• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

NECROPOLIS got a decent sized update. It's now called Brutal Edition and features a new character, area, weapons, enemies/AI and more. It's also 20% off for the week ($23.99). It's good to see they're working on content and fixing game balance.

I noticed Sound Shift and Sentinel are both free on Steam. Sentinel is that music tower defense game, and Sound Shift is a music visualizer/arcade shooter. Both made by Matthew Brown (Hexcells).

The card glitch continues to show me it's mysterious ways. At one point cards kept dropping every single second. Then none. Closed idlemaster and 5 seconds later, three cards started dropping each second.
No complaints here as long as they drop quick.

Wok

The card glitch continues to show me it's mysterious ways. At one point cards kept dropping every single second. Then none. Closed idlemaster and 5 seconds later, three cards started dropping each second.
No complaints here as long as they drop quick.

Look at the games which drop cards. It is very rare to get more than 2 cards for the same game. There is cooldown between "obligatory drops", the rest is the usual tiny chance of card drop.

What people call a glitch is the way it is most likely intended to work. Some guy at Valve thought that at the current drop rate, lots of cards would never drop because people are too lazy to idle for ages, and some people would have to wait ages to get their card drops (if the drop chance is say Gaussian).

gUfjEc4.png
https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

venomenon

don't buy duke nukem forever

it's bad

this is coming from someone who likes bad games
Yeah, don't!
Let me do it for you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-B0A4463E012B886A - Taken by Wok

(I do NOT guarantee to 100% that the key works, a friend of mine might've used it although he claims otherwise)

That's pretty cool.

I'm a fan of the Gamemaker bundles. I figure, even if 99% of people buying it are only doing so on an aspirational basis, 1% that gets involved with it is still a net positive for the gaming community.

In all other aspects of my life, I'm a pessimist, but not here.

Stall19

I feel like there is some way to game the system with these Steam Borderlands deals. I wonder if buying the Borderlands GOFY + Borderlands 2 for 9.99 and then buying Borderlands the Presequel would be cheaper than buying the triple pack.

DrAg0nBoY

I really don't like doing this, but I actually don't know what to do and I don't want to open a thread just for this.

I am having quite some problems at the moment and I guess I am also a bit depressed (if someone can be a bit depressed that is) and I need something to occupy my mind for the time being.

So I was thinking to play a game. The problem is, I can't get myself to play any game I own. I wanted to play Guild Wars 2 and complete a map with my Revenant, but I can't even start the damn game.

So SteamGAF a question, which of the two games would you recommend me, so that I don't have to think about the stuff that is currently killing me: Pillars of Eternity or Shadowrun: Dragonfall? I want a game that I can play only with a mouse, so that's why I am thinking about one of those games.

Thanks for the advice.

Monooboe

Oh so it wasn't a steam key for Gamemaker. Figured "Redeem on Steam or YoYo Games" meant it was.

So SteamGAF a question, which of the two games would you recommend me, so that I don't have to think about the stuff that is currently killing me: Pillars of Eternity or Shadowrun: Dragonfall? I want a game that I can play only with a mouse, so that's why I am thinking about one of those games.

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry to hear about your troubles and yeah disappearing into an RPG is a great escape since I've been in similar situation many times. In this case I would recommend Pillars of Eternity since it feels more fleshed out and much more of a world. They are both great though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-8BDA8B694FDD101C - Taken by ussjtrunks

data

I really don't like doing this, but I actually don't know what to do and I don't want to open a thread just for this.

I am having quite some problems at the moment and I guess I am also a bit depressed (if someone can be a bit depressed that is) and I need something to occupy my mind for the time being.

So I was thinking to play a game. The problem is, I can't get myself to play any game I own. I wanted to play Guild Wars 2 and complete a map with my Revenant, but I can't even start the damn game.

Thanks for the advice.
I don't think I ever used my keyboard for Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Haven't played Pillars of Eternity.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Solstice is probably pretty good (devs of Cinders, which was a good visual novel with no anime tits because it's made by well-adjusted adults). Cook Serve Delicious source code could be cool.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
Game Maker Studio Pro -- MB-A8DE3DDE03686B92 - Taken by DrAg0nBoY

Popstar

This is the 2nd Gamemaker bundle right? I got the first one, what additional software does this one offer?
First one came with Pro and the Android export module. This one has HTML5, iOS and UWP export modules in addition to Pro and Android. The games & source code included are also different from the first.

NECROPOLIS got a decent sized update. It's now called Brutal Edition and features a new character, area, weapons, enemies/AI and more. It's also 20% off for the week ($23.99). It's good to see they're working on content and fixing game balance.

I noticed Sound Shift and Sentinel are both free on Steam. Sentinel is that music tower defense game, and Sound Shift is a music visualizer/arcade shooter. Both made by Matthew Brown (Hexcells).
Wow! I almost bought those yesterday! I got Hexcells Complete instead. And Hook.

madjoki

Damn that's expensive.

It's in $1 humble bundle.

also:

Getting GameMaker: Studio Professional (and the Modules) from this Bundle allows you to get a Steam Key. After 14 days from activating your licence in the system please go to your YoYo Account and enter your email address on the in the licence recovery field at the bottom of the licences tab. You should receive a list of your licence keys. More information can be found here).

Which means you can get steam keys too.

Tizoc

First one came with Pro and the Android export module. This one has HTML5, iOS and UWP export modules in addition to Pro and Android. The games & source code included are also different from the first.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll get this bundle.

Monooboe

It's in $1 humble bundle.

also:

Getting GameMaker: Studio Professional (and the Modules) from this Bundle allows you to get a Steam Key. After 14 days from activating your licence in the system please go to your YoYo Account and enter your email address on the in the licence recovery field at the bottom of the licences tab. You should receive a list of your licence keys. More information can be found here).

Which means you can get steam keys too.

Where did you find that? I used the recovery field since I had an old account with a standard edition and it just gave me the license key to the standard version, it was just a YoYo license.

Amzin

How does Gamemaker work as far as multi-platform support? I see there's different modules and whatnot, but can you make one game for multiple platforms simultaneously? I was starting to dig into learning Java specifically to make a game because of the possibility of making porting easier.

haendeul

Thanks for the advice.

Both games should be fine with mouse only. PoE has more going on at the same time by being real-time-with-pause, but as long as you use pause liberally you'll be fine. When I play it my keyboard might as well only be the spacebar since I pause so much. Just make sure you rebind pause to one of your mouse buttons.

I would personally recommend Pillars of Eternity since it's a more mechanically interesting game in my opinion. I don't care much for the story, but the infinity engine style gameplay makes up for that to me. SR: Dragonfall I think has a better told story, but I care less for the gameplay style.

MUnited83

For you.
Way to kill the resale value of my South American only copies of HTML5 for Gamemaker :(

Kinda tempted to get the IOS module.. I hope i find someone selling a spare of it for cheap.

Blu(e)

How does Gamemaker work as far as multi-platform support? I see there's different modules and whatnot, but can you make one game for multiple platforms simultaneously? I was starting to dig into learning Java specifically to make a game because of the possibility of making porting easier.

Try asking here. Lot of indie developers there and some of them use GameMaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom