• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someday Atlus' fabulous backlog will be on the PC.

Until then I'll just be sitting here waiting patiently.

jcrvzwR.jpg

derExperte

Got Doges2, it's now like a tradition getting them via price glitches

Why does every PS4 and PC thread turn into garbage?

Also I love how going exclusively to PlayStation is a fine idea but going exclusively to PC is unimaginable and the weirdest thing ever.

I'm surprised there's suddenly so much interest in TR PS4 when only a short while ago every thread devolved into heartfelt declarations of disinterest and waiting for the bargain bin.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Tropico 4 -- MB-97AD72AF9AC6D8AD - Taken by shockdude

Okay, do we have a name for this phenomenon?

Push payload just about the entire way. Stall like fuck. Whole team waits till just about Overtime. Suddenly, everyone actually plays the objective.

Usually ends in failure, but not necessarily.

College football calls it Clemonsing.

EDIT: Whoa, wrong thread. Am I old now?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I need some help from you guys!

It turns out our favorite administrator and modbot creator is a giant, smelly, nasty apathetic TURD, who failed miserably to read the splendid books recommended to him, over a period of no less than ~4 months, by his hard working and caring friend and fellow moderator (also a high browed and well seasoned book reader) robo.

To better enable Stump to get in touch with his new nature, I urge you all to send a short essay on the following optional topics via PM to stump.

1) Three fun facts about turds
2) A recent agreeable experience I've had on the bathroom involving turds

Much obliged!

Adnor

Banned
Should be considering its a seque; ;)

I mean, yeah obviously, but when they originally showed the game on their KS pitch it had the same engine and assets that the first game. Now it uses the same engine, but with a lot of more tricks and a much better asset quality. The quality jump is much bigger than I expected.

rtcn63

It turns out our favorite administrator and modbot creator is a giant, smelly, nasty apathetic TURD, who failed miserably to read the splendid books recommended to him, over a period of no less than ~4 months, by his hard working and caring friend and fellow moderator (also a high browed and well seasoned book reader) robo.

To better enable Stump to get in touch with his new nature, I urge you all to send a short essay on the following optional topics via PM to stump.

Much obliged!

Change his name to Turd Ferguson

Messiah

Push payload just about the entire way. Stall like fuck. Whole team waits till just about Overtime. Suddenly, everyone actually plays the objective.

Just pretend you were talking about TF2 and you are good, haha.

MUnited83

For you.
Battlefield 4 DLCs are free on Origin right now. I believe you can aqquire them even without having the base game.

Hilariously enough, my Battlefield 4 trial tells me up I have up to 168 hours of trial left for it LMAO.

kagamin

Sounds like some TF2. :p

Knurek

It turns out our favorite administrator and modbot creator is a giant, smelly, nasty apathetic TURD, who failed miserably to read the splendid books recommended to him, over a period of no less than ~4 months,

I was with you up till that.
4 months? Come on, son.
That's how long it takes to read one
Stephenson
novel.
Give Sturdp a break!

Much obliged!

desktop-1406692612.png

Eila

Battlefield 4 DLCs are free on Origin right now. I believe you can aqquire them even without having the base game.

Hilariously enough, my Battlefield 4 trial tells me up I have up to 168 hours of trial left for it LMAO.

Looks like it's an intended weeklong trial. Kingdoms of Amalur also had a 48 hour trial and 10 hours for Unravel that can be enough to beat the games. Good guy EA.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well, Nvidia's control panel app has crashed trying to update

ffs

EDIT: Oh, it's broken the whole program

yuraya

Not sure how I feel about this new Origin client. Looks like an extra blandish version of the Galaxy client. They need to add an extra small tile category. I guess it'll take some time getting used to.

Also played a little bit of The Crew. Has a lot of Ubisoft in it but still a fun game game all around seems to be very ambitious too. Some of the racing bits gave me some nostalgic vibes for the old Midnight Club games. That is never a bad thing. I def will come back to it to play some more.

Out curiosity, does anyone know how much work is involved in adding VAC support to a game? A quick search suggests that there are only about 100 VAC enabled titles, which is much less than I would have expected considering the amount of games on Steam with competitive multiplayer, games where VAC support would seem to be an obvious choice.

r3n4ud

Man Bat
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Knight -- MB-57E1064F89BB6076 - Taken by ramoisdead. 11 entrants total.

t1473894294z1.png

I do not recommend The Uncertain demo that came with Humble Monthly last month. It's a half an hour long at most, very slow, and cuts off right before anything vaguely interesting is revealed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I do not recommend The Uncertain demo that came with Humble Monthly last month. It's a half an hour long at most, very slow, and cuts off right before anything vaguely interesting is revealed.

It's such a shame - the game looks cool and like something I would enjoy, but it's demo inclusion in the Humble monthly is such a debacle. I feel like Humble monthly buyers should have either got the full version or it shouldn't have been included at all. Demos like this should be free anyway, not something to bump up the game count of an otherwise pretty terrible bundle.

I completed the last two rare animal hunts I needed and deleted Far Cry 3. Happy to be done with that after such a sour ending.

A buddy and I had a rare gaming night and played Amish Isolation and The Forest. Those games have such stellar presentation. I think I'll keep in with AI, and then do something a little lighter.

Anno

So Divinity: Original Sin 2 is really good! Here's an EA key that you can play right away before it goes on sale sometime tomorrow for who knows what price. I only ask that you be interested in effectively alpha/beta testing the game; if not, please don't enter. On your honor, SteamGAF.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 -- MB-931299AC0E87E334 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 40 entrants total.

t1473907401z1.png

I completed the last two rare animal hunts I needed and deleted Far Cry 3. Happy to be done with that after such a sour ending.

A buddy and I had a rare gaming night and played Amish Isolation and The Forest. Those games have such stellar presentation. I think I'll keep in with AI, and then do something a little lighter.

amish isolation?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Phantasmagoria -- MB-1475DA5AD31249E7 - Taken by Mikurden
Town Of Salem -- MB-6D6B1BFE4F5F9416 - Taken by Costa1774
Risen -- MB-E1A6965F4FBF0A0F - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Psychonauts -- MB-4BF3B1AD90D539F8 - Taken by HowardRoark
GRAV -- MB-D6EFAEA9DD61DD58 - Taken by fspm
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-5CEF1CABCB933F1B - Taken by TheMadMan007
Rust -- MB-FCF7E84DB11B9770 - Taken by yoshizzle
Phantasmagoria 2 -- MB-BC32FB12B712393D - Taken by Vazra
Saints Row 2 -- MB-17A54498FE7AE188 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-7319190B98A89DB6 - Taken by shockdude

So Divinity: Original Sin 2 is really good! Here's an EA key that you can play right away before it goes on sale sometime tomorrow for who knows what price. I only ask that you be interested in effectively alpha/beta testing the game; if not, please don't enter. On your honor, SteamGAF.

Heavybreathingcat.gif

kevin1025

Banned

Insanity, I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom