• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

There's a legitimate reason for that:

The only thing that can fill in the blanks in regional availability is other distributors coming on board.

I understand that licensing and such is usually the cause, but just speaking from my perspective on the UK side, the video content on Steam is so far behind the US's it's embarrassing. The gulfs aren't typically this wide., they need to do something to catch up.

You guys should get Forza Horizon 3, it's dope.

If it ever comes to Steam I will.

Knurek

I have it locked to 30 now just for the consistency, which is actually really smooth

idontbelieveyou.gif
fast racing game should never be experienced like this. 60 fps or bust.
(if bloody N64 could handle F-Zero X at that framerate, there's no excuse for Forza's 30 fps semi-forced lock)

Arthea

They would kill each other as soon as one of them admits to liking Gothic 3 or Risen.

That said, Gothic 2 and 3 are awesome and all Risen parts are at least good. Gothic 1 is too janky and nearly unplayable nowadays, but G2+3 are fine IMO.
Gothic 2 will forever have a special place in my heart and I think I just decided I need to replay it asap.

so very true

G2 is still playable, just fine. G3 of course too, if anybody wanna play it

Knurek

Oh god...
UWP defense brigade is at it again:

Walled gardens are not all bad. For instance, the SFV rootkit debacle would never happened, and shows that having a store front with a low level access certificate can be potentially bad when that store front does not test/enforce some policies on the developers, and is capable of pushing updates to its users without any further user action other than installing the game.

Microsoft has to save us from Crooked Valve and their rootkit infested storefront!

derFeef

idontbelieveyou.gif
fast racing game should never be experienced like this. 60 fps or bust.
(if bloody N64 could handle F-Zero X at that framerate, there's no excuse for Forza's 30 fps semi-forced lock)

Not sure what they do on the Xbox but it really is smooth, maybe the 60hz physics help. Locked 30fps on PC with this game does not feel as smooth though - which might be related to the framepacing issues. Still prefer the PC version!

mp1990

Banned
Everytime I see Gothic franchise on sale on Steam, I feel ashamed inside.

I haven't played any of them.
I feel like one of these days I should go and try Gothic and all these other classic WRPGs, but given I couldn't stand The Witcher 3, which is considerably more streamlined than the rest, I don't think I'd last long with them.

Three years later, Tonberry server is still full. People are also queuing to get inside. Unbelieveable.
4nUbHIP.jpg

Are you all excited for piranha bytes new, innovative game Gothic in Space Elex?

I was. And then I saw its first gameplay footage.

Arthea

How does one join the SteamGAF MGS crew and is it only for Steam achievements or any platform?

no, you can link all your accounts that MGS allows, even better this way.

quote for pass

I hope I remember it correctly, it has been a while! if not, somebody will inform me, hopefully.

Use the button on the crew's page, enter the passphrase that is revealed when you quote this post.

It's for Steam, PSN, Xbox and Newgrounds.

wow, forgetting Bliz as I see?
It supports LoL, SC2, WoW, you name it, even FF14
also Kongregate and Retro achievements

Nzyme32

Steam Dev Days info I've been informed of - - seems the main Keynote is split as follows, with the most interesting talk with Tim Sweeney

• Welcome Address - Gabe Newell
  • Steam Business Update - DJ Powers - Discussion of how Steam has improved / grown
  • Philosophy of VR - Joe Ludwig - Disscussion on the reasoning for the focus on high end systems for VR
  • The Future of VR and PC Games - Tim Sweeney - Tim will talk about leading-edge directions in VR including digital humans, social interaction, user-created content, photorealistic graphics, and breaking down the barriers between genres -- and how these trends are contributing towards a new medium resembling the Metaverse from science fiction.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any impressions of thgis Earthlock? Looks great, I need somthing to play now that WoW is getting into the "do the daily stuff and then log off" phase

Corpekata

Banned
any impressions of thgis Earthlock? Looks great, I need somthing to play now that WoW is getting into the "do the daily stuff and then log off" phase

It was free on Xbox this month so probably a decent amount of Xbox owners impressions of it. Seemed like most of the impressions I read were of the solid but not particularly noteworthy variety.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was free on Xbox this month so probably a decent amount of Xbox owners impressions of it.

actually meant like reviews or videos, something. Oh well, Didnt know i was on console, but then again Ive never heard of it :(

Knurek

The Future of VR and PC Games - Tim Sweeney - Tim will talk about leading-edge directions in VR including digital humans, social interaction, user-created content, photorealistic graphics, and breaking down the barriers between genres -- and how these trends are contributing towards a new medium resembling the Metaverse from science fiction.

Obviously the future of PC Games is UWP.
No other executable format is secure enough not to allow keyloggers or rootkits.

derFeef

The Future of VR and PC Games - Tim Sweeney - Tim will talk about leading-edge directions in VR including digital humans, social interaction, user-created content, photorealistic graphics, and breaking down the barriers between genres -- and how these trends are contributing towards a new medium resembling the Metaverse from science fiction.

This reads like a description where he can talk just about anything he wants, haha.

Tizoc

Latest Famitsu issue reveals the Ultimate Talents of Danganronpa V3's cast

From Left to Right going in an up, down zig zaggy way
Ultimate Folklorist
Ultimate Art Club
Ultimate Maid
Ultimate Supreme Ruler
Ultimate Cosplayer
Ultimate Robot
Ultimate Aikido
Ultimate Pianist
Ultimate Astronaut
Ultimate Childcare Worker
Ultimate Detective
Ultimate Tennis Player
Ultimate ???
Ultimate Magician
Ultimate Bug Expert
Ultimate Inventor

Latest Famitsu issue reveals the Ultimate Talents of Danganronpa V3's cast

From Left to Right going in an up, down zig zaggy way
Ultimate Folklorist
Ultimate Art Club
Ultimate Maid
Ultimate Supreme Ruler
Ultimate Cosplayer
Ultimate Robot
Ultimate Aikido
Ultimate Pianist
Ultimate Astronaut
Ultimate Childcare Worker
Ultimate Detective
Ultimate Tennis Player
Ultimate ???
Ultimate Magician
Ultimate Bug Expert
Ultimate Inventor

While we're talking about Danganronpa

CtU0CI5VMAABRjD.jpg

Monooboe

Steam Dev Days info I've been informed of - - seems the main Keynote is split as follows, with the most interesting talk with Tim Sweeney

• Steam Business Update - DJ Powers - Discussion of how Steam has improved / grown
  • Philosophy of VR - Joe Ludwig - Disscussion on the reasoning for the focus on high end systems for VR
  • The Future of VR and PC Games - Tim Sweeney - Tim will talk about leading-edge directions in VR including digital humans, social interaction, user-created content, photorealistic graphics, and breaking down the barriers between genres -- and how these trends are contributing towards a new medium resembling the Metaverse from science fiction.

Will there be any livestream of any of them?

Nzyme32

Obviously the future of PC Games is UWP.
No other executable format is secure enough not to allow keyloggers or rootkits.

Finally, an apology from Tim Sweeney; the UWP event of the year - a sandboxed open-world AAA adventure

This reads like a description where he can talk just about anything he wants, haha.

Ha my thoughts too. I think they gave him 45mins to riff on, but it wouldn't surprise me if Valve/Epic have been messing with some stuff and explain there directions for the future.

Will there be any livestream of any of them?

No livestream, but the Steamworks Developer Youtube channel should get the videos uploaded "soon after", although last time that was like 2 months later. There are a lot more talks listed and quite a few would be interesting.

ii97uCj.png

Highlights other than the Keynote which looks to be very interesting imo would be:
- "Steam Controller" - any news that might be there
- "Vulkan Graphics Panel" - talk which will go into the future of the API,
- "Video Content on Steam" - a feature roadmap will be disclosed, but it seems there will be some updates relatively soon anyway to keep an eye on.

derFeef

Yay, my Quantum Break special edition has been sent out! Reeaaally curious how the game runs compared to the UWP version.

re "Video content on Steam"
It would actually be neat to directly have gameplay videos of users in Steam.

Durante

Yeah, that one sounds interesting. Also the Vulkan stuff.

Wok

There is a Portal-like game which is released today: Measurement Problem.

I think it should be called Pricing Problem instead: the game costs 16 euros, and there is no website, no background regarding the development studio... just no info on the store page.

After some search on Google, there are gameplay videos on Youtube, but this is it. Literally no info, even the Greenlight page was deleted.

legacyzero

Banned
I reviewed Clustertruck

I had such a great time with it! Here's my conclusion-

Clustertruck is a scrappy little title that goes without pretentious modern gaming junk with exception of it’s out-of-place progression system. It’s unapologetic in its unrealistic execution and its over-the-top shenanigans that will have you laughing out loud at your own failures. It isn’t meant to be taken seriously, but rather to challenge your reaction and skill instead of your patience.

Grief.exe

There it is again, 'console exclusive' on the official retail packaging.

The historical precedent for a PC port has been 100% thusfar, so there is an optimistic outlook on this one.

CtXQ6ddWAAALyqm.jpg

yuraya

Console exclusive probably means its also coming to the NX (which is a handheld).

They can't say anything yet because NX hasn't been announced yet.

Nzyme32

There it is again, 'console exclusive' on the official retail packaging.

The historical precedent for a PC port has been 100% thusfar, so there is an optimistic outlook on this one.

CtXQ6ddWAAALyqm.jpg

Yeah, one day. Atlus PR guy is clear it won't be now when PS4 releases - which should be abundantly obvious anyway, but I do expect it eventually. I'd almost think it is more likely that a different Yakuza game would show up first rather than the prequel anyway.

Ludens

Banned
Am I the only one unable to complete Hitman Episode 5? I killed all the targets and I can't leave the level, on the map there's no icon.
EDIT: A reboot fixed the issue.

Anyway Colorado is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom