• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Why can't those japanese devs ask just one random person who's played games with Mouse/Keyboard how to do controls.

SE is perfectly capable of doing a good PC port, they just need a reason to, FFXIV (2.0) was hella good because their life depended on how much it needed to be sold after all those money they've spent on it

Pachimari

So I've been streaming for the last hours, and on the thumbnail for my video on Youtube it says my video is 2:19 hours long. When I click on it, the first 20 minutes have been cut out and it's only 2 hours long. Do anyone know why that is? I am perplexed and a bit devastated at having lost the first 20 minutes of my Let's Play. :(

Mivey

what do i need to do to master Prey? for some reason it kind of kicks my ass
Explore the world, understand your limits, level up some skills once you can, and go back to earlier stuff you had problems with. That's my basic gameplay loop for immersive sims. Also, quicksave is your friend, sometimes trying out insane stuff that will almost certainly get you killed can help you immensely (either because it does succeed, or by giving you knowledge on how stuff works)
You mean the 2017, right? The 2006 one is just a bogstandard shooter. The only thing there is to git good.

Jawmuncher

Once you upgrade your shotgun have have slow motion. Combat becomes a breeze. At that point it basically turned into doom lite for me. It was great.

kulapik

So I've been streaming for the last hours, and on the thumbnail for my video on Youtube it says my video is 2:19 hours long. When I click on it, the first 20 minutes have been cut out and it's only 2 hours long. Do anyone know why that is? I am perplexed and a bit devastated at having lost the first 20 minutes of my Let's Play. :(
It happens with all streams, leave it a bit of time to process, it will eventually show the whole of it

Explore the world, understand your limits, level up some skills once you can, and go back to earlier stuff you had problems with. That's my basic gameplay loop for immersive sims. Also, quicksave is your friend, sometimes trying out insane stuff that will almost certainly get you killed can help you immensely (either because it does succeed, or by giving you knowledge on how stuff works)
You mean the 2017, right? The 2006 one is just a bogstandard shooter. The only thing there is to git good.

Yes 2017. Thanks I do need to explore more and go backtracking some.

Once you upgrade your shotgun have have slow motion. Combat becomes a breeze. At that point it basically turned into doom lite for me. It was great.

I have been thinking about picking up that skill.

Is Mad Max worth 4$?

Mad Max is easily worth that. Pick it up

derFeef

Asked a numerous times but still.. is R6:Siege enjoyable on your own? I have it but...
I just remember getting TKed at the start of the round for being a new player (did not even finish a match once thanks to that) three times and then called it a day...

Xater

So I tried Civ 6 with the Steam controller and it works really well. The only problem is that the text is a little too small for TV play. I also wish the UI would be slightly bigger.

Pachimari

Trails in the Sky is 41.5 hours for the main story alone!? Whoaaa, I chose quite the game for my first Let's Play and I have to complete it. Oh well, at least I'm enjoying it so far.

[edit] So my Let's Play #1 upload I talked about earlier has finally processed it all and I didn't lose any minutes. Yay!

Well, actually, Agents of Mayhem it's not that bad.

Obviously it's like Saint's Row, only without dick jokes and with more focus on agents.

Every agent have different abilities and specialties, you need balance your team unless you want to stuck, for example, at enemy with shield without agent who have shieldbreaking skills. Surprisingly, this mechanics actually works, and agents not only have different skills, but also plays differently and have personal backstories and missions.

You can get any car from the street, but it's better to just call agency vehicle with built-in nitro and jump in. There is different types of vehicles, in order to unlock them you need to find blueprints that hidden in city.

Encounters with main villain forces plays mostly like SR4, it's important to always move around and quickly switch between characters. But i must admit that shooting parts are kinda repetitive, but maybe it depends on difficulty level, you can change it in HQ before teleporting on mission. Higher difficulty - higher rewards.

So, inconsistent performance aside, i kinda like it. It's definitely not worth 60$, but everyone who enjoyed last Saint's Row games should get it on deep sale. Considering how badly this game bombed i guess it would happen really soon anyway.

Looks like it'd be fun with co-op.

preta

Trails in the Sky is 41.5 hours for the main story alone!? Whoaaa, I chose quite the game for my first Let's Play and I have to complete it. Oh well, at least I'm enjoying it so far.

[edit] So my Let's Play #1 upload I talked about earlier has finally processed it all and I didn't lose any minutes. Yay!

For what it's worth, the main story took me less than 30 hours, and that was even before Turbo Mode was added.

Dinjoralo

SE is perfectly capable of doing a good PC port, they just need a reason to, FFXIV (2.0) was hella good because their life depended on how much it needed to be sold after all those money they've spent on it

FFXIV isn't a port of an existing console title, it's a proper PC game. Huge difference.

preta

You monster.
Not talking to all the NPCs all the time is basically not playing TitS. <.<

It was my first playthrough, before I was really aware of this. And it's not like I skipped them, or side quests, entirely either. I just think 41 hours is exaggerated.

Dinjoralo

I can see that I'm not the only one that got TiTS in today's GOG sale. :p One thing that's definitely urking me with it: I can't set the turbo key to anything on my mouse! I even have an extra button bound to = for things like this, but it doesn't pick that up in the launcher. Ugh!

But besides that, it's pretty charming and entertaining, at least in my first few hours.

Monooboe

So I tried Civ 6 with the Steam controller and it works really well. The only problem is that the text is a little too small for TV play. I also wish the UI would be slightly bigger.

That's great to hear! While I will be playing in front of my computer I have found that the trackpad on my laptop isn't the best for games, so will mostly be using the steam controller for pretty all games.

You're supposed to be dead

giphy.gif

Jadax

https://blog.rthand.com/post/2009/09/13/Investigating-Windows-BSOD-cause-for-dummies.aspx

Windbg should help you identify the cause. (The last time I had BSOD issues, which was a few years back, it helped me pinpoint it to a dll that shipped with a VPN driver suggested by my University, and uninstalling that solved all my issues)

Thanks, will try it out. I actually just ran a memtest and my ram is faulty, so will get that replaced - but not sure that would cause the bsod crashes I'm having.

Last time that happened to me, it was my power supply unit.

Ok, but how can I make sure it's working properly?

Looks like it'd be fun with co-op.
Yeah, i hate to agree with this, but lack of co-op definitely hurt this game most. I'm playing exclusively alone, but even i don't understand why Volition didn't added co-op, i just can't see how it could interfere with game mechanics in any way, most of the story are just audio logs anyway, and before going to city player always start in HQ-lobby were he can buy upgrades, see stats and change team. Everything in this game literally screams co-op, i don't play online but it could help game sales greatly and hurry up patch release. Really strange decision.
Rise of the Tomb Raider > Far Cry: Zero Dawn
This man speaks the truth.
what do i need to do to master Prey? for some reason it kind of kicks my ass
Take it slow, upgrade your shotgun, get Materials Expert and Physician neuromods as fast as you can, explore every corner of levels.
Is Mad Max worth 4$?
For that price that's a steal, go for it

Auraela

Banned
Mad max had too much ubi stuff for me. It came just after ubi had the phase of towers etc in evrry game. And i had fun with max for feew hours then grew tired

Ludens

Banned
I think people shouldn't expect nothing revolutionary from FFXV Windows Version: it's a port of a console game, some effect will be better, but it will remain pretty much the same. Same applies to XB1X version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom