• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Say what you want about Echoes of Aetheria (crap story, RPG Maker, weird difficulty scaling, not as cohesive as Skyborn was), but the dungeon design is top notch.

Not only 'good for a RPG Maker game'. Atlus good.
Highly recommended if you need a dungeons crawling fix.

-Deimos

games i've been playing

Bioshock Infinite, I restarted cuz I don't remember shit

Lords of shadow 2, it does have really interesting art direction, and the animations are cool

Lost Planet 3

and replaying the Witcher 3

What's wrong with Geralt's face?

Sober

On one hand, I could get Pre-sequel for 3 bucks.

On the other hand, I didn't really enjoy BL2 much, maybe cause I played it solo and all.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Heaven Island Bollocks -- MB-251075813A3A922F - Taken by MaxiLive

DrAg0nBoY

Ok I will try Pillars of Eternity.

Just one more question. I will probably play it on my laptop and desktop. Does the save file sync without problems or should I copy/paste them, everytime I will play the game on a different computer?

Thanks for the answer.

Just one more question. I will probably play it on my laptop and desktop. Does the save file sync without problems or should I copy/paste them, everytime I will play the game on a different computer?

Thanks for the answer.

If you check a games store page on steam you can see if it support steam cloud. If it does than you should have no issues syncing the save files across multiple devices.

Pillars does support steam cloud so you should be good.

haendeul

Thanks for the answer.

It syncs with steam cloud.

And to kind of add to that: I played most of the game on my laptop using the touch pad and keyboard. It's kind of the opposite of what you want to do, but I'm just saying these kind of games can be played in various ways without much trouble.

chronomac

Play this game

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-2FE307C0F914FDEC - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.

t1473191120z1.png

Uzzy

Solstice is probably pretty good (devs of Cinders, which was a good visual novel with no anime tits because it's made by well-adjusted adults). Cook Serve Delicious source code could be cool.

Cinders was a great surprise, I really quite enjoyed it. And yes, no stupid anime bullshit was a bonus.

Kifimbo

Just bought Borderlands 2 + Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for $4.48 CDN. The Triple Pack bundle is 93% off in Canada, and I already had Borderlands: GOTY. Is is a price mistake ? Because by itself, The Pre-Sequel is $14.

chronomac

Never thought a game about cooking would stress you out like you're defusing a bomb or something. but this game manages it.

(Possibly) Unpopular Opinion Time: I have enjoyed the game more on my Nexus 7 than I did on Steam. I played the game to the 3-star level on my laptop (having the keyboard and screen so close helped) and started over on the tablet and have liked that more. The touch controls work surprisingly well. It's easier to jump in but can get just as stressful.

Phinor

Finally finished Mankind Divided. I've seen a lot of people say it's short but it took me 27 hours and I definitely missed some things. For comparison original Deus Ex is also at 27 hours in my Steam account while Human Revolution is at 19 hours + 5 hours for The Missing Link (also I remember Steam had some issues tracking gametime back then so maybe add few hours to that?). As always with stealth oriented games, I try to kill as few people as possible so maybe they improved the combat gameplay too much and that made the game shorter for some people? With my playstyle all the three Deus Ex games seem roughly the same length.

In any case, I was surprised to see I got the Pacifist achievement because I'm not opposed to killing enemies in stealth games, I just try to avoid it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
In any case, I was surprised to see I got the Pacifist achievement because I'm not opposed to killing enemies in stealth games, I just try to avoid it.

I was also surprised to see that I got it at the end, when you consider that I did a lot of moving bodies around to hide them and such, and apparently that can kill people if you drag them over/up/down stairs or ledges. Which I feel like I did more than a couple times.
And there are at least a couple spots where I was pretty sure I switched to a pistol early on cuz I was out of stun gun ammo. I guess I ended up reloading in those instances after dying shortly after or something.

Ozium

oh damn DNF is a daily? I should buy the DLCs

the doctor who clone me is single player right?

the other one is multiplayer?

I don't really know how to ask this without it being somewhat confusing so I'll just see if anyone can answer...

Is there any region that has NBA 2K17 Legend Edition Gold (the $100 one) cheaper and giftable? Gamesplanet would have been an option but they sell region locked copies for that game on their store so that's a no-go now. I want to get the game but would like to get it for less than the US price.

Ugh...Duke Nukem Forever. That piece of shit.

The Spy Who Cloned Me had some good ideas, and even a few jokes that actually hit.

Shame the expansion ends with a completely shitty vehicle section that pisses away any and all goodwill I might have had for it.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't really know how to ask this without it being somewhat confusing so I'll just see if anyone can answer...

Is there any region that has NBA 2K17 Legend Edition Gold (the $100 one) cheaper and giftable? Gamesplanet would have been an option but they sell region locked copies for that game on their store so that's a no-go now. I want to get the game but would like to get it for less than the US price.

$93.32 in the Canadian store.

Teggy

Hey, no one told me about Unbox. It's like a Rare platformer-collectathon. You'd think it would be kind of hard to roll around as a box (and it sort of is) but they built a lot of in-air control in and it is surprisingly easy to get around. I just played a little bit and am looking forward to see what kind of goofiness it offers.

I also finished Hue today, something I just bought because it looked interesting. The controls are pretty good with the occasional frustrating spot, but for a game that requires you to make frequent switches to solve puzzles it was rare that I was thinking about anything other than how to solve the puzzle. If you aren't aware of the game the main character can choose from a wheel of colors to dectivate a single color to advance through puzzles. You only start with a single color in a black and white world, and the game gets more complicated by both adding colors and mechanics like boxes, crushing skulls, lasers, etc. There's a story going on the whole time, but to be honest I didn't have much of an idea what they were trying to get across - it wasn't the highlight. Not a bad little 4-5 hour puzzler to pick up in a bundle down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom