• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not clear on the video, but you need Bluetooth connection to use this mouse ? Most desktops don't have that, so you need to buy an extra dongle to use this mouse ?

I believe they come with a dongle and USB cable like all the other Logitech wireless stuff, the Bluetooth connectivity is new and just another option for connecting it to your PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F578194%2F32d6ca85-25d3-48d9-afe1-aa111f5f218d.jpg

is bethesda really selling a joke horse armor mod on creation club

what the actual fuck lmao

i can't i just can't lol

ArjanN

Boourns. seems like the new No More Heroes game that's also an indie collaboration is an actual Nintendo exclusive unlike pretty much all the other indie stuff at the 'Nindie' showcase?.

The new Logitech G603 and G613 seem kinda unbelievable, the mouse has the same 1ms sensor as the G900 and can run for 500 hours on 2 AA, and the wireless mechanical keyboard has the 1ms response time and they say it can run for up to 18 MONTHS on 2 AA batteries... might have to upgrade again, once I went wireless with my mouse I can't go back and having a good wireless keyboard would be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9uSg8xLuo

I'm assuming these are the new "budget" G903, etc?

edit: yep, watched the video. Looks cool if you only need basic buttons (which my zowie currently has)
edit 2: actually that keyboard looks nice but idk if better than my G710+

I wish Humble would have a music maker bundle. Something with a synthesiser or Acid or even royalty free sample packs would be ace. Stagelight from a bundle way back was a huge highlight.

Endruen

I love to imagine someone looking at Hollow Knight and thinking:
"You know what this game needs? Saws. And Meat Boy."

I'm assuming these are the new "budget" G903, etc?

edit: yep, watched the video. Looks cool if you only need basic buttons (which my zowie currently has)
edit 2: actually that keyboard looks nice but idk if better than my G710+

It's more of a revision of the G403 (now the G703), same body style and button layout, just without the power mat wireless charging stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
i literally made this same comment a few days ago when i got to that part

a huge sour spot in what's otherwise a near flawless game

i'm still in disbelief that shit got somehow into that game

1080p res cap in Ys Seven is disappointing. I would say I'm spoiled after the excellent work by Durante and Sara on the Trails series but it should just be standard to support arbitrary resolutions by now.

DasFool

I know which section you're talking about, but it's not too bad. There are ways to make it less arduous by skipping portions using the double jump and downward slash. The platforming in Hollow Knight is excellent, though, so don't let that one area detract from your experience with the game.

It's a shame they couldn't at least suppress the saw noise a bit, since that zone has the best music in the game.

So I've seen people say that PUBG pays for itself? How exactly does this work? Like I assume it's to do with the item drops and then sold on the market, but how does the drop system work and how much work does it take?

I'm moderately interested in the game, but not if it's gonna take a ton of effort to make it worth it.

Nabs

Nice, hopefully There's a version with all the characters in it.

I hate the micro transaction bullshit with modern fighters, I feel bad for buying SFV on PS4.

Don't worry, you'll be able to get all of the characters in one package. I just hope I'm able to transfer over my Definitive Edition. I bought it before this announcement, and haven't been able to put in as much time as I'd like because of the lack of dinput support. Thankfully, that won't be an issue with the Steam version.

"The first of which is that KI is coming to Steam later this year and will include every character released – including the 3 not tied to any Seasons."

MRORANGE

Don't worry, you'll be able to get all of the characters in one package. I just hope I'm able to transfer over my Definitive Edition. I bought it before this announcement, and haven't been able to put in as much time as I'd like because of the lack of dinput support. Thankfully, that won't be an issue with the Steam version.

"The first of which is that KI is coming to Steam later this year and will include every character released – including the 3 not tied to any Seasons."

Nice.

All PC needs now is a port of SF2 and SF3 on Steam to make it the ultimate platform for fighting games.

MVC2 as well but I might as well ask for the moon.

I'm still playing Wolfenstein 3D and having a blast, I'm so glad I bought the Wolf Pack during the Bethesda sale. I had never played a Wolfenstein game, now I want to play all of them!

I'm grabbing some screenshots as I play and made this comparison between Wolf 3D (1992) and Wolfenstein The New Order (2014):

Me3mdwb.png

That's 22 years in technology for you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of fighting games, I was watching some random youtube videos of "crazy special moves in fighting games", and you know how theres a bunch of female anime fighting games on Steam?

Well apparently there are a ton more that arent even there, as I barely recognised any of the games in those videos.

Most werent even lewd or anything, such a strange sub genre of fighting games apparently.

Nice.

All PC needs now is a port of SF2 and SF3 on Steam to make it the ultimate platform for fighting games.

Which ones? Weren't there a dozen versions of each? I remember they had SF2 Championship Edition (Ken vs. Ken! Play as M. Bison!) and Hyper Fighting, which to me seemed like a romhack with air throws and hadoukens at different speeds, then there was Super Street Fighter II which introduced Cammy and three people nobody cares about...there were for sure others. Didn't play much SF3.

Zeneric

Love playing games when stoned even tho i suck at em most of times. Very immersive. And the intense moments I get from games. Not that playing games not stoned are not enjoyable.

Eternia

The new Logitech G603 and G613 seem kinda unbelievable, the mouse has the same 1ms sensor as the G900 and can run for 500 hours on 2 AA, and the wireless mechanical keyboard has the 1ms response time and they say it can run for up to 18 MONTHS on 2 AA batteries... might have to upgrade again, once I went wireless with my mouse I can't go back and having a good wireless keyboard would be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9uSg8xLuo
Nifty, didn't think they would use AA batteries again. Too bad I just bought the wired G403 not too long ago, I would have gone wireless if it wasn't so expensive. I already kind of miss having a wireless mouse though. It looks like the G603 is launching at $70 USD which is a much more reasonable price this time around.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think my favorite thing about the new wolfenstein was (hopefully not a spoiler by now)
the dream sequence thing where u played old wolfenstein

the main game is alright, not my favorite by a long shot or anything, but that bit i kept replaying over and over cos idk why but i really liked it

MRORANGE

Which ones? Weren't there a dozen versions of each? I remember they had SF2 Championship Edition (Ken vs. Ken! Play as M. Bison!) and Hyper Fighting, which to me seemed like a romhack with air throws and hadoukens at different speeds, then there was Super Street Fighter II which introduced Cammy and three people nobody cares about...there were for sure others. Didn't play much SF3.

Hyper Street Fighter II
SF3: 3rd Strike

Simples.

dot

Nice.

mahvel 2 doesnt seem impossible considering 3 and the new one is on steam

i think its more likely to hit steam than say... dino crisis or another dead franchise that no one cares about

Sarcasm

Playing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced, what is better (lol) permanent water resistance buff or a ring that gives water resistance and 9HP?

Nice.

Given that GGPO and its various offshoots originated on PC and have had a community proliferate through that, I'd say PC is already the ultimate platform for fighting games
so long as people stop being dummerds and stop making console versions of modern releases the popular versions.
Consoles had to catch up to SF2/3 online play, PC's been at it for a long while.

You know you're playing a bad game when 8 hours feel like 20
That's not always true! I think it speaks to how much a game requires you to actively engage with it, which might also involve frustration, but a game's structure and pacing can play into how long they feel.

Bethesda games for example, very little engagement to actually play them, but they take a lot of time that passes by because you're generally on auto-pilot and doing the tasks usually requires some distance traveled or fiddling with things in the environment. Meanwhile playing through Mega Man Zero might actually take a grand total of a couple hours but will feel like so much more because it keeps me on my toes the entire time.

But there are games like Evil Glitch where one hour feels like 10 hours of your soul being sucked directly out of you.

MRORANGE

mahvel 2 doesnt seem impossible considering 3 and the new one is on steam

i think its more likely to hit steam than say... dino crisis or another dead franchise that no one cares about

Instead Gino the main problem is that it would detract sales from infinite. Mvc3 is understanble to bring hype before infinite but mvc2 is still a mainstayer.

Nabs

I could see the Iron Galaxy games hitting Steam at some point. Maybe when there's a lack of Capcom ports.

Zia

Man, I do not understand Destiny at all. Was excited to give it another shot with M+KB, but... eh. It feels like a really pretty Borderlands, and PvP is confusing... how many times do I have to shoot a person in the face before they start losing HP? Blech.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Infested Planet -- MB-C728CB6AEB3934B4 - Taken by septicore. 6 entrants total.
Infested Planet: Trickster's Arsenal -- MB-B594C9FE593D565E

t1504162352z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, I do not understand Destiny at all. Was excited to give it another shot with M+KB, but... eh. It feels like a really pretty Borderlands, and PvP is confusing... how many times do I have to shoot a person in the face before they start losing HP? Blech.

its very pretty tho

kagamin

Apparently the PVP is not the big attraction in Destiny, it's the PVE.

I didn't play a lot of PVP but from what I gathered it takes a Halo structure to the health, in that there are shields (the white portion) and health (red). Shoot anywhere to whittle their shields, then headshots count while their shields are down. Though it's a lot more basic than Halo. It's kind of like an Overwatch version of Halo where everything's simplified and there's nothing really to pay attention to on maps other than objectives and occasionally you get to press a button that does a lot of damage to make you feel good about yourself.

Anteater

feels like they gave you a terrible section to play with destiny 2, i imagine the full game has more free roaming instead of that corridor shit

game feels alright but yeah it's basically borderlands from what they let us play, but it controls well and looks pretty, also runs super good

i don't like that long mmo-ish long cooldown for all the abilities tho

Knurek

1080p res cap in Ys Seven is disappointing. I would say I'm spoiled after the excellent work by Durante and Sara on the Trails series but it should just be standard to support arbitrary resolutions by now.

That's just the launcher thingy, you can edit the resolution setting in the config file and it supposedly works up to 4K.

//EDIT: Ah, that seems to break the 3D though. Dev has stated they are looking into arbitrary resolution support anyways, should be a 15 second fix.

It's basically Borderlands but with gameplay that doesn't suck and interesting looking environments.

It's funny how great Destiny feels on PC compared to console, but Borderlands feels pretty much the exact same regardless of platform. They really need to fix the gunplay for Borderlands 3.

I played Destiny 2 beta on PS4 and PC. It's really not an exaggeration when people say PC version is a game changer. It feels like a completely different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom