

Definitely a good $1 tier, two of them on my wishlist.

Glad to see Stronghold Crusader 2 actually, has a bad reputation but I enjoyed playing the original earlier this month and wanted to give it a shot at some point. Reasonably cheap BTA is an easy enough way to do so.

Also, only played an hour of Duelyst. I guess I would be better off making a new account if I want to play it again....

Phawx

So Phawx, still hyped for that GPD Win ? :p
Seeing your posts on Dingoonity, did a chinese contacted you to resell his/her GPD win ? :p

Yea man. Also I talked with Alice at GPD through Skype. She pretty much confirmed Indiegogo backers > resellers are getting the 8700. So I'm doing my best to try and get the 8750. Right now everyone in China is asleep.

So far these are the things I've tried.

1.) Dingoonity > baidu buyout offer

2.) Friend who has relatives in China to buy off of Idle Fish

3.) Asking if someone on SteamGaf lives in China that could buy off of Idle Fish and then I could pay them for their trouble.

So far nothing :(

Yea man. Also I talked with Alice at GPD through Skype. She pretty much confirmed Indiegogo backers > resellers are getting the 8700. So I'm doing my best to try and get the 8750. Right now everyone in China is asleep.

3.) Asking if someone on SteamGaf lives in China that could buy off of Idle Fish and then I could pay them for their trouble.

https://world.tmall.com/item/537649015508.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.qsd5a0&skuId=3210407163527

That one? Sadly I am not in China anymore since 2 weeks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One single Midweek Madness.
The Sims 3.
This is what Steam has become.

I was hoping for a bit of a discount on Telltale Batman since episode 2 released. Gotta buy a copy of that on Steam because fuck Telltale accounts

Phawx

No, that's the GPD XD. The GPD Win shipped to JD.com backers and they are reselling extra they bought on Idle Fish. As far as I know, Idle Fish is only available through an app. It's going for about $345 on the high-end. But I'd pay that and then some to someone if they could help.

It's quite unfortunate for me that you are no longer there :(

data

question: how do I choose a custom charity for bundles? I picked ocean defender's on the humble store but it won't show up for me on bundles

Wok

Ahah, I remember buying Stronghold Crusader 2 when there was a price mistake on Steam. I got it for 15€ a few days after release, or something like that. Now, it is in a humble bundle for $4.40. I still have not played the game even once since I bought it. It was 2 years ago.

KarmaCow

question: how do I choose a custom charity for bundles? I picked ocean defender's on the humble store but it won't show up for me on bundles

Under Choose where your money goes > Charity > there is a little bit at the bottom which lets you search for charities you can give to.

Phawx

Ahah, I remember buying Stronghold Crusader 2 when there was a price mistake on Steam. I got it for 15€ a few days after release, or something like that. Now, it is in a humble bundle for $4.40. I still have not played the game even once since I bought it.

Sometimes you win the game. Sometimes you lose.

Edit:

Also just in case anyone isn't aware, if you own games on Humble Bundle and it shows the button greyed out, you can still click on it to produce a Steam Key. You don't have to do that email nonsense.

fenners

Already had this one.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Runstone Keeper -- MB-5F66D2AE4C419EC4 - Taken by nightstorm

Eila

Damn, hope something comes out of the Smach Zero or another company starts working on one as well.

chronomac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil's Daggers -- MB-9EE17FD79A86897C - Taken by OmarYusaf. 14 entrants total.

t1474397718z1.png

Grief.exe

My Steam GOTY so far:
  1. The Witness (no comment)
  2. No Man's Sky (yes, I love having Pokemon Snap in space)
  3. Inside (amazing experience)
  4. Stephen's Sausage Roll (because increpare)
  5. Ghost 1.0 (a damn good metroidvania)
  6. Seasons After Fall (relaxing non-violent game)
  7. The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (perfect book adaptation)
  8. Cthulhu Realms (I love some good card games)
I need to play more Obduction before ranking this one.

If you have an opportunity to try any of these games, please do.

Have you tried out Elite Dangerous? I really like it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Delivering cargo throughout the galaxy gives me a Euro Truck Simulator vibe, where I can just relax, turn on a podcast, and fuel the fires of capitalism throughout the universe.

The space combat and flight is also really, really good.

Wok

Have you tried out Elite Dangerous? I really like it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Not yet but definitely interested in trying this kind of game. Either with Elite or Everspace. The feeling of being in control of a spacecraft free to move in a huge universe is exhilarating.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I just started playing Elite Dangerous. I learned how to accept a quest and go where I needed to and find the station which seemed daunting on its own

Then I couldn't land properly. Fuck that game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Not yet but definitely interested in trying this kind of game. Either with Elite or Everspace. The feeling of being in control of a spacecraft free to move in a huge universe is exhilarating.

everspace and elite dont have much in common except that both are set in space

that feeling you are describing... thats Elite for sure :) (see the second linked video)

I just started playing Elite Dangerous. I learned how to accept a quest and go where I needed to and find the station which seemed daunting on its own

Then I couldn't land properly. Fuck that game.

it takes a while to get used too, its really on the simulation side of things...

and speaking of elite

patch 2.2 preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppg5yO495Rk

edit: and this again just cause its cool :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSwte6iXCQ8

Hmm, the new bundle isn't for me this time. Instead, I bought Ys: Oath in Felghana and Kero Blaster from the humble sale, and I'll consider that my humble bundle money for the week. :)

Eila

The PGS thing still looks like vaporware and the Smach Z's formfactor leave a lot to be desired.

The Smach Zero doesn't look very pocket friendly but I love the controller form factor. Not a big fan of the 3DS (lack of) ergonomics.

Hmm, the new bundle isn't for me this time. Instead, I bought Ys: Oath in Felghana and Kero Blaster from the humble sale, and I'll consider that my humble bundle money for the week. :)

Money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom