• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Cocorico! (for mobile)

OAA7zOQ.jpg

kionedrik

Free Battlerite Lite keys.

Seems they are keys to the standard F2P version of the game that will be available to everyone once it comes out of early access. You get a couple of heroes right away and you can unlock the rest with in-game currency or real money, basically it's the same business model as LoL.

Just checked out that new Humble mobile bundle.
Woah. Sanitarium had a mobile release?! I loved that game as a kid, despite how frustrating it could be.

Tizoc

The gifs are from Casablanca tho

Jacques Tati > Jean-Luc Godard anyway

I know, but I'll check both those 2 works.

Such a good pic. Let me just check something.. ah, yes. Elsa Bloodstone, British.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Capitaine zone euro?

Nextwave Agents of HATE is such a fantastic book
Nextwave-1.jpg

I continue to dream for the day when a Nextwave action game gets made. That or a beat'em-up :V

Tizoc

Huh, I should read Nextwave.

It's by Warren Ellis. Read his Thunderbolts run before or after Nextwave and realize that they are both written by the same author.
Speaking of Thunderbolts
Notice that the panel boxes are straight once he is Green Goblin.

oH ANd Warren Ellis did work on a few video games back in the day too.

Lain

Free Battlerite Lite keys.

Seems they are keys to the standard F2P version of the game that will be available to everyone once it comes out of early access. You get a couple of heroes right away and you can unlock the rest with in-game currency or real money, basically it's the same business model as LoL.

Site keeps failing (the database keeps failing) for me when it's time to give me the key.

Lain

Just noticed the second Pale Spectrum game, Pale Spectrum - Part Two of the Book of Gray Magic has a Steam page.

Also, I decided to read a bit more the last Tokyo Dark update and noticed this

For those of you who opted for a non-Steam version unfortunately we heard some disappointing news that the platform we had hoped to release on feels that Tokyo Dark has too much in common with Japanese visual novels (well it is a visual novel / adventure game hybrid) and as such does not suit their current store policy of no VNs.

I wonder if that non-Steam platform was GOG.

Just noticed the second Pale Spectrum game, Pale Spectrum - Part Two of the Book of Gray Magic has a Steam page.

Of course it was. Hence why I can't stand GOG's bullshit. I can understand quality curation. But GOG's curation's about one guy's taste. "I don't like your game" "I don't like that genre". Fuck this.

dex3108

Dishonored 2 is nearing to 1M sold copies and Prey is near 500K. Those are kinda sad numbers for how good games they are but they are not complete failure as many are thinking.

Tonton

Of course it was. Hence why I can't stand GOG's bullshit. I can understand quality curation. But GOG's curation's about one guy's taste. "I don't like your game" "I don't like that genre". Fuck this.
But that's exactly what curation is and why it's bad

Ruruja

Couple of spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Luxor 3 -- MB-C65919D29D000A2D - Taken by Dangerblade
Luxor Evolved -- MB-6B7DB516E166D6DF - Taken by illusionary

It is. I remember trying to see if Clannad would be on GOG and reading a post by some developer quoting GOG essentially saying "Visual Novels don't have enough interactivity to be considered games in the sense of what we want for our site" or something to that effect. It is really a weird stance to take though.

Knurek

It is. I remember trying to see if Clannad would be on GOG and reading a post by some developer quoting GOG essentially saying "Visual Novels don't have enough interactivity to be considered games in the sense of what we want for our site" or something to that effect. It is really a weird stance to take though.

You have to remember GOG rejected Cook, Serve, Delicious for being too fucking casual.
GOG's curation is even worse than Steam's curation (before GL).

illusionary

i think i bought it on gmg or something so it was a bit cheaper also

can't remember how expensive the season pass was but idk i feel like it would be nice to be told that the season pass content was gonna be "fluff-esque", at least compared to the meaty content of this expansion

like when i bought the season pass i was expecting to get an enemy within out of it

In fairness to Firaxis/2K, the content to be included within the Reinforcement Pack was announced by the time of the game's release.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...nnounces_XCOMreg_2_Digital_Deluxe_Edition.php

(sorry for the delayed reply)

jtb

Banned
Dishonored 2 is nearing to 1M sold copies and Prey is near 500K. Those are kinda sad numbers for how good games they are but they are not complete failure as many are thinking.

Bethesda should waste less money on celebrity voice actors. They really don't add anything to the game

You have to remember GOG rejected Cook, Serve, Delicious for being too fucking casual.
GOG's curation is even worse than Steam's curation (before GL).

And GOG rejected Assault Android Cactus... For no reason. Also Cave shmups.

I want no business with a platform run by peoole who think they should dictate me what game is good and what isnt.

jtb

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jtb, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-CC70E6A48AE9BB83 - Taken by PaulSane. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition #2 -- MB-9FA31C06C9895BC3 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition #3 -- MB-95C213E8B837287F - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam -- MB-048B3C6EEA167F9C - Taken by Dangerblade. 4 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-C090673B64A9A088 - Taken by Madventure. 1 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 #2 -- MB-28DBA90DB90CD9D6 - Taken by rostocker. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-1C655D6CFE2092B0 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space 3 -- MB-2EB23E401D182DA2 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-E7C9864F3F2C13C3
Mirror's Edge -- MB-7BD6F5AFD93DC61C - Taken by sixteen-bit. 2 entrants total.
Populous -- MB-9D9FBD903B784C78 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
The Sims 3 Date Night Key -- MB-A8A8A311FF7D10FF - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Key -- MB-5FE30F532AEB4B13
The Sims 3 Key -- MB-222C3FF6F6A35AB8 - Taken by DeliciousDoc. 6 entrants total.
Total War: WARHAMMER -- MB-477750552822FEF5 - Taken by Purkake4. 20 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin -- MB-BBAF76873B8480EA - Taken by lazerfox. 2 entrants total.

t1504649494z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
In fairness to Firaxis/2K, the content to be included within the Reinforcement Pack was announced by the time of the game's release.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...nnounces_XCOMreg_2_Digital_Deluxe_Edition.php

(sorry for the delayed reply)
yeah, and i bet the season pass description mentioned some of it but i do think that it shows how dumb these terms and prices are when the dark souls 2 season pass that had like 3 huge ass content dlcs costed the same and was marketed the same as this fluff one

i should've known better, but also marketing makes knowing better a bit difficult

Mivey

Who knows? Maybe Bethesda got a case of Square Enix style expectations and pumped millions into this thing. Especially Dishonored 2 had a huge marketing campaign, that must have cost a lot. Could easily reach the development costs. I don't think they would give up on Dishonored, though. Maybe let them try something else, before going back for it. Harvey Smith pretty much said that the current story is over, so a new Dishonored would likely have new (anti-) heroes and setting (same world, but different place. We heard so much about the continent, why not build on that?)
Prey could be dead, though. New IP is easier to give up.

Pixieking

Banned
Why there's no more weeklong deals?

There's a bit of a lag with them, it looks like, so they're running a little late - I noticed it last week, and the same appears to have happened this week. They may have changed how they're promoted, too, because there's still no banner on the Steam front page, and the direct url ( http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=weeklongdeals ) draws a blank, but I got an email stating 9 games on my wishlist are on sale, and all-but-one has

WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends 12 Sep 1:00am MYT

on it. So *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom