• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

It's 60 dollars.

Doesn't matter.

Is The Lost Legacy AA then?
I thought it's determined by developing/marketing budget and not game cost...

Correct, it's budget not price.

That said Lost Legacy is an interesting case.
Obviously had a lesser budget than UC4, but still probably quite substantial. It certainly still had a pretty big marketing presence behind it.

A pretty solid argument that it's still AAA.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It's 60 dollars.

AAA doesn't refer to the price consumers pay though. It refers to the amount of development money spent on the game. The price definitely might imply that a game is it a certain quality or whatever, but it doesn't tell you how much they spent on development.

Yeah.. I don't thin so. It looks mid buget and the marketing push were really tame.

Nier Automata is more AAA due to the heavy marketing push it received over the span of a year or two. Development budget-wise, I think they're comparable.

I'll have to agree with JaseC here. Give it to me now.

But seriously, why wouldn't Destiny 2 go on sale? Blizzard games went on sale quite regularly, though not very steep, like 50% at most.

Perhaps you are right, I am just going by the fact that Call of Duty 1-100 are still pretty much full priced.

That's actually a really interesting topic - what games are AAA and what are just filthy AA. I remember that was a conflicting question even 10 years ago, some guy asked my local gaming magazine what is AAA games and what games should be considered as BBB and CCC games. They've said that only AAA and indies exists and there is no other A's and any different letters in videogaming industry. It was so easy back then, now we have AAA, AA, some mid-tier budget from THQ Nordic, indies, AAA-indies like No Man's Sky and whatever else i forgot to mention

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to cease this unsanctioned discussion on the nature of AAA. Only the Council of AAA Gaming may decide what is and isn't AAA. No one else is qualified to be the final arbiter of that super serious and totally objective designation.

Parsnip

Scaleboud was probably gonna be it
Oh yeah, that might have been it for sure.

It's Square Enix, it'll manage to bump the cost to AAA, then expect it to sell 5 million copies to break even.

I mean what arbitrary amount is AAA? I find judging by price tag is relatively less vague.

Old THQ was decidedly mid tier double AA publisher with a bunch of AA devs under their wings, but most if not all of those mid tier games were full priced all the same.

Which is obviously not a dump on the quality of the games, I love Darksiders and Saints Row 2 and 3, but the budget on those were not on the level of any Assassin's Creed or Battlefield or whatever.

thenexus6

So I don't know anything about Warhammer but Vermintide is literally L4D just with classes and loot. Played one game and seems cool. Fighting just rats is a little boring though.

yuraya

AAA basically means if you have like more than 100 developers working on a game I would think. That is where production values and shit like that would be so high that it would be excessive.

Anything less than that is AA and lower.

Anno

AAA basically means if you have like more than 100 developers working on a game I would think. That is where production values and shit like that would be so high that it would be excessive.

Anything less than that is AA and lower.

So Divinity: OS2 really is AAA then!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

yuraya

So Divinity: OS2 really is AAA then!

Sure. People just won't look at them like that until they have a big publisher behind them.

If EA acquired Larian last year and was publishing Divinity: OS2 right now then everyone would look at it as AAA game.

Anno

Sure. People just won't look at them like that until they have a big publisher behind them.

If EA acquired Larian last year and was publishing Divinity: OS2 right now then everyone would look at it as AAA game.

Let's not talk about that, even in jest.

Pachimari

Best news of the year right here.

Just came out, looks really good and the soundtrack suits my taste

I'm buying this game for sure. It looked phenomenal on Let's Play's.

I tried out Divinity: Original Sin EE for the first time and died at my second battle (almost died at the first one) to two drunkards. Fuck this game. =;(

r3n4ud

Played a couple hours of Ys 7. Reaching the first part of the game gave me déjà vu. Realized that ya, I played this game before lol

Of course I never finished it then, but I will definitely finish it this time around.

zkylon

zkylewd
to be perfectly honest idk if pathologic is the right fit for "open development"

i feel like it's not a game you want to be out there with information circulating about the internet, you want it to be mysterious and obscure and you want ppl to play it for the first time when it's already finished, it's not a multiplayer shooter that's kind of the same, this game is not the kind you play multiple times i think

also it's really weird that they're renaming the remake to pathologic 2

it's really confusing

Wait, this is now Pathologic 2 instead of just a remake of the original?
Yeah, that's tinybuild decision:
What we referred to as Pathologic is now Pathologic 2 to avoid confusion between the original game, Pathologic Classic HD, The Marble Nest, Mor. Utopia, and so on
Also, now it's referred just as Mor instead of Mor. Utopia on russian.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
God damn D:OS2 looking to take the crown for best revival CRPG away from D:OS1 EE.

If the systems live up to all these videos, I might have to try playing it through a couple times. That undead stuff looks so rad. It would make for a very different playthough.

Nilua

Last Day of June seems amazing, but it looks like no one is talking about it? It's not even in the top sellers list... Unfortunately I can't buy it right now, but I hope it doesn't fail.

Jadax

So I've been reading the Dead Space comics. Damn nice, gets you in the mood to play the game. An anime would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom