• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

dC7SvXO.png

we meet again

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
TFTD was kinda... weird, even at release.
It was a lot harder for no visible reason, and the whole sea motif didn't really work for us.

I want to like the aquatic theme, but it just feels off. Even the small things feel off. Like one of the things that bothers me is that you can't move vertically, or at least I haven't found a way to do it yet. One of the main things that I would think a person would be able to do underwater is have some form of being able to swim. That generally includes swimming up and down. I guess the logic would be that the armor is too heavy for that? I looked it up and ended up spoiling some of the things you can unlock later on in the game, and apparently you can get armor that lets you levitate. That just seems weird to me. I guess the devs really did just copy and paste concepts from the first game into Terror.

I feel like I've walked into an episode of The Twilight Zone and everyone is speaking in gibberish or something.

Probably all my fault for bringing up Watch Dogs' performance.

The twist is that you were the Dogg all along.

L.O.R.D

yeb , DR2 is dropping too much frames in scenes where there is many zombies
i forced the game to run via my nvidia graphic card
but still it playable most of the time

and oh my god on the music in the pause screen

ya, but I vaguely remember they gave a steam key for some of games in that bundle, what surprised me, don't remember which one though.

You might be thinking of the Android Bundles (which were renamed PC & Android Bundles to reduce confusion), since they traditionally had Steam keys, DRM-Free PC, and Android versions. Mobile Bundles have always been Android-only, unless there's some exception I'm forgetting about.

Turfster

I want to like the aquatic theme, but it just feels off. Even the small things feel off.
Yeah.
It's basically the original with a blue filter on it.
It only had a one year turnaround time, so it sort of makes sense, but still...
The biggest problem was that they used exactly the same physics as above the sea.

I was at 1002 a while ago but steam sorta changed how you count games again and lost a few

Didn't shadownet gift you 1,001 spikes for #1000 (I seem to recall this because I noted that it would have been a better gift if it was your 1,001st game...)

So what's he going to gift you this time? ;)

Have any of you guys ever purchased from Nuuvem (I think that's how you spell it)? Good or no?

Nope, never. Nobody in here has ever ever purchased from them and it wasn't ever a good deal because of the USD to R exchange rates. :-#

Arthea

You might be thinking of the Android Bundles (which were renamed PC & Android Bundles to reduce confusion), since they traditionally had Steam keys, DRM-Free PC, and Android versions. Mobile Bundles have always been Android-only, unless there's some exception I'm forgetting about.

Thanks for clearing that up. Ya, I've probably mistaken Android PC bundle for Mobile.

MattyG

Banned
Yes. No problem whatsoever. Watch out, though, some games are only for SA.

yeah, didn't have any problems with them

yes and yes it's good

Alot. Just check for region locks.
Awesome, thanks for the responses. Couple other questions though; there's no problems with purchasing with a US debit card, is there? It just converts it automatically? And do you think using prepaid debit card would work? I just opened my checking account today, won't be getting the card until Thursday and I want to buy Shadow of Mordor. My banker said if I needed to buy anything online before the card came they could give me a preloaded debit card with the funds I need. I'd just hate to get the preloaded debit card and have it get rejected or the funds just disappear.

Nope, never. Nobody in here has ever ever purchased from them and it wasn't ever a good deal because of the USD to R exchange rates. :-#
Ahhh, we got us a smart ass here, ehh? ;)

Vargavinter

Awesome, thanks for the responses. Couple other questions though; there's no problems with purchasing with a US debit card, is there? It just converts it automatically? And do you think using prepaid debit card would work? I just opened my checking account today, won't be getting the card until Thursday and I want to buy Shadow of Mordor. My banker said if I needed to buy anything online before the card came they could give me a preloaded debit card with the funds I need. I'd just hate to get the preloaded debit card and have it get rejected or the funds just disappear.

Im using my EU-card to pay.

I haven't bought anything through them but I have bought things from a Japanese site and I had to call my bank and get them to allow international purchases for my debit card. Was just a simple call to make but that's what I had to do. To be safe you can call whoever your bank is and check to see if you have to do that.

Did people in the Steam Communityhub for Cho Dengeki Stryker ever played VNs? So many people are mad that it doesnt feature the H-scenes, apparently "fans of eroges!", while they dont realize that most of the time those VNs arent really about the H-scenes but the story.
If you remove the H-scenes, nothing will be lost concerning the story as with a lot of VNs...

From what I can deduce it was an asset exchange issue with the engine and it couldn't handle the larger textures at launch. While it's still a little screwy from me with Ultra Textures and they are still off the cards, just changing textures to High and leaving the resolution as stupidly high like I do it's miles smoother than it was at launch.
Basically I'll briefly describe this and hopefully without making a tit of myself. Even though 60fps looks all good and well that doesn't tell the whole story as a smooth delivery would be 60 frames delivered at 16 milliseconds each over 1 second. But if you get a choppy update that delivers 30 frames at 8ms and the other 30 at 33ms you would still get a reported framerate of 60fps despite it being uneven.
Does that make sense? That's why looking just at framerate isn't really a good idea to problem solve (or benchmark even as lots of sites still do). In fact Afterburner stats aren't all that good either due to how they are collected. There's a great article about frametiming and how it's better for analysis over at PC Perspective and how they use a system developed by Nvidia (well in most part I think) called FCAT. I'll dig you out a link and edit it in.
Edit: Here you go. Hopefully it's not as screwy as the last one.
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Dissected-Full-Details-Capture-based-Graphics-Performance-Testin
I really learned something, hah. Thanks and it does make sense. While reading benchmarks I will have to take a closer look at frametimes as wel from now on it seems.
Will read the article tomorrow.
---
Guys, what can you gift someone who already owns almost all games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, my Extreme Roads USA order was cancelled and refunded. I found another key reseller that claims to have the game but I'll hardly be shocked if history repeats itself.

History repeated itself. Retail copy it is.

L.O.R.D

question , i am aware that they add RU tag to witcher 3
but can be activated to normal accounts
if they activate region lock ,will the game be playable ?
or i have to add it to my account before region lock ?

Kiru

Add it before it get's the proper region lock tag, just to be safe.

MUnited83

For you.

Add to your account before region lock. If the region lock gets activated you can't add it to your account at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

In theory CDPR could lock it down such that it'd be unplayable for you, but in practice this isn't going to happen. It's too late for that and has been since the moment the RU sub was put up in a region-free state.

MattyG

Banned
I just realized that I can just withdraw the cash from my bank account, get Steam wallet cards and buy Shadow of Mordor and Alien with keys and it'll be cheaper than jumping through hoops with a prepaid debit card on GMG or Nuuvem. Duh. I think it'll end up being like $60 or 70 dollars that way, compared to $76 on GMG (and a lot of hassle). Hopefully neither of those games are region locked though.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

99 Spirits -- MB-437443251A1B6E95 - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-C58E4A8EC7ED6CE0 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-1D4FFA61FB3721BA - Taken by famfrit
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-CB0F42DED1B78D06 - Taken by InfiniteNine. 1 entrants total.

t1411857959z1.png

99 Spirits is Desura but I forgot to tell modbot that

L.O.R.D

Add it before it get's the proper region lock tag, just to be safe.

Add to your account before region lock. If the region lock gets activated you can't add it to your account at all.

In theory CDPR could lock it down such that it'd be unplayable for you, but in practice this isn't going to happen. It's too late for that and has been since the moment the RU sub was put up in a region-free state.
thanks
right now , i am not interested in W3 , i haven't played W2 yet
and i don't think my laptop will be able to play it anyway
i'll wait till i get better PC then buy it
maybe late 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom