• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

I'm going to enjoy the GOTY fisticuffs on GAF. It looked like it was going to be a head to head battle between Persona and Zelda, but I think its between Zelda and DOS2.

Meanwhile Yakuza 0 claims the GOTY with all the split voting.
You know that the one true GOTY can only be Trails in the Sky the 3rd.
But that is PC-exclusive, so the majority of GAF probably doesn't even know it exists...

Fake Edit: Top of the Page Advertisement time!

Uzzy

I'm going to enjoy the GOTY fisticuffs on GAF. It looked like it was going to be a head to head battle between Persona and Zelda, but I think its between Zelda and DOS2.

DOS2 has no chance of being GAF GOTY. It might be SteamGAF GOTY, but it'll be fortunate to get into the top ten for the GAF GOTY list.

sprinkles

the most important quest about OS2 is... can you play a pet class.
Summoner Incarnate with level 10 summoning is hilariously huge. Add a giant bone spider from Necromancy on a second character and you get nonstop complaints from your coop partners "your stupid pets are in my way I can't charge/ backstab".

Tizoc

You forgot about mario o

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Middle-earth: Shadow Of War bundled with GeForce® GTX 1080/Ti

Game code offer good beginning September 26, 2017 through October 16, 2017 or while supplies last.

I'm not sure if promotion could be still active during Black Friday sale providing that supplies last until then.

"Through October 16" means "up to and including October 16" (i.e. it's the last day), so the promotion will be over before Black Friday regardless of key supply.

Ascheroth

Well, anyway. Hopefully the fist Yomawari gets a nice discount when the sequel releases, or in the halloween sale. I plan on getting that and Nights of Azure as my primary sale purchases for the rest of the year.
New game-wise it'll boil down to Ys VIII, Zwei Zwei and Tokyo Xanadu, I guess.

sprinkles

But that is PC-exclusive, so the majority of GAF probably doesn't even know it exists...

Sky the 3rd really is the perfect epilogue to the trilogy. A great game (cannot be Steam GOTY with Nier Automata around though)

But I am playing the fan translation of Trails of Zero right now and I like it even more than the Sky games so far!

Ascheroth

Sky the 3rd really is the perfect epilogue to the trilogy. A great game (cannot be Steam GOTY with Nier Automata around though)

But I am playing the fan translation of Trails of Zero right now and I like it even more than the Sky games so far!
Well yeah, not enough have played that game for it to win a popularity contest :p

I'm waiting for the good fan-translations to be finished or until Xseed suddenly announces a release date tomorrow.
I do know that I'm not going to play CS3 before the Crossbell arc though. (Well, first I need to play 2 still).

Well, anyway. Hopefully the fist Yomawari gets a nice discount when the sequel releases, or in the halloween sale. I plan on getting that and Nights of Azure as my primary sale purchases for the rest of the year.
New game-wise it'll boil down to Ys VIII, Zwei Zwei and Tokyo Xanadu, I guess.

I hope there will be a Yomawari/Rose bundle again like they had it with their prequels.

And I hope Yomawari 2 will be longer than 1. 1 was around 4-5 hours for me with 100% completion.

sprinkles

Well yeah, not enough have played that game for it to win a popularity contest :p

I'm waiting for the good fan-translations to be finished or until Xseed suddenly announces a release date tomorrow.
I do know that I'm not going to play CS3 before the Crossbell arc though. (Well, first I need to play 2 still).
The available unedited translation of Zero can be rough, but the story is totally understandable. I fear for Ao though. I'll buy CS3 Day 1, but like you won't let it spoil me on the Crossbell games. Crossbell is a such a beautiful place!

Tomasety

Dishonored 2

I hope I'm not wrong this time, but I think that currently Dishonored 2 has the lowest price ever on Gamesplanet UK. £12.99 // ~$17.50 ~15€

With voucher of "forUNCUT steam group" is about £12.60

Jimrpg

DOS2 has no chance of being GAF GOTY. It might be SteamGAF GOTY, but it'll be fortunate to get into the top ten for the GAF GOTY list.

Seems to have sold a lot of copies. But I do agree PC Gaf is a little underrepresented.

You forgot about mario o

Think Zelda will get the GOTY over mario. Mario will have to hit it out of the park to have a chance.

Ah drats - I forgot about PUBG, that's a contender too.

Knurek

I was like you, but then I finished NieR:Automata. Provided Umineko releases this year, 3rd will have to make do with 3rd place.

Tizoc

Seems to have sold a lot of copies. But I do agree PC Gaf is a little underrepresented.

Think Zelda will get the GOTY over mario. Mario will have to hit it out of the park to have a chance.

Ah drats - I forgot about PUBG, that's a contender too.
But mario o already looks great
Great sense of trvaersal and some good looking puzzle and platforming challenges

Ascheroth

I was like you, but then I finished NieR:Automata. Provided Umineko releases this year, 3rd will have to make do with 3rd place.
Funny thing is, I was debating long and hard between 3rd and NieR, but overall 3rd just came out on top by a tiny little bit and ultimately you could use any of those 2 and I'd be fine with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sure Hob i a cool game, but plastering "from the makers of Torchlight I and II" just makes me think "I wish this was Torchlight III"

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hey fellow Assassin Creed fans, how did you like the AC Chronicles games?
I'm not what you'd call a "critical gamer". I prefer to focus on what I enjoy in a title and/or what works instead of what I dislike, but AC Chronicles India was a soulcrushing experience.

Avoid like the plague.

The only thing it got going for it is it's artstyle and even that get's bland after a while.
(Re)Play Mark Of The Ninja instead.

Parsnip

They are pretty mediocre at best and garbage at worst. The only good aspect to any of them is the art direction. I’d recommend skipping all 3.
I'm not what you'd call a "critical gamer". I prefer to focus on what I enjoy in a title and/or what works instead of what I dislike, but AC Chronicles India was a soulcrushing experience.

Avoid like the plague.

The only thing it got going for it is it's artstyle and even that get's bland after a while.
(Re)Play Mark Of The Ninja instead.

Damn.
I was hoping there was something there worth the current sale price, but I guess not!

Thanks!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Banner Saga 2 -- MB-B2039BEEFE0B3DDE - Taken by Lashley. 24 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-3D7AE66B9ADA45F9 - Taken by impliedsignificance. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-C28CD28650B6C600 - Taken by Dominican Power. 1 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-B325B62A13B62961 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
Hand of Fate -- MB-7A5F024B9B653261 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 5 entrants total.
Heat Signature -- MB-ABE6FCD9533CF616 - Taken by TetraxShards. 40 entrants total.
Hollow Knight -- MB-39716354FA5BF57E - Taken by laserlaser. 49 entrants total.
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-5E158CB833C5E50C - Taken by bloke. 8 entrants total.
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight -- MB-240E247B90BD11AD - Taken by Mixed2k. 22 entrants total.
Offworld Trading Company -- MB-C88D99A578F11BB3 - Taken by ctw0e. 4 entrants total.
Torchlight 2 -- MB-5F1FBBDE2373CB80 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 5 entrants total.

t1506553281z1.png

So, Assassin Creed sale. I kinda want to see how Unity would run on my new GPU, but it's still pricey and reviews doesn't look very promising. Is it at least good game? Or should i save money and wait to see how Origins would turn out?

soundtest

Banned
So, Assassin Creed sale. I kinda want to see how Unity would run on my new GPU, but it's still pricey and reviews doesn't look very promising. Is it at least good game? Or should i save money and wait to see how Origins would turn out?
It's a great looking game that is a bore to play after 4-5 hours. If you're okay with that then go for it, otherwise you're better off with the other game from the same year, Rogue.

Ive been playing Shadow Complex Remastered after finishing Hollow Knight, Ori, Headlander and Axiom Verge earlier this summer and it is surprisingly a really good metroidvania. I dont like the art style really and I get random FPS drops and I am not sure why but overall it is quite fun.

With patches, it's a serviceable AC game. i just finished playing it a few weeks ago. It looks beautiful and is an excellent GPU show piece. its only slightly better than the first AC game. Maybe better than Liberation. Everything else in the series is better than Unity.

dex3108

My ISP finally installed optic cable at my house. But they have two different teams for cable installation and making it work XD No i need to wait for them to bring me new modem and make everything work :D But soon i will have decent internet speed :D

Mivey

New Firefox Quantum is some good shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIywpvHewc0
Also fixed a session restore issue for me that was in introduced in some older version.
Sadly all non FF 57 compatible addons get deactivated by default now. You have to rely on devs to update those addons.
The only big thing missing right now for me is NoScript. However, the dev has been working on a webextensions version, and hopes to have it done by the full release of 57 (December, I think).
Still, seemed like a dumb move by Firefox to just throw out the old addon support. They could gone to a limited API that made some addons incompatible, but would allow a lot of addons to just continue unchanged. Maybe a generic shim that would allow some of them to run on web extensions, with possible performance loss.

As a side note, I know it's petty, but I always find it strange why people use "quantum leap" to signify a big change. In physics, it's literally something small and unobservable. Hell, that's literally in the name, a quantum is something really, really small. *sigh*

Aaron D.

I honestly don't think Persona 5 is going to make much of a splash come GOTY season. Feels like people bounced off of it, esp. when compared against P4. Still has lots of fans, but it just doesn't seem like it caught everyone's imagination like more popular GOTY candidates.

I expect console 'Gaf to gravitate between Zelda, Nier and Horizon.

More excited about Steam 'Gaf's thread where DOS2, WotC, etc. actually have a chance for recognition.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I’m afraid to ask this in the gaming side, so maybe someone here knows. Has anyone at Valve ever said why they’re moving to a new office (apparently finally happening this week)? Are they planning to grow bigger, or did they already outgrow the old place? Or was their lease up or something?

yuraya

I’m afraid to ask this in the gaming side, so maybe someone here knows. Has anyone at Valve ever said why they’re moving to a new office (apparently finally happening this week)? Are they planning to grow bigger, or did they already outgrow the old place? Or was their lease up or something?

Gotta make room for the new Artifact team.

Still, seemed like a dumb move by Firefox to just throw out the old addon support. They could gone to a limited API that made some addons incompatible, but would allow a lot of addons to just continue unchanged. Maybe a generic shim that would allow some of them to run on web extensions, with possible performance loss.

They've been banging away at this drum for around two years now and I still don't understand it. Their market share of the browser space has fallen off a cliff in recent times and that means you have less developers creating less addons for the software. Past creators have moved on to other things. By disabling legacy addon support they are going to throw away so many useful extensions that will never get updated. Does Mozilla actually think they have the clout to get developers to do the extra work required to maintain compatibility?

If things keep going the way they are going then Firefox will enjoy all the security and obscurity that Opera has had for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom