• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even get to do something more than leading 4 small squads in small uninspired maps?

In the campaign? No, it's entirely small-scale with that small group of characters. Chaos Rising does some more interesting things with the group and campaign set-up, but that doesn't change the scale of it.

The multiplayer is like that, but stripping out the characters for nameless grunts and a whole lot more micromanagement.

Blablurn

Cs9rNfoVIAA82Vv.jpg:large

took me almost a week to find a iPhone 7Plus 128GB here in Beijing. Finally. Was saving for it since last december.

Phawx

I was going to join a group buy for the only open secret octogon bundle but I don't want to join this person's group buy because of his username.

I don't care if you have offensive shit as a username but I don't want to directly send money to you or for that person to have my email.

Nah mean?

rtcn63

I was going to join a group buy for the only open secret octogon bundle but I don't want to join this person's group buy because of his username.

I don't care if you have offensive shit as a username but I don't want to directly send money to you or for that person to have my email.

Nah mean?

Piersmorgan51?

Nah mean?

Yeah, fuck that guy. I don't even want to be in the same group buy as him.

Spots usually open up when HH begins if you are fast.

In the campaign? No, it's entirely small-scale with that small group of characters. Chaos Rising does some more interesting things with the group and campaign set-up, but that doesn't change the scale of it.

The multiplayer is like that, but stripping out the characters for nameless grunts and a whole lot more micromanagement.
Well that's disappointing.
Pick Dawn of War 2: Retribution. Play with Orks in the campaign. Very fun.
You suggest I skip the base game and the first expansion?

Corpekata

Banned
Retribution is sort of a semi-sequel and plays out fairly differently, especially in the campaign. It's more traditional with less focus on small squads, less story, and more races so if that's part of why you dislike DoW 2, Ret's campaign may make up for that "flaw."

Personally I loved the DoW 2 and CR campaigns specifically because of the small squads.

data

I finally got to a point where I can play EUIV without being lost from the getgo.

It only took 5 hours of youtube tutorials, but so far I'm having a blast dominating Morocco.

AHA-Lambda

Virginia is up

10% off launch discount, making it only £6.29 :O

Much cheaper than I expected but that may be the expectations of brexit fucking over my currency talking

Amzin

I loved DoW 1 (and still play it occasionally, even got them to send me Steam keys by sending them photos of my old CDs and CD keys :p) so I'm hoping DoW 3 is as good or better. DoW 2 didn't do it for me in the demo but I got the whole collection from some bundle or other so I should give it another shot.

fantomena

Nah mean?

What username or what group?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
group buys group
user is using the n-world as a username

it's not that big of a deal guys you should just get over it

why are you all so offended it's just a word

free speech, sjws, this is the first time i've heard of this but let me tell you my opinion which just so happens to be the exact, ultra-specific, requires-an-alternate-reality opinion of gamergaters

It looks like they're using the same stat system for Tyranny that was in Pillars, which I am not a big fan of. Linking physical strength with spell damage was not great, especially when out of combat any time might was used it always was for physical strength.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like they're using the same stat system for Tyranny that was in Pillars, which I am not a big fan of. Linking physical strength with spell damage was not great, especially when out of combat any time might was used it always was for physical strength.

The Pillars system was certainly different. I don't know if it was bad necessarily, it just intentionally went against a lot of the tropes. As a system it was a bit more logically consistent in that there was just 1 stat governing how much damage stuff did, instead of being different damage stats for different classes. The ideas were good, I just feel like they didn't execute them particularly well. Especially in how those stats were used out in the world. The writing didn't really mesh with the statistics in lots of cases as you pointed out.

rtcn63

Mid and late-game hacking in Bioshock is tedious unless you're completely decked out in engineering tonics. It often comes down to luck, once the liquid flows to the first block you're usually already dead.

Hard difficulty: Once you get to
Haphaestus
, most enemies become bullet sponges. I have the hypnotize big daddy 2 tonic, but an enemy will attack me and the big daddy will do jack shit for the few moments. Electro bolt weakens significantly at this point, becoming almost useless for anything but stunning turrets for hacking. Incinerate isn't much better, I've been relying on Sonic Boom 2 to knock enemies away so I can reload and heal.

If i'd buy roughly ~150 more games i'd be in the top 3000 too. Crazy, i'm not even buying all that much anymore with my measely 1823.

I'm no longer 666 in the world. :( That always made me laugh.

I hope that werewolf thing is a playable class. (And it appears to be a part of the party! YES!)

And while they're talking up the visuals, it just kinda looks a lot like PoE to me, albeit with a higher model fidelity.

I quite like the almost pastel effect. Gives it a point of difference to PoE. The Skull statue with blood pouring out of it's eyes is a nice touch as well.

Not sure about the portraits though, the art style doesn't quite match up.

I just checked mine. What do they mean by most expensive achievements?

http://astats.astats.nl/astats/User_Info.php?SteamID64=76561197964178108

Not quite sure how the math is done, but I assume it's a combination of rarity of the achievement and rarity of the game. My list doesn't quite match up with the steam one on my profile though it's close.

LordRaptor

I just saw Klang as a new release on steam, and I don't know why but assumed it was that ill-fated Neal Stephenson project that had somehow silently turned things round.

Now I am sad.

fantomena

group buys group
user is using the n-world as a username

Looked it up.

Im amazed that someone would even have the thought that using that as a user name is an idea at all.

Im from a white family and my parents used it before until I called them outed and asked them top stop using it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Rockin' Ranger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-C6393815677B0CD7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 34 entrants total.
This RPG is the T1tS
Mystery Game -- MB-B5B084A80FE0A6C4 - Taken by Accoun. 39 entrants total.
I can't come up with anything here, it's SOMA and it's really great
Mystery Game -- MB-B52D66B947AEABE1 - Taken by PaulSane. 63 entrants total.
It would be a Sin 2 not enter for this game
Mystery Game -- MB-15281C7E06BF30ED - Taken by Mikurden. 42 entrants total.
Will forever be a Pillar of your Steam library

t1474606910z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom