• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Anyone have a guide on how to make a low end laptop gaming ready (e.g. dota 2, csgo, diablo 3 etc - nothing new). I'm having to use my old laptop for now (i3 380m + gt 520m + 4gb ram) and I feel like it's performing a lot worse than it should.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Anyone have a guide on how to make a low end laptop gaming ready (e.g. dota 2, csgo, diablo 3 etc - nothing new). I'm having to use my old laptop for now (i3 380m + gt 520m + 4gb ram) and I feel like it's performing a lot worse than it should.

Make a fresh windows install, that should help a bit :)

Zeeman

Been playing DQ7 this week, and I don't understand why Square Enix hasn't ported the DQ series to PC like Final Fantasy. They've all got iOS versions!

Knurek

Been playing DQ7 this week, and I don't understand why Square Enix hasn't ported the DQ series to PC like Final Fantasy. They've all got iOS versions!

They, as most Japanese publishers, hate money.
I'm guessing taxation is so high in Japan, the companies are better off posting middling profits.
No other explanation!

How are people okay with FIFA games, exactly? Digital Foundry posted direct comparison with PES today, and the amount of terrible, terrible physics glitches in FIFA is astounding. Collision detection should never be this terrible in a sports game!

Tizoc

Because the dq series hasnt done as well outside japan as ff has
One wonders if an actual dq8 hd with the 3ds additions released on steam+current gen systems can show them that steam is a viable market for actual respectably good jrpgs
But alas their jp heads just cant concieve steam or pc as a good or worthwhile venture for dq and they are a bunch of stubborn arses for it
Wonfer if this is what ghosttrick feels like :v

Wok

Quick stats about today's notable releases:

3dcbda3.png
Sz4TJhC.png

mkfcRFB.png
jDTyCz4.png

4GA92oA.png
Wk6bgPm.png

Virginia is rocking hard, followed by The Uncertain.

Sadly, Pavilion is not yet released.

Wok

First Steam review for In Fear we Trust, and OMG if it is true:

ygnRJBC.png

Ding Ding Ding, the sound of money.

wNcRqmd.png

The good thing is that you can get the 4 episode, finish them under 2 hours and refund. Like, WTF.

Accoun

So, I haven't really played COD all that much, and especially not on veteran. I picked up MW2 for Spec Ops and thought I might as well try the campaign.

When I wanted to pick Veteran difficulty, I felt like I was on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and almost expected the game to suggest Phone-a-Friend.
"You sure you want to pick Veteran? It's hard"
"But are you REALLY sure?"
"Like, 100% sure?"

So, I haven't really played COD all that much, and especially not on veteran. I picked up MW2 for Spec Ops and thought I might as well try the campaign.

When I wanted to pick Veteran difficulty, I felt like I was on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and almost expected the game to suggest Phone-a-Friend.
"Like, 100% sure?"

were you sure?

would you kindly go for that aerial

"Like, 100% sure?"

MW2 on Veteran isn't that bad. There are a few tricky spots in Brazil. The Cabin can also be pretty rough. There are also at least two points where you're better off rushing the objective. Otherwise you're stuck dealing with infinite troops.

For the most part it shouldn't be a problem though.

Accoun

MW2 on Veteran isn't that bad. There are a few tricky spots in Brazil. The Cabin can also be pretty rough. There are also at least two points where you're better off rushing the objective. Otherwise you're stuck dealing with infinite troops.

For the most part it shouldn't be a problem though.

I suspect so. It's just that having to choose it 3 times before it accepts, is overdoing it and just annoying enough to catch my attention.
Which I guess might have been the reason, but it's still annoying.

First 30 minutes of Virginia was pretty interesting.

Only thing stopping me from having motion sickness is the cursor though. Motion blur, headbopping, small FOV and mouse smoothing =
emot-barf.gif

First 30 minutes of Virginia was pretty interesting.

Only thing stopping me from having motion sickness is the cursor though. Motion blur, headbopping, small FOV and mouse smoothing =
emot-barf.gif

It's probably because you aren't playing at 30 fps as intended. The human brain just can't handle too many frames.

Amzin

If you want to make optimized games, just rename settings. Call them "Uber" "Ultra" "Hyper" but don't change anything.
For some people, optimized means running all settings at max without knowing what it does.

I'm pretty sure I've had games like that. Where it was chugging a little and I turn the settings down and nothing visibly changed and I'm like .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom