• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Any thoughts on Stories Untold? It's looks cool and it's on sale. I missed it in a previous humble bundle :(

FANTASTIC.

4 chapters that each have a unique narrative & gameplay twist.

You may enjoy some more than others, but they're all strong, imo. Ranging from good to excellent.

Totally NAILS that 80's vibe. Very Stranger Things in that sense.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Xater, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xater, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Infested Planet -- MB-2CC3D1237601D26D - Taken by Vlad. 4 entrants total.
Infested Planet Trickster's Arsenal DLC -- MB-8DF7AD5CB68C4789 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Samorost 3 -- MB-E14A0A84D9E195DF - Taken by Pachimari. 20 entrants total.
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-F44A10C62C7F5CAC - Taken by nightstorm. 15 entrants total.
Verdun -- MB-AC0B2A67F5AA5D4C - Taken by sadblob. 9 entrants total.

t1504211212z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stories Untold was great. Not amazing because it starts with the showstopper, but great nonetheless and a experience unlike anything out there really.

I just got the steam link on sale today. I have a question : my PC is connected to my monitor as 1440p, so if I use the steam link to my 1080p TV, so I have to change the resolution on my main PC to 1080p, or the steam link will automatically adjust to 1080?

Mindware's latest game "Heiankyo Alien 3671" is expected to hit next month
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3C6kRDTDUA

It's an arranged version of a 1979 arcade game. It implements a PACMAN CE styled system where the player has 5+ minutes to obtain as high a score as possible. Basically the player has to run around a maze, dig holes, capture aliens, and then bury them. There are numerous other factors to consider as well:

-Every few dead aliens causes the level to go up. More aliens appear and everything is worth more points.
-Seven buried treasures are hidden in each game. The only clue to their location is in the green aliens, who give off tell-tale signs when they walk over a treasure.
-There is a multiplier bonus for destroying multiple enemies without dying. Said bonus applies to pick-ups as well. Thus, grabbing the hourglass with a 9x bonus adds an extra minute and a half of time, as opposed to just ten seconds.
-Extra points are awarded for creating borders. However, green aliens can destroy them. A substantial reward is given for any and all borders left standing upon level-up.
-Power-ups

Needless to say, there's a lot going on at once, but everything starts to click after a few games.

This is, in my opinion, Mindware's best game yet. It's a thoroughly superb arcade game with a lot of depth and replay-ability. There are some randomized elements at play, but obtaining a high-score requires a good strategy.

There's also support for up to four players (local-only).

I'm not looking to be a hype-man or anything, but I've been playing this for awhile now and I'm very impressed.

oh man Jeremy Parish will be so excited

also, Stories Untold is excellent, though I didn't care too much for the final plot twist

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just got the steam link on sale today. I have a question : my PC is connected to my monitor as 1440p, so if I use the steam link to my 1080p TV, so I have to change the resolution on my main PC to 1080p, or the steam link will automatically adjust to 1080?

This is my setup as well. The Steam Link will output to 1080p automatically without having to change anything on your PC.

illusionary

How many has their streak still going? I'm at day 177, not sure if it was day one or if I missed some days in the beginning.

173 days here. I've 'bought' three of four games with coins and while they're generally low value, I really can't complain for free!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-A8C544672B20D82D - Taken by Booker.DeWitt. 5 entrants total.

t1504212504z1.png

Madventure

Guys, there is a Creative Assembly sale going on and this Viking: Battle for Asgard looks interesting, but I'm confused. I see epic battles with hundreds of men, but it's an action adventure game? Is this like a musou game, or more of a Total War strategy thing?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211160/Viking_Battle_for_Asgard/

action adventure game

A really slow paced one, I'd watch like a video of gameplay, most of the gameplay isn't really hundreds of of guys like that

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

DreadOut -- MB-28897616682FB169 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh cool! Thanks benefactor!

TIL that you can claim keys via an online URL at https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey?key=XXX whaaat

Yeah this popped up this week in the Tuesday update, but it's not really "live" anywhere on the site (yet).

I'm working on some updates to Enhanced Steam that will let you redeem multiple keys at once, but sadly this feature won't be ready in time for the next release (probably later today).

Additionally, I'm planning on building another Chrome extension that will detect selected text and allow users to Right Click -> Redeem on Steam if it matches the key pattern.

FANTASTIC.

4 chapters that each have a unique narrative & gameplay twist.

You may enjoy some more than others, but they're all strong, imo. Ranging from good to excellent.

Totally NAILS that 80's vibe. Very Stranger Things in that sense.

Your last sentence sold me. 👍🏻👍🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Yeah this popped up this week in the Tuesday update, but it's not really "live" anywhere on the site (yet).

I'm working on some updates to Enhanced Steam that will let you redeem multiple keys at once, but sadly this feature won't be ready in time for the next release (probably later today).

Additionally, I'm planning on building another Chrome extension that will detect selected text and allow users to Right Click -> Redeem on Steam if it matches the key pattern.

Very cool!

That's also something that someone should add to my Monkeybot script!

If some of you would want to work with JavaScript and/or OSS projects, there's an issue tracking for this right now:

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot/issues/23

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Very cool!

That's also something that someone should add to my Monkeybot script!

If some of you would want to work with JavaScript and/or OSS projects, there's an issue tracking for this right now:

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot/issues/23

Feel free to do so... but in the spirit of not duplicating efforts, I will also be adding a link for key redemption in ModBot "you won" PMs in the next little while!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Even better!

I should say I really appreciate your script and I think it's really cool and if not for some issues with how ModBot does some of the GAF stuff behind the scenes I would also open source it!

These days the giveaway and moderation stuff are totally separate and I have most of the authentication stuff separate so it's nominally possible to have a public git repo without giving away much, but it's still not quite where I would want it to be to make sure it's safe. Also I value my relative anonymity and the thought of having to make a parallel github account to detach this stuff from my actual work is a bummer

I should say I really appreciate your script and I think it's really cool and if not for some issues with how ModBot does some of the GAF stuff behind the scenes I would also open source it!

These days the giveaway and moderation stuff are totally separate and I have most of the authentication stuff separate so it's nominally possible to have a public git repo without giving away much, but it's still not quite where I would want it to be to make sure it's safe. Also I value my relative anonymity and the thought of having to make a parallel github account to detach this stuff from my actual work is a bummer

Thanks Stumpkapow :)

And yep, those are hard to things to decide on, especially the loss of the relative anonymity, as that one is much harder to get back than it's to fix code related issues before going public (or after that).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
how can u not like jim sterling

i don't like people who make money getting theatrically angry about shit that doesn't matter while standing surrounded by walls of nerd garbage. that's kind a non-negotiable moral value i have and i apply it universally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom