• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think Commander: The Great War is coming back. The Slitherine rep hasn't updated the Steam Community thread regarding its removal in almost a week despite saying that it "should be back up tomorrow".

erm,stupid question, as the store page does jackshit do answer this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/

If I buy the "Alien: Isolation - Deluxe Edition DLC" I'm supposed to get the same content I would get by getting "Alien: Isolation Digital Deluxe Edition"(The Digital Deluxe Edition includes the full game of Alien: Isolation, Crew Expendable bonus content and the complete Season Pass giving you access to all 5 add-on packs once released.)

I ask because the thing is half the price of the season pass.

You get the Season Pass:

Code:
282511	Unknown	SteamDB Unknown App 282511
324020	Unknown	SteamDB Unknown App 324020 (Alien: Isolation - Season Pass)
324030	DLC	Deluxe Edition DLC

MUnited83

For you.
I would imagine you get whatever's in the Digital Deluxe edition, including the season pass, since that's included. I'm not sure why they even put up the season pass already, since it costs more to buy the base game and that together.. But yeah, they could make that a bit clearer.

I don't think Commander: The Great War is coming back. The Slitherine rep hasn't updated the Steam Community thread regarding its removal in almost a week despite saying that it "should be back up tomorrow".

You get the Season Pass:

Code:
282511	Unknown	SteamDB Unknown App 282511
324020	Unknown	SteamDB Unknown App 324020 (Alien: Isolation - Season Pass)
324030	DLC	Deluxe Edition DLC
Thanks! Now to decide if I should get it from a Russian or not... I got the game on AMD so I can only activate it on release day or a couple of days before at max, and I'm afraid they will region lock the Deluxe Edition DLC.

Lomax

Thanks! Now to decide if I should get it from a Russian or not... I got the game on AMD so I can only activate it on release day or a couple of days before at max, and I'm afraid they will region lock the Deluxe Edition DLC.

I'm sure JaseC will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure right now there's only one package being sold, meaning as long as you get a gift copy now, it will work fine forever, they'd have to add a new sub that would be RU only and region locked and that wouldn't impact prior purchases. That said, the RU price is only like $5 less.

I let my steam chat sound on, come at me!

Is he another console gamer in denial?

I do too.
And probably.

I know that pain. Swap Alien from AMD with Evil Within from GMG.

please do not get me confused with the following members

Mono

Mokoi

thank you

:3

I'm fully aware of the difference, although other SteamGAF posters may not be. :p

MUnited83

For you.
I'm sure JaseC will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure right now there's only one package being sold, meaning as long as you get a gift copy now, it will work fine forever, they'd have to add a new sub that would be RU only and region locked.

That would be the case if I could activate the DLC right now, yes. But I can't because I have to wait for the AMD keys to be sent. And in the meantime the gifting/trading restriction tag could be applied and retroactively region lock it before I'm able to activate it.

Lomax

That would be the case if I could activate the DLC right now, yes. But I can't because I have to wait for the AMD keys to be sent. And in the meantime the gifting/trading restriction tag could be applied and retroactively region lock it before I'm able to activate it.

What I'm saying is the ones right now are indistinguishable from each other, there's no way to know if it was purchased from a RU store or the US store, so there's no way they could alter it retroactively.

liezryou

What I'm saying is the ones right now are indistinguishable from each other, there's no way to know if it was purchased from a RU store or the US store, so there's no way they could alter it retroactively.

Well actually they can, they have a purchased in country tag that applies to gifts. But i do agree with you that the deluxe edition DLC has a 99.9% chance of not getting locked if you buy it right now and keep it in your inventory.

Lomax

Well actually they can, they have a purchased in country tag that applies to gifts. But i do agree with you that the deluxe edition DLC has a 99.9% chance of not getting locked if you buy it right now and keep it in your inventory.

So just making the purchase in another country alters it permanently? Didn't know that. I thought it required a separate package.

MattyG

Banned
Neither Shadow of Mordor nor Alien are region locked, correct (I really need to learn how to check for myself)? I'm going to buy them from a trader on Monday if they aren't.

MUnited83

For you.
So just making the purchase in another country alters it permanently? Didn't know that. I thought it required a separate package.
It used to be that way before, but now they can region lock games with the same package

Neither Shadow of Mordor nor Alien are region locked, correct (I really need to learn how to check for myself)? I'm going to buy them from a trader on Monday if they aren't.

Both are region free at the moment. I advise you to get Shadow of Mordor quickly though. It may get locked when it releases.(like what happened with Gauntlet recently)

Miguel81

FYI, in case you're unaware, Rome II EE isn't on sale at all.

I can't get excited about Rome II when it will be wholly replaced by Attila, much like Empire was with Napoleon.

Not buying Rome II EE here, just a test for the free weekend. Thanks for the heads up on Attila btw.

Shogun 2 is going into my backlog, as I prefer that setting to Rome.

MattyG

Banned
Both are region free at the moment. I advise you to get Shadow of Mordor quickly though. It may get locked when it releases.(like what happened with Gauntlet recently)
Okay, cool. I'm hoping I can get the Steam wallet cards and thus the keys on Monday. Gonna be cutting it close!

-Deimos

How often do games get region locked before they release? I already pre-ordered a few games that never ended up getting locked.

JaseC

Yeah, there's a record of where the sub was purchased. E.g.:

licencepjcku.jpg

So what we are learning is that Valve still won't do all your marketing for your game and that you still have to do something yourself? crazy.

I'm inclined to agree, people hated being shoved off the new releases so quickly with the deluge of daily entries, at least this way you have a chance at getting your title some kind of extended exposure and with at least some aspect not entirely dictated by raw sales numbers. The curator system is the real step in the right direction, if still imperfect being skewed towards the more popular curators. They need to get on that tastes/curators matching algorithm to ironically improve the discoverability of their improved discoverability. You can't give fairly weighed coverage because quality is subjective and there's just too much out there. Valve was never gonna be able to please everyone.

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, I'm in the mood for a new game to play tonight. I've narrowed it down to the following:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Fall
The Swapper

I kind of want a moody, slightly creepy, mysterious game. Which would you guys recommend?

Also, how is Dysfunctional Systems, the visual novel? Any good?

Turfster

lol ello is already showing its true colors.
"Privacy comes at a cost" and will need to be paid for, apparently.
That didn't take long.

So guys, I'm in the mood for a new game to play tonight. I've narrowed it down to the following:

The swapper is the only one I played, but it's a very very good moody, creepy and mysterious game.

Mordeccai

Oh man, Witcher 3 is getting tagged for region lock?

Does this mean my wallet must part with $18 tonight to pick up a cheap copy? Or do I have a week to wait for my next pay day?

Not buying Rome II EE here, just a test for the free weekend. Thanks for the heads up on Attila btw.

Shogun 2 is going into my backlog, as I prefer that setting to Rome.

Good taste - Shogun 2 is my preferred Total War game.

I only wish the Total War games didn't have such half-baked strategic map aspect.

JaseC

Oh man, Witcher 3 is getting tagged for region lock?

Does this mean my wallet must part with $18 tonight to pick up a cheap copy? Or do I have a week to wait for my next pay day?

The situation is the same as it's been for the past few months.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Fall
The Swapper

I kind of want a moody, slightly creepy, mysterious game. Which would you guys recommend?

Also, how is Dysfunctional Systems, the visual novel? Any good?

I haven't played The Fall, but I seriously doubt it's better than The Swapper. I have played and finished Ethan Carter. It's pretty, but it's nowhere near as good as The Swapper.

The Swapper was game of the year material. It is better than most games released each year. It wins this competition.

Miker

I haven't played The Fall, but I seriously doubt it's better than The Swapper. I have played and finished Ethan Carter. It's pretty, but it's nowhere near as good as The Swapper.

The Swapper was game of the year material. It is better than most games released each year. It wins this competition.

Agreed that The Swapper is excellent. That said, I didn't really care for the story - it was all kind of background noise for me until the final twist. It's still a great and satisfying puzzle game at its core.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Agreed that The Swapper is excellent. That said, I didn't really care for the story - it was all kind of background noise for me until the final twist. It's still a great and satisfying puzzle game at its core.

I was happier with the vague Swapper story and a sweet ending than Ethan Carter's intriguing premise that completely falters and fails to deliver a gratifying conclusion.

kurahador

Holy shit at the Portal 2 finale. Yes, I finally got around to clearing it from my backlog.

How do you make a sequel with that?

Hopefully they don't.

A sequel would mean introducing alot more elements to the story/universe and featuring Glados again which already felt tired halfway through Portal 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom