• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of H1PSTER, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow of Mordor -- MB-5497AEB2F96AB16A - Taken by legacyzero. 117 entrants total.

t1411781036z1.png

Jawmuncher

Does season 2 of walking dead get any better? I'm not expecting it to be as good as TWAU. But it feels like its just going to be a meh season though out.

I just came back from taking tons of exams and then Steam now has a music player embedded in it. What's next movies and the like?

Indie game the movie is on steam so were kinda already there.

No idea, I don't think we'll get a store page until the release day.

Wouldn't surprise me. I don't think any games that aren't AAA from Acti have ever had preorders for very long if at all.

On a fateful day, many moons past, I myself won a copy of Shadow of Mordor from a giveaway. My the light of Gandalf's staff shine upon the winner cuz the games gon b gud m8.

Jawmuncher

On a fateful day, many moons past, I myself won a copy of Shadow of Mordor from a giveaway. My the light of Gandalf's staff shine upon the winner cuz the games gon b gud m8.

I hope I don't win is the true way to get it.
With winning your own game taking second place.
Winning regularly is a fools dream even when it does happen.

Pyrite Heart is so amazing, Kenta for best husbando.
Byf-2Q6IYAACT8g.png

Ahri is pretty funny herself with her attitude, makes it funny when the thus far Ryuu and Kenta comment to her. Definitely want more Kenta though, his eye are mesmerizing and his smile.

Deitus

As an action game built around elaborate Middle Earth fan fiction it looks pretty good, But man, you can bet the Tolkien estate is gonna have something to say about this game.

I was under the impression that the LotR game licensing deal didn't allow them to just make games without the approval of the Tolkien estate.

Obviously the game is non-canon, but I think they at least had the go ahead to make the game.

Jawmuncher

What episode are you on? The season peaks at 3 and the next two episodes are slogs.

In the middle of 2 currently.
Yeah it definitely feels like it's not going to keep the momentum of anything by the end of it. Seems like such a detour more than anything substantial.

Jawmuncher

Byf-2Q6IYAACT8g.png

Ahri is pretty funny herself with her attitude, makes it funny when the thus far Ryuu and Kenta comment to her. Definitely want more Kenta though, his eye are mesmerizing and his smile.

Nice. Sounds like this is leagues better than Sakura spirit. Even if those are different vn genres.

jblank83

Does season 2 of walking dead get any better? I'm not expecting it to be as good as TWAU. But it feels like its just going to be a meh season though out.

It's pretty not good and exemplifies the shortcomings of Telltales current game design. Those faults being a lack of anything to do except listen to dialog, compounded by the fact that your choices mean little to nothing.

By the last episode I was literally not making any choices, just letting the game play itself like a movie. The sad thing is you can do that and finish it with almost no button presses, occasionally pressing the control stick forward during the brief "walk from here to there" scenes so you can listen to more dialog, and the obligatory short combat sequences (which are formulaic by now).

TWAU is bearable because the story, dialog, and characters are so good. TWD is dreary.

I was under the impression that the LotR game licensing deal didn't allow them to just make games without the approval of the Tolkien estate.

Obviously the game is non-canon, but I think they at least had the go ahead to make the game.

This is a super long read but there's some interesting stuff related to the rights and such.

Aaron D.

It does get better, but it's meh at best. Season 2 is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

Walking Dead Season 1 was my GOTY in 2012.

If I remember correctly, when Season 2 was announced, either Vinny or Brad (GB) sheepishly said they didn't ask for or want another installment, as the first was so poignant and complete all by itself.

I tended to agree.

I haven't touched Season 2 and likely never will. The first was just too good to have the memory sullied. I'll just pretend it never happened. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Byf-2Q6IYAACT8g.png

but his skin isn't tan and the sweat isn't glistening. ludonarrative dissonance ahoy.

wilflare

so is everyone playing Mordor or another Visual Novel?

btw, is that Bundlestars Painkiller bundle worth getting?
I think I have some weird spares of some games from the IG bundle but never claimed them cause I was looking for one with everything

Turfster

I think I have some weird spares of some games from the IG bundle but never claimed them cause I was looking for one with everything

Neither!
Also, I wasn't that impressed with the Painkiller game I played.

Jawmuncher

It's pretty not good and exemplifies the shortcomings of Telltales current game design. Those faults being a lack of anything to do except listen to dialog, compounded by the fact that your choices mean little to nothing.

By the last episode I was literally not making any choices, just letting the game play itself like a movie. The sad thing is you can do that and finish it with almost no button presses, occasionally pressing the control stick forward during the brief "walk from here to there" scenes so you can listen to more dialog, and the obligatory short combat sequences (which are formulaic by now).

TWAU is bearable because the story, dialog, and characters are so good. TWD is dreary.

I don't mind these lesser interaction experiences so long as the story is good and the illusion of choice is there for my first run.
But the draw is the story if I'm already guessing right where this is going you know you have a problem.

It's still ill done, put the games up early for more publicity is the smarter move.

Agreed makes no sense to me why you would wait to put up a preorder page.

Mordor isn't out yet.

Painkiller Black Edition is great. The others not as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom