• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

The area that we just bought our house at is eligible for some of dat good internet. Crazy seeing 5GB being downloaded in 1:30 on STEAM. I literally could not get on GAF and make this post before Helldivers finished downloading.

Over here 700kilobytes a second is fast

Amzin

So I was pretty busy over the weekend, but bought some games and started playing a few of them:

Epistory: Typing Chronicles
Played the demo after seeing the game on sale and the demo sold me after like 2 minutes. Beautiful paperwork style graphics, nice voice-over narration, talents to level up, elements to choose from, and entire game (even the menu) can be controlled via typing which is neat. It doesn't seem to be a "teach you to type" so much as a "you HAVE to type well" game. I bought it and started playing it and got it in the monthly bundle the next day, but I would have been happy with it as a $9 purchase even so. If you're a wannabe rapper, you also get to literally spit fire with your words, so there's also that.

Hue
Limbo with colors and more puzzles. Again, nice voice-over narration via letters, atmosphere of the different areas so far is distinct and well done. Some of the puzzles have been head scratchers even early on but almost everything feels fair and not too hard. Only complaint I have is some of the rooms can be large or complicated and there's no midway checkpoints so if you screw up near the end you have to go through the motions again, even though you already know how.

Paint it Back
It's pretty much exactly what it looks like. I've never played Picross but I played something similar on my phone last year, I like this better because of the much larger screen. Also fun to play with my stylus on my 2-in-1 :p

I also picked up, but didn't play yet, Tahira and Seasons After Fall.

World of Tanks X Valkyria Chronicles.

Not enough CYKA BLYAT despite 95% of both games fandoms being Russians. 0/10.

So I shall compensate with this.

gziXeRY.jpg

data

I went three links deep on this and still have no idea what it's talking about.

uhm what

the neogaf thread about it literally tells you M2 will have its own line of ported games of which 2 games are announced already, dangus feveron and battle garegga.

chronomac

Had one of the 3 mystery GMG games
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FootLOL -- MB-4FE5D365F39D4A13 - Taken by dimmer. 2 entrants total.

t1473180813z1.png

Bigby

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SMASH PlusGRAB BETA -- MB-68F5BE28478A5483 - Taken by Ibuki

Grab your Beta key and join in the fun starting 9am PDT, Sept 9th through to 10pm PDT Sept 11th.

uhm what

the neogaf thread about it literally tells you M2 will have its own line of ported games of which 2 games are announced already, dangus feveron and battle garegga.
Yes, I get that it's about getting more games on Steam. I hadn't heard of Retro emulation masters M2, M2 Shot triggers, Dangun Feveron, Battle Garegga, or M2 STG. It's all a little obtuse is it not?

Pixieking

Banned
September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. From now until September the 30th, the developer of the free Windowed Borderless Gaming is donating all contributions sent to him to the "Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance" in honor of Peggy J. Hansen instead. (Donation Linky)

(Not used the software before, though I have it downloaded. Figured if anyone is reading this who does use it, might be good to donate now. :) )

Borderlands 2 and Pre-Seq for less than $5 (adaptive bundle for B1 owners)! Probably cheaper to just buy B2 GOTY for all the DLC and skip the Pre.

data

is this darkspore expansion pack not on steam?

also wtf @ the borderlands triple pack not including any dlc for borderlands 2.

No I mean, if I buy B2 vanilla for 1.72€, how much do I need to pay for the DLCs?

I might be mistaken, but I think my response does answer your question. The season pass for $10 plus whatever else isn't in that. I can't tell if there is further discount if you own B2 vanilla. The DLC setup for B2 is quite a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom