• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

ooooh nice giveaway. I already planned on buying it tomorrow so good luck to the others!

first game was great and impressions on the early access already seem to be good.

also I've never played a gears game before but I kinda really want to buy 4 on PC...

Ozium

eating cheetos chicken fries from burger king..

taste like normal chicken fries w/ a hint of cheetos dust :/

not as good as those mac n cheetos bites

Hmmmm.

GOG has 25% off Everspace, but when I log in it claims full price is $39.59 and after the discount it's $29.95. On Steam it's full price at $32.99.

That's a bit scummy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Cool, I can't login because Steam refuses to send me a code on my phone.

Good thing I was still logged in via the app. Got a code through that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Chyea boy Lashman was posting about BoxMaker on Twitter earlier.

Anyone tried it and got any impressions? Its a Super Mario Maker derivative, and if its actually decent I might fork $4 over for it.

Nabs

Hmmmm.

GOG has 25% off Everspace, but when I log in it claims full price is $39.59 and after the discount it's $29.95. On Steam it's full price at $32.99.

That's a bit scummy.

Weird. I wonder if $39.99 is going to be the final price when it's out of Early Access.

So, is it safe to assume that The Crew is basically poor man's Forza Horizon games?

I rarely play racing games but I'm enjoying it a lot. I love this kind of open world, free roam racing games, but not the sim-racing ones like Forza Apex. I guess I'll definitely love Forza Horizon 3. But damn, isn't it expensive here.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's such a shame - the game looks cool and like something I would enjoy, but it's demo inclusion in the Humble monthly is such a debacle. I feel like Humble monthly buyers should have either got the full version or it shouldn't have been included at all. Demos like this should be free anyway, not something to bump up the game count of an otherwise pretty terrible bundle.

Agreed. It doesn't feel like a quality inclusion for multiple reasons. I didn't actually know the game was a Point and Click Adventure game either so that's a bullet dodged I suppose. It does look nice, but the opening voiceovers and quality of writing were subpar. Little things like the past/present tense getting mixed up, lots of telling and no showing, filler sentences with no purpose, etc.

Also the original build they uploaded for the demo was really buggy, I was getting a bad frame rate and my mouse didn't work. I had to redownload the demo.

It's a really bad situation and I have a feeling it will have the opposite effect of what was intended.

rtcn63

It arguably wasn't worth the .01 I payed. I wanted to like it, but it was the worst parts of Ubisoft design without any of the positives.

AHA-Lambda

It arguably wasn't worth the .01 I payed. I wanted to like it, but it was the worst parts of Ubisoft design without any of the positives.

This.

It had its hooks in me at first (surprising as many Ubi open world games of late haven't!) but about half way through the campaign the veneer comes off real quick and you see just how shallow and repetitive it all is.

I struggled to finish it let alone invest any time in the endgame

you had me pretty stoked until the end there
lol same.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-59575FEA02FCB5CF - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-792DFE5D766B2934 - Taken by Costa1774. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-94A15A7D3E726C64 - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.
Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-C7827574469A6429 - Taken by kagamin. 12 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-C57FC440C0E8FB8B - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Game of Thrones -- MB-23BE621B9B3AB8B8 - Taken by HowardRoark. 5 entrants total.
Never Alone Plus Foxtales DLC -- MB-94C30B54716F68BA - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-4FBD72F4DAAF6B90 - Taken by laserlaser. 16 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-C24BB9800157B24C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-034A6BF4DD7D990D - Taken by gabbo. 2 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-9A84F181D8906125 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-0ED65438AA4C018D - Taken by UnaiGamer. 2 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-A80A5DCD205D2867 - Taken by dimmer. 1 entrants total.
Tropico 4 -- MB-039815C3545A6FD8 - Taken by Sr Kitsune. 1 entrants total.

t1473913720z1.png
Enjoy!

Dr.Acula

Banned
There was a 0.01 USD sale during the launch month, too bad you missed it. :p

I was being sarcastic, I actually DID get a 0.01 key! Pretty shocked too, I usually miss these things, plus I'm in Canada so they usually don't work out for me.

I really loved The Division until I hit the level cap. I kept playing for a bit, but ultimately lost interest. But I'm not a big MMO guy anyway, I got more than my cent's worth ;)

rtcn63

This.

It had its hooks in me at first (surprising as many Ubi open world games of late haven't!) but about half way through the campaign the veneer comes off real quick and you see just how shallow and repetitive it all is.

I gave up shortly after a mission that requires you to look for something in a mall. Like you check all these things, and of course as these missions go, the item you're looking for won't be found until you search the last thing at the very end of the area. Beat it and just thought to myself, "This isn't fun."

It was just... bleh overall, and I normally love loot-based games. Didn't help that normal difficulty was too easy solo but hard was kite these fuckers and hope for the best.

So Divinity: Original Sin 2 is really good! Here's an EA key that you can play right away before it goes on sale sometime tomorrow for who knows what price. I only ask that you be interested in effectively alpha/beta testing the game; if not, please don't enter. On your honor, SteamGAF.
For EA? You do know the key would be the final game right? Backer won't get a second key unless you backed a two-pack.
I need some help from you guys!

It turns out our favorite administrator and modbot creator is a giant, smelly, nasty apathetic TURD, who failed miserably to read the splendid books recommended to him, over a period of no less than ~4 months, by his hard working and caring friend and fellow moderator (also a high browed and well seasoned book reader) robo.

To better enable Stump to get in touch with his new nature, I urge you all to send a short essay on the following optional topics via PM to stump.

1) Three fun facts about turds
2) A recent agreeable experience I've had on the bathroom involving turds

Much obliged!
Wow mod sanctioned bullying.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I gave up after a mission that requires you to look for something in a mall. Like you check all these things, and of course as these missions go, the item you're looking for won't be found until you search the last thing at the very end of the area.

It was just... bleh. Didn't help that normal difficulty was too easy solo but hard was kite these fuckers and hope for the best.

Solo? The Division has a really good drop-in system, you should use it. I love these co-op PvM horde games. Dying Light was amazing in co-op as well.

rtcn63

Solo? The Division has a really good drop-in system, you should use it. I love these co-op PvM horde games. Dying Light was amazing in co-op as well.

The core game just didn't do it for me. A level 1 gun played practically the same as a level 10 one barring DPS, where as something like Borderlands you have this huge variety in gear, weapon feel, and damage types. It was a loot game where looting didn't add anything.

kagamin

I was being sarcastic, I actually DID get a 0.01 key! Pretty shocked too, I usually miss these things, plus I'm in Canada so they usually don't work out for me.

I really loved The Division until I hit the level cap. I kept playing for a bit, but ultimately lost interest. But I'm not a big MMO guy anyway, I got more than my cent's worth ;)

I was being sarcastic as well hehe. I played it for around 100 hours before I kinda got bored, I enjoyed it well enough and just uninstalled it, probably won't play it again unless I can get the DLC for cheap as well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 -- MB-931299AC0E87E334 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 40 entrants total.

t1473907401z1.png

Werd

i hope whoever gets Dark Forces 2 enjoys the shit out of it.

it's the game that made me a gamer

I tried to play it last year but couldn't get the thing to run. A lot of the old Star Wars releases didn't seem to have much care taken into their release.

Jawmuncher

Did Dusk golem post in here? He was saying that the RE steam page was getting update a lot recently. Seems like the preorders and demo might go up on Tuesday .

This.

I got the flu as I started playing it, then slept for 3 days straight and had the worst time of my life. Now even thinking about the game makes me feel ill.

People are throwing negative reviews on PES 2017 generally due to the outdated graphics. Isn't it already known that it's going to be the case? Why did people buy it in the first place?

Also, apparently there's a demo. I might try both PES and FIFA demo later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom