• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxiLive

I’m afraid to ask this in the gaming side, so maybe someone here knows. Has anyone at Valve ever said why they’re moving to a new office (apparently finally happening this week)? Are they planning to grow bigger, or did they already outgrow the old place? Or was their lease up or something?

Probably isn't a straight forward answer but I'm guessing they just wanted to refurbish the place and getting something new is cheaper in the long run especially with home much pocket money Valve has. It will also give them room to expand when needed.

It will also be designed with hardware spaces, Steam sub teams and developments teams in mind rather than retrofitted the old office. Probably the main reason is they have a fair chunk of change and this is something they could to improve the day to day life of their workforce.

spent almoost all my gems on the gate of firmament and got 2 of the same card I already had and a double. trade forum has no posts. Got sucker punched by the steam gambling apparatus.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Probably isn't a straight forward answer but I'm guessing they just wanted to refurbish the place and getting something new is cheaper in the long run especially with home much pocket money Valve has. It will also give them room to expand when needed.

It will also be designed with hardware spaces, Steam sub teams and developments teams in mind rather than retrofitted the old office. Probably the main reason is they have a fair chunk of change and this is something they could to improve the day to day life of their workforce.

Gotta spend that money on something I guess.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Mystery key 1, may or may not work -- MB-5C906520B7759BFF - Taken by sixteen-bit

Mystery key 2, may or may not work -- MB-633219F41D149455 - Taken by bobnowhere

Endruen

Finally.
uVZzjF3.png

Nabs

https://www.ultra-combo.com/ki-steam-qa/

Q: Is the game cross-buy? Does my purchased content carry-across platforms?
A: The Steam ecosystem is completely separate from the Windows Store and the Xbox Store, and therefore content does not carry across. We want to give gamers the choice of where to play – so if you love Steam and prefer to play with your Steam account, you now can.

I should have saved that $25

NeoRaider

Awesome. This Steam edition does come with everything that was released thus far, correct?

Yes.

Q: What’s included in the Steam version of Killer Instinct?
A: Killer Instinct on Steam includes all seasons of KI – all 29 characters (including the newly released Eagle, plus Kilgore and Shin-Hisako remix characters), all 20 stages, all costumes, all colors, and all modes.

And it supports cross-play with W10/XB1.

I don't suppose you get a Steam key if you already bought it on the Windows Store?

EDIT:
https://www.ultra-combo.com/ki-steam-qa/

Q: Is the game cross-buy? Does my purchased content carry-across platforms?
A: The Steam ecosystem is completely separate from the Windows Store and the Xbox Store, and therefore content does not carry across. We want to give gamers the choice of where to play – so if you love Steam and prefer to play with your Steam account, you now can.

I should have saved that $25

Too bad.

gngf123

It is interesting to me that "Cross platform play" between different versions of Windows is a point worth noting and not just something that can be assumed.

Thanks, Microsoft and UWP.

Tizoc

Hehe
Just requested a refund for a game i bought earlier this week
It is in the latest humo bundle at indiegala.com
Crom praise the 2 week grace period

I hope Killer Instinct runs on my notebook (Geforce 840M). Since Street Fighter II, the only fighting game I really got into was Super Smash Bros. I've tried Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat X but I don't like any of them. I need a weird fighting game in my life. Is Killer Instinct weird?

JarrodL

What is the in game money for?
And holy crap, over 400 achievements

Alternative way of buying packs of equippable items/consumables during the Shadow Lords campaign. They can also be bought with gems or somesuch you earn in-game by winning battles during the campaign. I didn't feel the need to pay for anything during my playthroughs after the first
failed
campaign run, since all your guardians and unused items carry over from previous runs.

Parsnip

I had no idea that Killer Instinct had in-game money that you can buy with real moneys. I assume it's for costumes and stuff.

Ibuki

Banned
I had no idea that Killer Instinct had in-game money that you can buy with real moneys. I assume it's for costumes and stuff.

In the other versions you can buy Characters, Costumes, and other microtransactions with it.

This version seems to include all the characters though.

Jawmuncher

Wait there's no free version for KI? RIP this game getting a player boost from Steam. Even if $40 is a good deal if it's all characters.

In the other versions you can buy Characters, Costumes, and other microtransactions with it.

This version seems to include all the characters though.

You can't buy characters. I got 10000 gold and it's only for early unlocks for costume piece, skins, titles, and XP boosters and such. It's worthless stuff. Don't worry about it.

Lain

Meltys Quest is gonna release on Steam too.
Finally a nice HRPG game with a good translation. It's gonna cost 20$ but I'd rather that than the shit English I have to put up with from SakuraGames and Dieselmine now too.

Ibuki

Banned
You can't buy characters. I got 10000 gold and it's only for early unlocks for costume piece, skins, titles, and XP boosters and such. It's worthless stuff. Don't worry about it.

My mistake, I guess you can only buy the characters directly, but you can buy them piecemeal on the other versions.

Jawmuncher

My mistake, I guess you can only buy the characters directly, but you can buy them piecemeal on the other versions.

Yeah. Can't use gold for character buys. But you can indeed buy individual characters if you want on the Xbox and W10 versions.

This not allowing the same I think is a big issue. Not a lot of people are gonna jump in for $40 bucks. Especially not this close to the holiday.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Killer Instinct is one of those games that will always feel like a cheap knockoff fighter to me - I never played the original (didn't have a SNES) or knew anyone that did, and so it occupies the same sort of space in my brain as Eternal Champions does, old fighting games I'm aware of but never became a thing, so every time it comes up I'm surprised it's around again. No bearing on how good or popular it is, it just was never part of my world.

Ludens

Banned
Killer Instinct is one of those games that will always feel like a cheap knockoff fighter to me - I never played the original (didn't have a SNES) or knew anyone that did, and so it occupies the same sort of space in my brain as Eternal Champions does, old fighting games I'm aware of but never became a thing, so every time it comes up I'm surprised it's around again. No bearing on how good or popular it is, it just was never part of my world.

I never played a KI too, and I kinda feel like you. But I'm sure at least the KI model was actually successful compared to SFV, a 60€ game filled with 140€ dlcs, when 2 of them are for 12 characters and the rest are costumes.

PaulSane

Played a bit of Blue Reflection, the only issue so far is that it refuses to run on my main monitor for some reason unless i disable my other monitors. Other than that, it runs very well (120+fps in game and like 2k+fps in menus), and it looks gorgeous (i mean the general artstyle, it does lack some technical features like proper AA)

Can't really comment on gameplay yet, since i'm only half an hour in
But i can confirm that the "proper magical girl transformation sequences" are present, if someone's into that kinda thing :p
The music is also superb. Overall, i think it's a much better port than Firis, and maybe even Sophie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom