• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

any good HL/HL2 mods on the Steam Store? (that require HL1/2 to play?)

I've got Estranged: Act 1 and MINERVA: Metastasis.... I see there is something called Half Life Before but it is apparently shit according to user reviews

edit: jshackles I actually did play some Kingdom Rush now that I think about it and yeah that was pretty fun... at least more fun than PixelJunk Monsters

Locust

I haven't gone digging deep, but the handful of new/recent DLC subs I checked are region-free, as is the new Total War Collection sub (six days old). If ACRTAG is now included by default then this seemingly doesn't apply to DLC.

Yeah, I can't say I've done tons of digging either, but so far what I've stumbled upon seems pretty consistent.

http://steamdb.info/sub/50981/history/
http://steamdb.info/sub/51014/history/
http://steamdb.info/sub/51009/history/

Hard to say without knowing the exact process. Either way, the devs for the first two games have also posted they haven't purposely applied any restrictions. WB's new Gauntlet subs didn't get locked either, so it could be them just going out of their way to disable it or it's automatically applied earlier in the process and only on the initial subs.

:tinfoilhat:

deadflower81

Neo Member
it's a bit of a sim, a bit of VN, but mostly it's choices a game, a real gem in my eyes, as that's what we mostly miss in games, branching paths and choices that matter.
Not saying it's a game for everyone but close to it, I call it the real Game of Thrones game ;)

Thank you!

Seems really interesting... and ok, just by writing "Games of Thrones", you made me buy the 6 dollar tier :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That Total War sale page with the wrong header icons on the Empire games and the old style Add To Cart buttons still...

I wonder if anyone at Valve is even awake right now.

edit: jshackles I actually did play some Kingdom Rush now that I think about it and yeah that was pretty fun... at least more fun than PixelJunk Monsters

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

Deitus

Was there any problem with the PC port of Ms. SpIosion Man? I feel like I remember someone having an issue with it, but I'm not sure.

I already have LLtQ and Valdis Story, so I guess I'll only go in on the $1 tier.

Vlad

I'm not understanding the DOTA hype. For some reason, I'm not sure how it's good. It could just be me.

Nope, it's not just you. I really tried to like it, and while I like the general idea, the game itself is far too much micromanagement for me. "There's enemy monsters to attack, but don't attack them too soon! Just wait until they're almost dead by other means and sit there and time your attacks just right in order to get the last hit on them."

That's so not my kind of game.

Monooboe

if u want the other tiers then yeah considering that the lowest price that that game has had is $3.75 but if you dont want the other tiers just wait for a sale

I do want the others, as many keep recommending The Cat Lady and Long Live the Queen. So I see it as I pay 4 dollars for Valdis Story.:D I was reading the reviews on it on Steam and seems like a game I would love, so I'm going for the highest tier!

FloatOn

Started playing Clash of Heroes on steam, then thought about how great it would be as an ios game. Turns out i already owned it on ios.

Now i know how some of you steam folks feel.

M&M: Clash of Heroes is so damn incredible. I played through much of the campaign on 360 but for some reason I only have a couple of hours played on steam.

I should fix that.

gabbo

So here is a question:

How big is everyone's wishlist?

Lately I've come to the realization that mine is slowly growing very large. It seems like I add a game a day, sometimes more. It's starting to worry me, as I already have a huge backlog of games to even install yet.... o_O

I think at most, it may get as high as 12 around sales, because of Valve's old 'have 10 games in your wishlist, win x number of games' giveaways for Christmas/Summer sales. I rarely add to it much these days.

Does anyone know how I can swap the achievement icon for Big Picture mode from the bottom one(current) to the top one(old)?

I think the old one looks better so I'd love to have that instead, but my google-fu is failing me and I can't find anyway to change it :(

Playing ZE:VLR right now and i really wish they would put this game on PC. There's nothing here that can't be done on PC, and if the devs are really struggling to get a 3rd game going then put it on Steam and give the game cards. they'll fund part 3 in a week, dammit.

Playing ZE:VLR right now and i really wish they would put this game on PC. There's nothing here that can't be done on PC, and if the devs are really struggling to get a 3rd game going then put it on Steam and give the game cards. they'll fund part 3 in a week, dammit.

More stuff that will sell in the west and not in Japan. Which unfortunately won't convince the people that need convincing to give the go ahead on 3.

Monooboe

Ok so no Vanishing of Ethar Carter tonight... so I'm going to continue my marathoning of Supernatural. I'm also more and more wanting that Supernatural game that JaseC fantasized about.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what that acronym could possibly stand for.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know how I can swap the achievement icon for Big Picture mode from the bottom one(current) to the top one(old)?

I think the old one looks better so I'd love to have that instead, but my google-fu is failing me and I can't find anyway to change it :(

Even if you had the old files it still wouldn't be possible; Steam runs a file verification check every time it's booted up and any files that fail it are re-downloaded. Your only hope is for Valve to allow custom skins for BPM.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
there already is a neogaf curator. Don't know who runs it though.

Only group officers can recommend titles.

Ok so no Vanishing of Ethar Carter tonight... so I'm going to continue my marathoning of Supernatural. I'm also more and more wanting that Supernatural game that JaseC fantasized about.

When I'm rich, I'll fund it! :p Not quite sure which developer I'd trust with the task, though. Maybe Remedy, as even if you're not fold of Alan Wake overall, there's no denying that the art team absolutely nailed the look and feel of the pacific northwest.

Wouldn't a JaseC curation just be a thumbs up for every game in the store, with a description of +1?

Well, except games with FoD subs. ;)

Edit: D'oh, didn't switch tabs.

zkylon

zkylewd

oh man i would love that!

Deitus

Heh, The Evil Within is gonna murder my 7950.

Is it that system intensive? I figured for a cross gen game, the requirements would be fairly low.

the important bits:
i7 with 4 or more cores.
50GB of HDD space
GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM

Those are recommended specs. There are no minimum specs. Just: "if you run it on something lower spec than this we can't guarantee how it will run"

Yikes! Guess I'll wait for impressions on performance then.

Is it that system intensive? I figured for a cross gen game, the requirements would be fairly low.
the important bits:
i7 with 4 or more cores.
50GB of HDD space
GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM

Those are recommended specs. There are no minimum specs. Just: "if you run it on something lower spec than this we can't guarantee how it will run"
Yikes! Guess I'll wait for impressions on performance then.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna wait until I upgrade my PC at the end of January to even bother playing/buying it.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Humble Bundle:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest (GOG) -- MB-4F743EFE50141F6E - Taken by Phawx
NOT THE ROBOTS -- MB-4B286497FB10A6FF - Taken by Purkake4
Cat Lady -- MB-B903245D79D7776F - Taken by The Reloader
Defender's Quest -- MB-315EC22AB80E7E12 - Taken by xeris
x

Alavard

That's actually a really great idea. Plus, I suppose they could put the iOS version of 999 (inferior as it is) on Steam too so new players could still get access to the previous game's story.

KingDirk

Man, and I just bought this on sale. Ah well, sale-a vie. *wink* (Bad pun for a good cause?)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Long Live the Queen -- MB-D243AE3DA8D051CE - Taken by Armoured Priest. 40 entrants total.

t1411685632z1.png

Piano

Banned
So what's the best Total War game?

I played Rome back in high school and loved it but apparently Rome II is a mess. I watched that video about the horrible collision and combat issues.

xeris

So here is a question:

How big is everyone's wishlist?

Lately I've come to the realization that mine is slowly growing very large. It seems like I add a game a day, sometimes more. It's starting to worry me, as I already have a huge backlog of games to even install yet.... o_O

Although I have to admit a good chunk of that isn't so much a true wishlist as a "remember it exists in case there's a really good sale" list.

Vlad

Although I have to admit a good chunk of that isn't so much a true wishlist as a "remember it exists in case there's a really good sale" list.

Exactly. I'm up to about 80 or so, and I really do use it entirely to keep track of games that I'm at least partially interested in.

Miguel81

So what's the best Total War game?

I played Rome back in high school and loved it but apparently Rome II is a mess. I watched that video about the horrible collision and combat issues.

Shogun 2 is highly recommended by fans, unless you just prefer the Roman era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom