• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 -- MB-7B40E4C0FD1C6E1C - Taken by animlboogy. 10 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-D508ABE5667CD5CC - Taken by Vlad. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-C51CFB930FA44187 - Taken by Gintoki. 14 entrants total.

t1474399215z1.png

bjaelke

spare
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-7715A60B469F7C7B - Taken by SunDimension24. 14 entrants total.

t1474399215z1.png

mp1990

Banned
Reminder that is factually impossible to beat Ozium's score in Devil Daggers :')

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Runestone Keeper -- MB-FF7B310CF51E3927 - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-18EC592D5644A744 - Taken by darkchewie. 6 entrants total.
Devil Daggers -- MB-22A8DDBE0718EFD0 - Taken by NeoRaider. 14 entrants total.

t1474399453z1.png

illusionary

Easily a BTA bundle for me - Prison Architect is the only one that I already have (from when it was top-tier in a bundle a couple of years back, as it happens)

That's a pretty good bundle, although I've never heard of the top tier game...

Per its Steam description, it's a "multiplayer online hardcore survival game"... so yeah, that's a definite "no" for me on that one!

my birthday is tomorrow so i come bearing gifts
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-96A768E8F8DD6D4E - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 21 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-4DE05B8CFC52EA9D - Taken by dimmer. 5 entrants total.
Punch Club -- MB-42B87F830707926B - Taken by Ludens. 36 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-D85142024BC8CDD1 - Taken by animlboogy. 4 entrants total.
spacechem -- MB-489236BDC0B1A6BC
t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2- -- MB-F6F80A28C7A2696E - Taken by laserlaser. 42 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-B331B8E2D07BA865 - Taken by Ascheroth. 6 entrants total.
anomaly warzone earth -- MB-8274F09EDFEACEA0

t1474484764z1.png

Oh I'm not even considering yours :') I got a run that was, like, milliseconds apart from Ozium, but after that I kept trying for awhile but couldn't get anywhere close to him again.

80 seconds or something like that *nervous laughter*

I can't beat my own score now, I tried for like 2-3 hours yesterday.

I love that new update though, the top-down view on replays is pretty sweet.

xezuru

Anyone here have experience with Towerclimb? I've been salivating for this game to get a sale from looking at it as my next Spelunky experience. Is it better as a controller or keyboard game and how is getting into it?

Corpekata

Banned
What are you talking about?
Even if you don't like where they took the story, in terms of gameplay it's the highlight of the franchise. Besides, Courtnee Draper's performance is absolutely incredible.

Yeah, if anything episode 1 of the DLC is the worst part. If you've already played it, there's little reason to skip episode 2.

MadGear

I used to enjoy playing deathmatch in CS:GO now and then but since the sound update DM is just full of players running around with an AWP and manually voting for dust2 because its the one map where they know where to stand/camp with that weapon. I know DM will never be a focus for CS:GO but wow, this has gotten so much worse now.

I also just started UT for the first time in months. The game is pretty much dead and I doubt that this is due to the games alpha state. But then again, I guess it was never alive to begin with. I hope that Quake Champions and Diabotical will do much better than this.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CertifiedFP, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-8202F23B0190EB66 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-2567992DAC4041B8 - Taken by Benedict. 16 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-45949984E7F05540 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 4 entrants total.
Total War Rome 2 Caesar in Gaul DLC -- MB-3BB76F1FCC60873E
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-4F75F9D33BC4B300 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Kane and Lynch Collection -- MB-0DB1CCB8C4DC7C24 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 8 entrants total.
Startopia -- MB-F1544032273264A7 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1474410931z1.png

Is Miscreated the game after Romero's Aftermath which was the game after Infestation Survivor Stores which was PNA The War Z?

I think I remember there being a lineage there.

edit: I can't find anything, I guess not

Corpekata

Banned
Is Miscreated the game after Romero's Aftermath which was the game after Infestation Survivor Stores which was PNA The War Z?

I think I remember there being a lineage there.

I really doubt Humble would somehow get suckered into giving them a major highlighted platform.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well, Telltale Batman has a bug where it says press RT & A in a QTE and it doesn't work. Had to switch to Keyboard.

Nzyme32

If you haven't checked your Humble Library in a long while, it's worth having a look.

Found 16 keys that I hadn't activated because they hadn't been added till some point after I made the respective bundle purchase or kickstarter release.

Of those keys includes something I complained about not receiving - the Broken Age Documentary series, which backers at a certain level are getting for free on Steam now that Steam does video series (and actually organises them in categories).

EDIT - Wow - The DoubleFine Adventure Documentary supports trading cards, but they are all within the first episode. Have cards gone too far?!

Runestone Keeper is one of the few "Very Positive" rated games that I absolutely despise. I just realized that it's also a game that I actually bought from the Steam store, instead of as part of a bundle. Now I'm trying to figure out why I bought it in the first place.

Nothing else in the new Humble really catches my interest.

I'm gonna have to pick up Forza Horizon 3, if you would have told me that in the year of our Lord 2016 I would have bought/acquired 3 games on the Windows 10 Store on my own free will I would have called you a liar.

Decided to start Dead Rising 2 after finishing the first game since I have never played it on PC and was still in the mood for more. And man, performance is often horrible. Framerate probably goes as low as 5-10fps at times. Thought this was a better port.

Knurek

I'm gonna have to pick up Forza Horizon 3, if you would have told me that in the year of our Lord 2016 I would have bought/acquired 3 games on the Windows 10 Store on my own free will I would have called you a liar.

Just wait for fiscal year 2017, when Microsoft execs will see results from FY2016, they will undoubtedly put them on Steam.

Just wait for fiscal year 2017, when Microsoft execs will see results from FY2016, they will undoubtedly put them on Steam.

That's a low probability IMO. I'd put higher chances on them just killing Play Anywhere if things don't pan out.

Horizon 3 and Gears 4 are supposed to be the Killer Apps of the Win 10 store.

Jawmuncher

Decided to start Dead Rising 2 after finishing the first game since I have never played it on PC and was still in the mood for more. And man, performance is often horrible. Framerate probably goes as low as 5-10fps at times. Thought this was a better port.

Never played 2, but I don't recall having any issues with Off The Record

Dang it. RPG Maker changed a lot. Although I feel like releasing my own game and publish it on Steam. Who knows, maybe it'll be featured in the OP of the Steam | November 2017 thread :")

Hektor

Dang it. RPG Maker changed a lot. Although I feel like releasing my own game and publish it on Steam. Who knows, maybe it'll be featured in the OP of the Steam | November 2017 thread :")

Just gotta put in some cards with anime tits and meme emotes and it's guaranteed to be worth the effort.

i remember having trouble with dr2/otr as well. pretty sure you need to disable motion blur. i'm not sure if there's anything else needed.

once i figured it out it ran fine at 4k on a 2gb 680 i5-3570k

Just gotta put in some cards with anime tits and meme emotes and it's guaranteed to be worth the effort.

Yeah, cards are mandatory for that kind of stuff. But I already have a concrete idea on concept and relying on my limited skills.
Can't program but can do sprites and music :p

Ascheroth

IIRC telltale don't support it. It has issues similar to Unity games and Koei Tecmo stuff where it doesn't respond to certain buttons flat out (usually the triggers).

As someone who's currently making a game in Unity, I hope Unity/Microsoft get it together. Though I suppose we don't need the triggers anyway, so there's that?

Grief.exe

I remember it being a solid port albeit with GFWL when I played. Apparently there are performance problems in the console version as well, which was likely based off the initial PC port.

MT Frameworks the best engine.

It's not about profit, it's about incentivizing ecosystem adoption. Their gaming side profits are completely irrelevant anyways.

AHA-Lambda

New episode of Batman was pretty darn good; Christ it's been a while since TT put out something worthwhile after mediocrity like Walking Dead Michonne and utter shite like Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom