• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story is all I want from MGSV I haven't had a good MG story since MGS3. It's been too long.

Are you waiting for the better performance?
Because MGSVs only issue on X1 is the not 1080p output. Unless thats a huge factor I would say if you already have it you should play it. Unless mods and such are a big factor as well.
I'm actually waiting for 1080p and for it to be on my own system. See, my friend owns the Xbone and GZ is his game, so sometimes I'll log in and play on his Xbone.

I've already played a few of the missions but want to go for harder modes and the other missions lafter.

I pretty much own only a Wii U and a PC and 3ds for now.

Jawmuncher

I'm actually waiting for 1080p and for it to be on my own system. See, my friend owns the Xbone and GZ is his game, so sometimes I'll log in and play on his Xbone.

I've already played a few of the missions but want to go for harder modes and the other missions lafter.

I pretty much own only a Wii U and a PC and 3ds for now.

Ok that makes more sense.
I was just asking because I found it odd if you had a x1 and the game yourself to decide to skip. Though since you have already played some does make the PC wait a smart move.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Are you waiting for the better performance?
Because MGSVs only issue on X1 is the not 1080p output. Unless thats a huge factor I would say if you already have it you should play it. Unless mods and such are a big factor as well.

Actually it's missing the improved lighting system and dynamic sky also.

Dr Dogg

I definitely think that will be the case. We'll get GZ by the end or early next year and same date for V as consoles.

I get the feeling some would like it sooner but although I've played it on PS3 (well the Main Op at least) January would be the idea start to the year with TPP out some months later.

Fuck the story and Queit's [REDACTED] tits, Fulton helicopters, jeeps, sheep, dogs, soldiers, underwear, boxes, sheep and let Skullface or whatever the fuck his name is do whatever he wants.

You might want to edit that Tiz. I've seen others banned saying that.

I'm still waiting too, I stopped my Xbone playthrough for it.

Well the way I see it I'm stepping up from PS3 to PC so it's a jump in resolution and framerate so it should be an experience worth playing again. Also be a nice primer to see how well MGS V might perform.

V does look like a less constrained MGS3, and considering how non-linear 3 managed to feel, I'm really looking forward to The Phantom Pain. Everything shown so far looks great, though I'm still worried about some of the controls after playing Ground Zeroes, particularly lack of leaning/fine-tuning aiming around geometry and rolling. MGS3's controls allowed for a lot of actions and they all managed to have very reliable inputs. Rolling in GZ was not intuitive, and a few other non-game-breaking, yet noticeably problematic inputs got in the way of a good game. No matter what, I'm on board though.

Yeah your thread about control schemes with limited buttons really highlighted how much MGS3 got out of a PS2 controller. I played GZ on PS3 so don't know what sort of use the Dual Shock 4 or other Xbox One gimmicks but there's a few missing features from the past games. Though some of the new box mechanics in V look as stupid as I'd expect.

Tizoc

Story is all I want from MGSV I haven't had a good MG story since MGS3. It's been too long.

Eh as I said before the story of MGS5 is really gonna conflict with all the silly things you can do in it. Don't forget that this is Kojima so he'll have some BS prepared for the end game.

I might think differently of it if I bother to take in the story though when I play the game.

Jawmuncher

Actually it's missing the improved lighting system and dynamic sky also.

Played both versions back to back and cant say I noticed. It's no doubt there though.

Eh as I said before the story of MGS5 is really gonna conflict with all the silly things you can do in it. Don't forget that this is Kojima so he'll have some BS prepared for the end game.

I might think differently of it if I bother to take in the story though when I play the game.

I think we discussed this before. My idea to it was that what I did to accomplish the game wasn't canon. If im Fultoning sheep all day, it's not effecting what's going on in the cutscenes anyway. Just like getting the snake beater trophy in mgs2. Games can be ridiculous with everything they include. But I never see that taking away from it. Oddly enough it all fits in its own way. Could see how others can't take it as easily though.

Tizoc

You might want to edit that Tiz. I've seen others banned saying that, even jokingly.

=X My bad
Gotta remember to grab Raiden III on the 29th/30th. My spending is gonna be high this October:
Persona 4 Ultimax+VLR for $85ish excluding shipping costs
Wipeout 2048+SART Vita for under $40ish excluding shipping costs

...and that's just to name a few.

H1PSTER

G-Guys my girlfriend wanted Mordor on Ps4 so I veto'd it on PC.

H-H-Help me please, I'm going to miss out on high resolution textures.

;__; my rig didn't die for this.

Tizoc

Connect your rig to the HDTV, turn on Big screen mode and play with a PS4 controller. Hide your rig and tell her you are playing the PS4 ver. :V

Jawmuncher

Actually the lighting might be there but I know the dynamic sky definitely isn't.

Regardless PC will have the options we all need. Then if someone gets stuck with either version on consoles for some reason. So long as its consistent in quality to GZ. No experience should be all that inferior to the other.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Regardless PC will have the options we all need. Then if someone gets stuck with either version on consoles for some reason. So long as its consistent in quality to GZ. No experience should be all that inferior to the other.

True, although no reason for me to get it on the PS4 anymore. lol

Jawmuncher

True, although no reason for me to get it on the PS4 anymore. lol

You're telling me. I bought both versions thinking we wouldn't see a PC version until much later. Now I can get away with just getting the PC version and the others later.
Well until they announce a limited edition.

yuraya

Snake eater had such a strong story from start to finish. All the boss fights were just amazing. and that intro song was so good as well. Such a memorable game. I wish it comes to Steam one day.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as I haven't done anyone's head in with more Ethan Cater pics this morning here's a few more.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter said:
15360500891_fc6ef903a8_o.png
15177324637_1fa44e8d5c_o.png
15340837066_8707517e4b_o.png

15177255238_bbe6888f41_o.png
15177176960_5f263c468f_o.png
15177337787_e67777db24_o.png

Miguel81

Seeing as I haven't done anyone's head in with more Ethan Cater pics this morning here's a few more.

I have to say that you have probably sold a lot of people on this game with your shots. The scenery is gorgeous, and really makes you want to take a tour of it.

Dr Dogg

How 'scary' is Ethan Carter anyways?

Well seeing as I'm plodding along looking at rock textures and getting blinded by bloom I haven't come across to many horrific moments yet. I'd say it's more eerie than scary if that makes sense. Im sure those who have finished it will fill you in more than I can though.

I have to say that you have probably sold a lot of people on this game with your shots. The scenery is gorgeous, and really makes you want to take a tour of it.

As someone said in the Screnshot thread Ethan Carter is screenshot easy mode. If you can get a good composition going most screenshots look really good due how varied the enviornement is. Though the game is a lot better in mention than a static image as the whole scene is alive with grass, tree and leaves flowing in the wind and the sound of tree creaking, birds chirping combined with a dynamic score set the tone better than just a picture. Yeah I should just play the bloody thing and stop waffling!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
goddamit Uplay

Yeah, you want to get into the habit of backing up saves after exiting the game but before exiting the client. I had that happen no less than four times with Black Flag:

- First time: I didn't think to back up my saves at all, so I lost ~96 hours
- Second time: I hadn't backed them up in a short while, so I lost a few hours
- Third time: I'd been vigilant, so I didn't lose any progress
- Fourth time: I'd recently finished the main campaign and was moving on to Freedom Cry (which is separate to the main campaign), so I didn't care

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Pffff..if I'd ask my gf where she wants to play Shadow of Mordor she'd be like "Shadow of what? Play? What? Are you talking about Star Wars again?" SO BOOOHOOOO friendo

def sim

That mod sounds way better than paying $200 for a new stick.

No doubt. While I'd love to have a second stick around, the convenience is not worth the price.

I've seen people mention using a CronusMAX to get controllers of different types to work on various platforms. May be worth looking into.

The novelty of using controllers between platform sounds fun, though I'm not too familiar with the product. I'll look into it, thanks.

Is this ip-based, cookie-based? I tried several times with hola but always that stupid goat grin saying I lost?!
Good find though, thanks topyy!
---
This game looks like walkable artystyle. The grass and trees especially make me really happy.
---
I have to say, Summer School actually looks like an interesting game. And I don't mean the hurd-dur-sexy-time good but actually well made vr-vn. Hope with morpheus getting these kinds of games, jp-devs will more likely consider or versions.
---
Yeah, you want to get into the habit of backing up saves after exiting the game but before exiting the client. I had that happen no less than four times with Black Flag:
- First time: I didn't think to back up my saves at all, so I lost ~96 hours
- Second time: I hadn't backed them up in a short while, so I lost a few hours
- Third time: I'd been vigilant, so I didn't lose any progress
- Fourth time: I'd recently finished the main campaign and was moving on to Freedom Cry (which is separate to the main campaign), so I didn't care
Hm, I want to play Far Cry 3 at some point. How do you backup saves with uplay? Gamesavemanager?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hm, I want to play Far Cry 3 at some point. How do you backup saves with uplay? Gamesavemanager?

I just did it manually. The saves are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[account id string]\[app id].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom