• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I can make use of the new subscribers coupon for the monthly and with the somewhat stronger euro, this means I can subscribe for less than 9 €. If the next highlight is good, I'll probably do it.

Kaleinc

Banned
Life is Strange: Before the Storm will use Denuvo.

kgCHUW1.png

Also, though this has already had a Steam page for a bit, it was featured in the Nindies spotlight and looks pretty promising

Nice! Never knew about this one before, but it's definitely caught my attention now. Thanks for sharing! I really like the art design in that one...combat looks pretty smooth, too. Hoping to learn more about it now...

Some unused keys from recent Humble Bundles. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Shoklot Caek:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Divide By Sheep -- MB-F7F9BC1CB0196FA7 - Taken by Vuze. 8 entrants total.
Human: Fall Flat -- MB-13FA2C85D50BCE98 - Taken by eyeless. 16 entrants total.
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-A76203F54A869D34 - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-9654FAAED5E02A0C - Taken by abelasabel. 2 entrants total.
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-3E74965167942579 - Taken by Smeagol. 17 entrants total.
Umbrella Corps Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack -- MB-71D296543585043F - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Umbrella Corps/Biohazard Umbrella Corps -- MB-FFA4C6F469E31A29 - Taken by Shalashaska. 7 entrants total.
Verdun -- MB-FA3B0B9EA2E2AA6E - Taken by rainking187. 15 entrants total.

t1504128146z1.png

prudislav

Seems like quite a huge number of the Nindies showcased tonight are already confirmed for PC/Steam release ... some timed (Steam World Dig 2 or Morphies Law) and some even already have steampages
.... too bad i am busy tonight to do complete crosscheck :-(

Teppic

I made the mistake of ordering Ys Seven from Humble. I didn't notice that I had to choose between Steam and DRM-free. First time I've seen that outside of bundles. Made a refund so I can get it on GOG with DRM-free and auto updates through the client.

Monooboe

I never really cared about Denuvo, since I never really had problems with it before and I've always had good interent connections but later this year I will be pretty much nomad and living from one wifi connection to the next I have started to worry about DRM a bit.

Ted

Does anyone want a copy of Stonerid?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315920/Stonerid/

Platformers aren't really my thing, particularly not super hard ones but I have a 90% off voucher so am happy to pay the 10% and gift it rather than trade a freakin' voucher!

Just need to add you to my Steam friends list to gift it. Post in here so I know then pm Steam username if you don't want to share it publicly. First come first served if anyone does actually want it.

PS - I haven't used Steam much before, but I assume I can gift to anyone despite being in EU.

Have a great day all.

FLD

Gah, what do I play?! Ys Seven is out but I still have a little bit to go in Cold Steel. Can't believe I didn't manage to finish it in time lol. That's what I get for starting to marathon Twin Peaks at the last minute...

Monooboe

This is how I picture your life.

Haha might be, I will move to another country in two months and as of now I don't have any money, a place to live or any job there.:D

Edit: and yes Sami are in Finland/Sweden and around those northern parts.

Lain

I open my email and see a cyberlink bundle, I get excited and click on the humble link and then there is no powerdvd in the bundle. WORTHLESS!

Wok

Haha might be, I will move to another country in two months and as of now I don't have any money, a place to live or any job there.:D

Edit: and yes Sami are in Finland/Sweden and around those northern parts.

Which country are you moving to? Still in Europe?

I open my email and see a cyberlink bundle, I get excited and click on the humble link and then there is no powerdvd in the bundle. WORTHLESS!

Monooboe

Which country are you moving to? Still in Europe?

Ah yes still in Europe, I've been trying to figure out how to get to Paris awhile now, tried to set my things in order, but being stuck in a small Finnish town just became too much, so I just have to take the plunge, feel like it would be worse to be stuck here any longer.

Haha! Makeup Director.:D

Kudo

Ys SEVEN is bit too expensive for old port, but definitely grabbing it at some point hopefully before 8.

Lain

Ys SEVEN is bit too expensive for old port, but definitely grabbing it at some point hopefully before 8.

24,99€ before any discount feels pricey, but 15,07€ after discounts (and wallets) feel like a good pricepoint to start at. All praise humble.

Cels

i'm playing RAGE and surprisingly it's not too bad although the mouse acts really odd at high dpi, which requires to lower my dpi every time i start the game

textures are shit which is what i expected after playing wolfenstein TNO, but everything else holds up fine.

i even bought the scorchers dlc cause it was $1.50 but i'm still playing through the main story

Does anyone want a copy of Stonerid?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315920/Stonerid/

Platformers aren't really my thing, particularly not super hard ones but I have a 90% off voucher so am happy to pay the 10% and gift it rather than trade a freakin' voucher!

Just need to add you to my Steam friends list to gift it. Post in here so I know then pm Steam username if you don't want to share it publicly. First come first served if anyone does actually want it.

PS - I haven't used Steam much before, but I assume I can gift to anyone despite being in EU.

Have a great day all.

If you still have it, I would love to get it!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/orakio/

If it's gone, feel free to add me anyway, I need more Steam friends :)

Hektor

Just had an supply extraction mission against
  • Standard troops
  • A never ending swarm of the lost due to a black Advent modifier
  • AND a chosen one (The Warlock) who spammed exploding ghosts every turn

6mGXW_s-200x150.gif

And i'm barely 4 hours into the expansion campaign

Unai

Disappointing. Is this whole part about the game able to be played offline a lie? Because I was under the assumption Denuvo games always require to be online.

As I understand it, if you change anything in your PC, like your GPU or even update some drivers, denuvo will phone home again, but it's not really always online. Sonic Mania was in a whole nother level that do not represents entirely the average denuvo game.

so i guess nobody will play life is strange bts now right?

I had never planned to do that anyway. I bought Life is Strange after all of the episodes were released, on a heavy discount, without getting spoiled at all whatsoever. Will do the same for this. And now with the Denuvo fiasco, I guess it'll reach good discount sooner than later.

Amzin

If they remove Denuvo from Sonic Mania, I'll pick it up, but not until then. I already sent feedback to SEGA about it and I know I'm not alone. DRM companies have a stake in convincing publishers that DRM helps them instead of hurt them, and in the end the legitimate consumers are the biggest losers. I want to play the game but much like with Shadow of War, I'd rather just not support them and find something else to play. There's literally dozens of A+ games floating around.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

simian.interface++ -- MB-ED61A95EFEF065EC - Taken by TetraxShards. 5 entrants total.

t1504124137z1.png

Monooboe

When publishers have to be sneaky and try hide that they have denovo, they know it won't go over well, so at somepoint they have to start not bothering with it right? Or maybe the next best DRM has come by then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom