• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

So hyped for mordor. And the laptop i just bought (used) seems to have some kind of battery defect in it, so dunno what's going to happen with that. If i have to return it, means i won't be able to play mordor until i get my new laptop (which will mean waiting for the 900M series). :(

xBladeM6x

So hyped for mordor. And the laptop i just bought (used) seems to have some kind of battery defect in it, so dunno what's going to happen with that. If i have to return it, means i won't be able to play mordor until i get my new laptop (which will mean waiting for the 900M series). :(

I blame Ubisoft.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ruruja, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Remember Me #2 -- MB-BBEDCF6C77AB63F3 - Taken by EzioCroft. 35 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-69F2C61B0035C3DE - Taken by someguyinahat. 14 entrants total.
Remember Me #3 -- MB-B7B8620C91395793 - Taken by wilflare. 44 entrants total.

t1411816915z1.png

Only know they added more keys at random time by facebook or twitter notification.
Well thanks for letting us know then :)
---
I just did it manually. The saves are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[account id string]\[app id].
Alright, thanks. Somehow I thought that it's not that easy.
---
I like how she "flies" at the end, hah. Where's the video?

Dr Dogg

I used to get that quite often with HP laptops. Best solution without paying a small fortune for a battery out of warrenty was to go without a battery at all. Of course it did require being near a mains outlet at all times but seeing as almost every battery for HP laptops was unique to about 2 or 3 models it was certainly better than stumping up £70-£100 when they inevitably died out of warrenty.

Hmm, anyone else getting randomly logged out of steam in the browser? Since the new store went up it happens so often. I don't do anything but I get logged out and have to log in again?! I don't delete browser cookies or anything.
Thank God Steamguard doesn't force me to verify via email-code at least.

fantomena

For some reason Im still considering getting Shadow of Mordor on Steam even when I will get the PS4 copy for review. I mean, I will buy it on PC anyway, but it's just 23$ from one my my standard Putins. Decisions...

RS4-

Hmm, anyone else getting randomly logged out of steam in the browser? Since the new store went up it happens so often. I don't do anything but I get logged out and have to log in again?! I don't delete browser cookies or anything.
Thank God Steamguard doesn't force me to verify via email-code at least.

I've had the same problem for months. Every time I close my browser I get logged out of steam and only steam. Drives me nuts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, my Extreme Roads USA order was cancelled and refunded. I found another key reseller that claims to have the game but I'll hardly be shocked if history repeats itself.

Morning SteamGAF.

So, did anyone else have to re-download the entire Ethan Carter game after they pushed an update tonight? Quite pissed right now, since I almost finished the download yesterday on my slow connection and was looking forward to play through it today. Now I have to sit through almost the entire thing again >_<'

If it's not just me, devs should probably learn how to setup an efficient way of patching their game. Waste of volume for those on a capped connection, annoying for those on slow connections.

Yep, this annoyed me thoroughly last night. I was 300MB away from finishing the download and I wanted to check it out before going to sleep. Then they put out a 1GB patch that took the download size down to 1.7GB out of 5.7GB done. After an hour or so they put out another 92MB patch that reset progress back to 1.7GB.

Vuze

Yep, this annoyed me thoroughly last night. I was 300MB away from finishing the download and I wanted to check it out before going to sleep. Then they put out a 1GB patch that took the download size down to 1.7GB out of 5.7GB done. After an hour or so they put out another 92MB patch that reset progress back to 1.7GB.

Alright, thanks for the confirmation. Guess when they change something in their map or texture department you have to download the whole file again... Hope I can atleast check it out today.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

JaseC

Are keys not region lock?

Only Eastern Europe and Asia have region-specific retail subs, and the latter in particular is just region-locked at the activation level, which is easily and (thus far) safely circumvented with a VPN.

Awesome. Got it

It had AU on the side. It's not gonna be censored here is it?

Nope.

Edit:
Traders. The game isn't locked yet.
http://steamdb.info/app/268050/

It's region-locked. You're looking at the app listing, not the sub listing.

Jawmuncher

People who have woke me up with steam chat

Chariot
Ozium
Rhaknar
PunishedSnake

I need to learn to turn off my volume.
It's always funny though. Chariot still wins out though "who are you" was all he said.

JaseC

Ah...ok. Just activation locked or I can't gift the game as well?

Just activation-locked, but using a VPN to activate gift copies is playing with fire. Initially the ACRTAG flag disabled the ability for a user in Eastern Europe/South America/South-east Asia to gift/trade a game to international users directly (hence the name), but Valve later stepped back from this, probably realising that the ability to e-mail gifts rendered it pointless.

Li Kao

Hmm, am I blind or has the add to friendlist icon disappeared from steam profiles ? An enhanced steam bug ? A user brain fart ?
Mordor isn't going to buy itself damnit ! ^_^

EDIT - Oh ok, it was a steam brain fart...

Dr Dogg

Well I've broke my further MGS V blackout due to Tizoc posting some gifs in here earlier and all I can say is it needs to be out right now! Sod Shadow of Mordor, forget about The Evil Within all I want right now is The Pantom Pain.

I like how she "flies" at the end, hah. Where's the video?

And so you can giggle like an over exuberant child like me here's the vid Veggie.

http://youtu.be/TojhVB0uSDE

It's towards the end of the video but its a 25min~ playthrough showing off various bits and bobs.

Jawmuncher

Well I've broke my further MGS V blackout due to Tizoc posting some gifs in here earlier and all I can say is it needs to be out right now! Sod Shadow of Mordor, forget about The Evil Within all I want right now is The Pantom Pain.

And so you can giggle like an over exuberant child like me here's the vid Veggie.

http://youtu.be/TojhVB0uSDE

It's towards the end of the video but its a 25min~ playthrough showing off various bits and bobs.

I couldn't break my gameplay blackout if I tried. Trailers and gifs are one thing. But gameplay demos I lose all interest in after 2 minutes no matter how cool the mechanics. Since the first thing I think of is "why am I watching someone else play?"

MattyG

Banned
What are you guys' thoughts on the DR3 port? Is the performance bad enough that I should avoid it? And if not, as someone who didnt really like the first one (mostly due to the controls), is it different enough that I'd like it?

JustinBB7

So how is that Counter-Strike Nexon:Zombies game?

Gets a lot of bad reviews on Steam. I might try it out since I have all other Counter-Strikes in my library anyway and I'll get 10 cents on GMG if I play it. But it sounds pretty bad..

Edit: Oh looks like you can't even get it anymore, will come out October 7th again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom