• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scipius

I dunno, I've tried it at least 30 times already to no avail. I've tried in the client and on the web and they both just throw an error. This seems different.

Trading is very wonky at the moment. Also, if it does work, it seems trade offers are going out not once, but as four identical trade offers.

Jawmuncher

DKCR TF is only $30 this weekend:)

I would have bought it if not for Hyrule Warriors tomorrow and then Smash next week.
Why couldn't we have gotten that sale when EU did.

--------------------------------

In steam talk did the first episode of TWD Season 2.
Things aren't starting out very good as in, this is looking like it might not be that great of a season. I want to be proven wrong though.

Miguel81

Haven't played Half-Life 1 in years. I can't remember if it made me nauseous as fast as part 2, but it was a MUCH better paced game and I even enjoyed Xen *gasp*. Big fish in deep tank scared me white(whiter than usual) -- Valve, please make a single-player horror game, thanks!

zkylon

zkylewd
i love how in this thread there's a zkylon warning and in league of legends thread there's a zkylon alarm

the zkylon brand is taking over

Sober

So what's the best Total War game?

I played Rome back in high school and loved it but apparently Rome II is a mess. I watched that video about the horrible collision and combat issues.
That video is outdated. It came out at the same time the game was released. They have been patching it continuously since then for an entire year and they're still patching it.

That being said, it's a free weekend, you can go ahead and give it a try. But most of those issues have been fixed if not been overly exaggerated in the video to make a point.

Since it's not on sale, Shogun 2 / Fall of the Samurai. Fall is guns though, not sure if you'd like that.

Volimar

When Half Life 3 does come out, there should be a collector's edition mini treasure chest containing the game that when you open it light and angelic music pours out.

i love how in this thread there's a zkylon warning and in league of legends thread there's a zkylon alarm

the zkylon brand is taking over

The serpent is subtle.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In what way ? i don't know, I'm not afraid of horror games but this ones seems really gross. Maybe it's the artstyle but eh...
The game touches upon the topics of depression and suicide. Or, more accurately, is completely based around them. It does so in a tactful way, but that's still heavy stuff.

I really liked it, and think it's worth it for people interested in those topics. But it certainly isn't for everyone. The art style was disturbing but good, in my opinion.

MadGear

Well, i'd love to see games on Linux perform well but this comparison for CS:GO cant possibly be true.
And then there are these really odd spikes in frametime for the linux-version. But maybe thats the same random stutter i experience under windows.

Anyone here tried CS:GO under linux yet? Only tried Dota 2 once and that hasn't been such a smooth experience for me.

Actually disregard my post above. It seems Enhanced Steam was mistaken. That code only work for pre-ordered games.

So the discount price for Metal Gear Rising on Steam is $7.49. Still not a bad deal.

For future reference. you can order downloadable code using the coupon ANYDEAL15 to get 15% off. Offer ends 12/31/14

Awesome thanks, going to pick up Saw with this tonight.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well, i'd love to see games on Linux perform well but this comparison for CS:GO cant possibly be true.
And then there are these really odd spikes in frametime for the linux-version. But maybe thats the same random stutter i experience under windows.

Anyone here tried CS:GO under linux yet? Only tried Dota 2 once and that hasn't been such a smooth experience for me.
Jesus that gap is crazy. I can't wait to eventually throw SteamOS on a drive for screwing around with this stuff.

derExperte

Why Early Access?
“Road Redemption is currently a deep, satisfying 10-15 hour experience. It has received rave reviews from critics and has no known major bugs.

BULL. SHIT. Cars raining from the sky, driving on rooftops, me getting stuck in scenery, the reset option doing nothing, graphical glitches, horrible performance, ai constantly bugging out etcpp.

Hey, I get it, it's early access. But don't lie to me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KingDirk, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Long Live the Queen -- MB-D243AE3DA8D051CE - Taken by Armoured Priest. 40 entrants total.

t1411685632z1.png

Vuze

BULL. SHIT. Cars raining from the sky, driving on rooftops, me getting stuck in scenery, the reset option doing nothing, graphical glitches, horrible performance, ai constantly bugging out etcpp.

Hey, I get it, it's early access. But don't lie to me.

I can't help myself but read the games title as "Red Dead Redemption" constantly.

Tenrius

The one upside of the delay was that I finished up all the main worlds in Super Mario 3D World this afternoon instead.

I just got the game today myself. Finished the first two worlds in one sitting, but sadly it's time for bed now. On this occasion, I'd like to share this glorious video:

mario has the deepest lore

I much have watched it over a dozen of times and each time I visit YouTube it suggests me to watch it again, I can never say no. This is pretty the best video ever.

I haven't played it that much yet, but so far on my Arch setup the performance feels really great. Using nvidia 660 with propietary drivers. No issues that I could see.

Mokoi

Banned
If you have Skullgirls on Steam, remember to add the Eliza DLC to your account next week! She's only going to be free for ~3 months!
Cool I stopped playing, but I'll pick it back up just to try this DLC character.
sad face, cant find a 970 anyware (well, at least not without paying ridiculous shipping costs or even overpriced cards because its rare right now) so Ive settled with sticking my old 580 in the new rig for the time being :(

at least everything else in the new rig will obliterate my current one so it should still be a nice upgrade :(

I blame Jawmuncher

No I think you meant.
Jawmuncherc

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aphex Twin Syro (bleep.com/redeem/aphextwin-syro) -- MB-C2C34423833E85B9 - Taken by 28 Posts Later. 13 entrants total.

t1411686651z1.png

derExperte

I'm trying to give you a chance here, Titanfall. At least find a server, I don't even care what gamemode. Did I start my trial right during maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom