• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

H1PSTER

So because I've won Unity I've decided to giveaway this.

After all the reviews who isn't interested in this?

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow of Mordor -- MB-5497AEB2F96AB16A - Taken by legacyzero. 117 entrants total.

t1411781036z1.png

danthefan

Wow, entered the raffle H1PSTER, very generous.

I don't think I have 5 posts in the thread but I've given away about 10 games in two different posts so I'll make 2 more posts and I think in good faith I can enter!

So because I've won Unity I've decided to giveaway this.

After all the reviews who isn't interested in this?

I was interested until I saw the system requirements. It's a weird feeling, having your CPU be more than enough and your GPU not even meeting minimums for new games coming out.

rtcn63

The biggest worry for me is the combat. It looks closer to AssCreed, with the open-world dedicated to doing shit that you really don't need to, and the difficulty is apparently too easy as is. (Hope you can change it to harder ones right away) Which for me equals not particularly engaging.

Cerity

My shameful confession:

I spent a good 12+ hours in the starter town wringing it dry of all the bonus quest content and loving every minute of it.

I then ventured out of town for the first time to continue the murder case and promptly got my ass kicked by the first set of enemies I tangled with. After several tries, I just gave up.

Haven't picked up the game since.

The first part of the game is honestly the hardest part, you still don't have enough levels to get your characters going properly. Once you do get your characters going, the game is pretty breezy IMO, especially if you level your characters by way of a standard RPG.

Just finished the game with a mate and it was his first cRPG, certaintly didn't have many troubles at all. Just the bumpy start and the lack of direction in the 2nd map.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

HOARD -- MB-3F3C86E4E99D6662 - Taken by agniswarm

danthefan

My shameful confession:

I spent a good 12+ hours in the starter town wringing it dry of all the bonus quest content and loving every minute of it.

I then ventured out of town for the first time to continue the murder case and promptly got my ass kicked by the first set of enemies I tangled with. After several tries, I just gave up.

Haven't picked up the game since.

You need to complete some quests in the town. And the difficult of battles will vary wildly depending on how you approach things, you can all but make a battle unwinnable for yourself.

You should definitely keep going, the battles and the mad strategies you can come up with to win them are the best thing about the game.

Terra_Ex

uh oh, and I'm having a hard time enough getting used to Wasteland 2 ;_;
Wasteland 2 seems harder than Divinity to me, at least if you go to the AG centre first you can screw yourself over with regards to ammo. Divinity isn't that bad direction wise once you realise how it wants you to play and even as a veteran of the old titles, it surprised me (very pleasantly) because unlike most modern games it doesn't treat you like an idiot and after a generation of quest markers and hand-holding it even took me a while to get back into the swing of things (a game that actually wants you to think and read in 2014, can it be?). If like me, Fable-esque glowing trails leading to your objective irritate you then you'll be well served by Divinity. Just remember to read journal entries, listen to what's being said and these things will inform your choice on where to go next.

Nice giveaway, H1PSTER. I think my PC's gpu would cry if I attempted to run that on ultra. I've even decided I'm just gonna take a hit on Witcher 3 visuals and wait on my upgrade since I'm not confident the current crop of cards are going to see me through the whole generation.

Nice giveaway!

I'm about to hook my hard drive from my laptop up to my desktop via HD enclosure, so some questions:
1) Can I browse the drive like normal from file explorer and extract my documents from it? I don't want to hook it up to SATA and
2) Will it being a C: drive with Windows 7 be an issue so long as I'm not booting from it? I want to extract and then format this drive.

Please and thanks, I know this isn't tech support but it's easily the most lively PC thread.

rtcn63

Nice giveaway!

I'm about to hook my hard drive from my laptop up to my desktop via HD enclosure, so some questions:
1) Can I browse the drive like normal from file explorer and extract my documents from it? I don't want to hook it up to SATA and
2) Will it being a C: drive with Windows 7 be an issue so long as I'm not booting from it? I want to extract and then format this drive.

Please and thanks, I know this isn't tech support but it's easily the most lively PC thread.

1) You may have to take ownership of the contents, but yes
2 You should be fine

I've done this myself.

danthefan

Nice giveaway!

I can't tell you definitively but I can remember some conflict in drive names on my PC before and Windows renamed them itself. It was actually quite annoying as a load of file paths broke. I have 2 HDDs and yeah you can just browse the second one no problem. Anyway someone else will give you a better answer.

Khronico

Nice giveaway!

I had to do this a month ago although it was transferring data from one laptop hd to another laptop.

1) Yes, you shouldn't have any issues.
2) Yes (I think). My old hd had win7 and my new laptop has win8.1, there were no issues.

I just finished playing (or rather, reading) Planetarian: The reverie of a little planet. It's a really sweet story that I enjoyed a lot. It took me about 4 hours to complete and although I felt that was a bit long for the main story, they did spend the time detailing the world and characters in great detail which really helped the experience. It also has a really nice soundtrack.

I tried writing a bit about the story the visual novel deals with but the store page does a good job of it so I'll just paste that here.

It is thirty years after the failure of the Space Colonization Program.
Humanity is nearly extinct. A perpetual and deadly Rain falls on the Earth.
Men known as "Junkers" plunder goods and artifacts from the ruins of civilization.
One such Junker sneaks alone into the most dangerous of all ruins -- a "Sarcophagus City".
In the center of this dead city, he discovers a pre-War planetarium.
And as he enters he is greeted by Hoshino Yumemi, a companion robot.
Without a single shred of doubt, she assumes he is the first customer she's had in 30 years.
She attempts to show him the stars at once, but the planetarium projector is broken.
Unable to make heads or tails of her conversation, he ends up agreeing to try and repair the projector ...

The entire story is based around the interactions of the cynical, war weary scavenger and the cheerful robot hostess who is completely unaware of what is going on in the world around her. It's difficult to discuss the various themes of the story without going into spoiler territory. Suffice it to say that if you enjoy visual novels, it's likely that you will be entertained by this one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Stealth-Release?

This game was released today it seems. Anyone played it yet? Dusk_Golem maybe?

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253330/

My co-worker matt really liked it. He suffers from OCD and depression so a lot of the themes spoke to him. He says he loves the game but can't bring himself to replay for another ending because it's a bit too much.

He's kind of a wuss when it comes to horror games though, so take that with a grain of salt ;)

danthefan

I think I've gotten as far as I ever will in SpaceChem. Really interesting little game but has just gotten too complex, especially if I take a break from playing mid-level I can hardly remember what I'd done in the previous session.

H1PSTER

New page repost

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow of Mordor -- MB-5497AEB2F96AB16A - Taken by legacyzero. 117 entrants total.

t1411781036z1.png

Dr Dogg

After all of these screenshots, this game is officially on my Wishlist.

Well I have been looking forward to this game since I first caught glimpse of it middle of last year and it hasn't disappointed at all so far. Last batch tonight before someone screams at me.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter said:

Thanks guys. I had my laptop break and would rather throw this to my Wii U and betray you all :p

Pfft we all know this thread pulls double duty as WiiU Owners Not So Anonymous. I mean I own one and it gets plenty of use.

Anustart

Took a couple weeks break, but I'm back at Skyrim. Dont think this game is ever going to end. 93 hours and I've barely touched the story.

In about 20 hours, Groupees Give Back Bundle will be live. (It was live for a couple of minutes, but was taken down).
'Any user account who purchased or received a bundle in the past 12 months gets it free or PWYW ($1 minimum).'
Donations go to The Miracle of Music, bringing music to Alzheimer's and dementia patients.

It includes games, music, and comics; what is noteworthy is:
Borealis (Steam) BoxesWithGuns (Greenlight) Sanctuary RPG (Greenlight)

https://groupees.com/giveback

I ended up just dropping Skyrim after putting a hundred something hours. Then again I did play on pstriple and the bugs were annoying as shit. Maybe I'll double dip in the next steam sale

Jawmuncher

I'm still not really feeling the Xbone controller still. I can use it but man those analog nubs suck. I want my whole thumb to rest not sit above.

Tellaerin

I ended up just dropping Skyrim after putting a hundred something hours. Then again I did play on pstriple and the bugs were annoying as shit. Maybe I'll double dip in the next steam sale

Being able to mod the NPCs to look less eye-gougingly awful is reason enough to play on PC. >.>

Annubis

In about 20 hours, Groupees Give Back Bundle will be live. (It was live for a couple of minutes, but was taken down).
'Any user account who purchased or received a bundle in the past 12 months gets it free or PWYW ($1 minimum).'
Donations go to The Miracle of Music, bringing music to Alzheimer's and dementia patients.

It includes games, music, and comics; what is noteworthy is:
Borealis (Steam) BoxesWithGuns (Greenlight) Sanctuary RPG (Greenlight)

https://groupees.com/giveback

Ooooh that's really nice of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom