• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

It is. Just not on Steam for some dumb fucking reason.
Kinda mad because I want more people to play with. But a $39.99 gate is gonna hurt that.
Was hoping for a flood of new players today.

That`s dumb, I was hoping to give it a try once it launched on Steam but I guess I won`t anymore

Yes. But you can also check when you click on it it will say in the description "this developer has been removed from store, this item cant be bought or sold"

Yep. and that obvious note was invisible to me before this. I just thought it was some generic text about the game.
This item can no longer be bought or sold on the Community Market because Valve no longer has a business relationship with the developer.

gngf123

Played a bit of Blue Reflection, the only issue so far is that it refuses to run on my main monitor for some reason unless i disable my other monitors. Other than that, it runs very well (120+fps in game and like 2k+fps in menus), and it looks gorgeous (i mean the general artstyle, it does lack some technical features like proper AA)

Could you enforce AA from your graphics driver software?

That aliasing is really noticeable.

Ascheroth

Played a bit of Blue Reflection, the only issue so far is that it refuses to run on my main monitor for some reason unless i disable my other monitors. Other than that, it runs very well (120+fps in game and like 2k+fps in menus), and it looks gorgeous (i mean the general artstyle, it does lack some technical features like proper AA)

Can't really comment on gameplay yet, since i'm only half an hour in
But i can confirm that the "proper magical girl transformation sequences" are present, if someone's into that kinda thing :p
The music is also superb. Overall, i think it's a much better port than Firis, and maybe even Sophie
Downsample! All those jaggies are not worth the FPS.

ezodagrom

Could you enforce AA from your graphics driver software?

That aliasing is really noticeable.
It's a DX11 game, so probably only FXAA would work (or MLAA in AMD's case).

Reshade's SMAA would be another option, but there's reports of the game crashing with reshade, apparently...

Or downsampling, of course.

Tonton

I think I`ll give Blue Reflection a chance and add it to my wishlist at least

I really want to get into these Gust games but KT doesn`t make it easy

PaulSane

ce76fffdfa.jpg

Here is a 4k screenshot. I'll try to force an AA through control panel now, will edit this post if i can successfully enable it

Jawmuncher

Steam Version - basically everything unlocked (Costumes, Characters, etc)
W10 Version - Free to try with 1 rotating character every week. Other stuff locked but can be bought through the game for the same price as steam I believe)

Here is a 4k screenshot. I'll try to force an AA through control panel now, will edit this post if i can successfully enable it

Is this one of them stalker games

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Orange Moon, a metroidvania thats been bundled a few times, is out of early access. Reviews are mixed on steam.

Lain

https://www.patreon.com/posts/meltys-quest-14577639

Meltys Quest will release as scheduled on DLsite Ecchi on the month of October.
Furthermore, I am here to announce that Meltys Quest will be releasing worldwide on Steam.

The Steam version will be released after the DLsite version. The DLsite version will be priced at whatever 2000 yen will exchange into. The Steam version will be priced at $20.

The Steam version will feature achievements and heavier censorship of CGs. There will be a full CG uncensor patch released for both versions of Meltys Quest on the Steam release.

I've fiddled with the demo and I think it's a fun game.

Can't really comment on gameplay yet, since i'm only half an hour in
But i can confirm that the "proper magical girl transformation sequences" are present, if someone's into that kinda thing :p
The music is also superb. Overall, i think it's a much better port than Firis, and maybe even Sophie

I have to admit, I'm curious. The price will have to drop a lot before I get it though. I'm looking forward to hearing impressions from you and others here that might be playing it.

ezodagrom

I have to admit, I'm curious. The price will have to drop a lot before I get it though. I'm looking forward to hearing impressions from you and others here that might be playing it.
It's a KT game, so it probably won't.
2+ years old KT games currently aren't getting much better than 50% discounts, 60% at best.

PaulSane

Guys, i've found the reason why KTs ports are the way they are:

It's pretty hard to write the code and test your game when your PCs are set up like that :p

I also find the way NPCs are named pretty amusing, it does help to characterize them even if your interactions with them are very limited:

yuraya

DOS2 is now @ 95 on Metacritic.

That is 2 points higher than MGSV, Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 and Persona 5. Only better game reviewed this gen is Zelda.

Hey Larian. You're pretty good

PaulSane

I don't believe KT can make a good port, inb4 it blows up your PC D:

It's "good" by KTs standards, sure, but those aren't very high. It does have some technical issues, as well as the usual lack of graphical options and the need to edit the .ini file if you want to set your resolution to something other than the ones listed in the launcher.

Battlechili

Banned
I really wish Natsuiro High School would get localized
The idea of a pervy anime Metal Gear-style stealth game seemed like it would be fun.
Meltys Quest is gonna release on Steam too.
Finally a nice HRPG game with a good translation. It's gonna cost 20$ but I'd rather that than the shit English I have to put up with from SakuraGames and Dieselmine now too.
>look game up
Ooh, nice art!
>still uses default RPGMaker assets
why

NeoRaider

I am also thinking about getting KI on Steam (i have 22€ from selling card, so that would be 6€ for me with launch discount). But i am not sure. It looks like my kind of fighting game. But with Cuphead releasing in 2 days i am not sure what to do.

Nabs

I am also thinking about getting KI on Steam (i have 22€ from selling card, so that would be 6€ for me with launch discount). But i am not sure. It looks like my kind of fighting game. But with Cuphead releasing in 2 days i am not sure what to do.

You could download the free to play version on the Windows Store (if you're on w10) and give it a shot.

Jawmuncher

It’s a fun game and has a dinosaur

Nabs

They should release Killer Instinct: TJ Combo Edition so I can just pay $5 dollars for that one character.

Nzyme32

They should release Killer Instinct: TJ Combo Edition so I can just pay $5 dollars for that one character.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Him, Fulgore, Cinder or Spinal - I'd buy the game with just one of them and be pretty content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom