• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

Both are region free at the moment. I advise you to get Shadow of Mordor quickly though. It may get locked when it releases.(like what happened with Gauntlet recently)

I'm so scared of this, bought off Nuuvem but didn't realize they won't give keys until release day sooooooooo.. pretty boned if they do lock it on release.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm so scared of this, bought off Nuuvem but didn't realize they won't give keys until release day sooooooooo.. pretty boned if they do lock it on release.

You will be fine, the region lock if it happens will only apply to steam gifts, not to keys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I dont think they'll make one, they said they're done with Portal

Gabe said that Portal 2 will probably be Valve's last "traditional single-player experience", but what that means exactly remains up for debate. While I agree that there's really no room for a Portal sequel, a prequel set during ApSci's yesteryears -- as Portal 2 was originally -- is still something I'd like to see, and to that end I'm still hoping that F-STOP becomes a thing at some point (I'd long assumed it already was, but alas last year's second JIRA leak made the opposite rather clear).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Gabe said that Portal 2 will probably be Valve's last "traditional single-player experience", but what that means exactly remains up for debate. I'm still hoping that F-STOP becomes a thing at some point (I'd long assumed it already was, but alas last year's second JIRA leak made the opposite rather clear).

so, in other words - Portal 3 will be a moba ;)

Oh, hey, Corrosive: You have Uncarded/Uncharted: Fight for Fortune, yeah?

I do not.

so, in other words - Portal 3 will be a moba ;)

How could it not be.

Hopefully they don't.

A sequel would mean introducing alot more elements to the story/universe and featuring Glados again which already felt tired halfway through Portal 2.

Halfway? Methinks you're too generous sir.
GlaDOS was tired by the end of Portal, for me. Probably partially because of the meme status generated by the internet... but regardless of why, I definitely was sick of GlaDOS pretty early on.

Only redeeming part of Portal 2 was seeing her stuck in a potato.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Maybe this got already mentioned but the Pier Solar page is up

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286220/

The game will be 15$

I'm not a big fan of JRPGs, but this looks... really nice.

MUnited83

For you.
Do we know if this
ChannelWide-Steam.jpg

is going to be pre-order exclusive or will it be available for purchase separately in the future? Might be what takes me over the edge and buy it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do we know if this
ChannelWide-Steam.jpg

is going to be pre-order exclusive or will it be available for purchase separately in the future? Might be what takes me over the edge and buy it.

Publishers are generally careful not to make any suggestions that pre-order incentives will be available for purchase individually at a later date, such is the case here.

Shadownet

Banned
I finally found the solution to my Witcher 2 problem. Where during fistfights, there was no health bar over the enemy. I had to uninstall and reinstall it twice. But I believe the problem was the Combat Rebalance Mod. I didn't uninstall it the first time I uninstall the base game. But I did it the 2nd time and it work just fine now.

I asked on the CD Project Red forum but it seem like no one knew the answer either. Glad I'll be able to move on with this game now.

MUnited83

For you.
Publishers are generally careful not to make any suggestions that pre-order incentives will be available for purchase individually at a later date, such is the case here.

Knowing WB, they will probably be available individually... Still...decisions decisions >->

Shadownet

Banned
Knowing WB, they will probably be available individually... Still...decisions decisions >->
Anyone who does not have Shadow of Mordor by the 1st of October will be deleted off of my friends list, if you have it wishlisted.

No, but really. You should buy it now before the sale end. 30% off is pretty great.

Lomax

I finally found the solution to my Witcher 2 problem. Where during fistfights, there was no health bar over the enemy. I had to uninstall and reinstall it twice. But I believe the problem was the Combat Rebalance Mod. I didn't uninstall it the first time I uninstall the base game. But I did it the 2nd time and it work just fine now.

I asked on the CD Project Red forum but it seem like no one knew the answer either. Glad I'll be able to move on with this game now.

So was it a bug with the mod, or with a failed prior install? I'm still debating whether to use the mod or not the next time I give the game a try.

Anyone who does not have Shadow of Mordor by the 1st of October will be deleted off of my friends list, if you have it wishlisted.

No, but really. You should buy it now before the sale end. 30% off is pretty great.
October first? It unlocks on 9/30 in GMT +8 time here, y'all need VPN!

MUnited83

For you.

Thing is that I doubt that my laptop is going to run it in a playable manner at all. In the other hand, the russian price is pretty good and it's the cheapest that it's going to be for while if it gets region locked.

Shadownet

Banned
So was it a bug with the mod, or with a failed prior install? I'm still debating whether to use the mod or not the next time I give the game a try.

I'm pretty sure it was a bug with the mod itself. I remember installing Witcher 2 the first time and immediately install the Combat mod. So I never got a chance to play it without that mod until now. But one thing to note though. On the CD Projeckt Red website there is a link for their COmbat Rebalance Mod. But IIRC I might have downloaded mine off of the Nexus site. Which probably is the same version of the CD Projeckt Red version with a tweak or two. Those tweaks might be the reason why there was a bug. I'm going to try downloading the CD Projekt Red one and see if the bug is there also. Hopefully not.

October first? It unlocks on 9/30 in GMT +8 time here, y'all need VPN!

Yeah it unlock on September 30th like JaseC said. I just wanted to give people an extra day to read all the GAF impressions before they decide to jump on the wagon :p

Deitus

Wait, where is it 30% off? I thought it was only the Season Pass that was 30% off (the game with season pass included is 10% and the base game is full price). Is there a sale somewhere else?

Doesn't really matter to me either way though, because my game is already preloading. Don't think I'm going to spring for the season pass just yet though, even with the deal. It's hard to tell from the description if the season pass even offers a substantial amount of content, much less if it's any good.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I'm hyped. So much so that I changed my avatar to my favorite character from my favorite genesis era jrpg. I also made the OT.

I hope all of you have fun with mordor but I'll be playing this.

I will also playing this before Mordor ;)

But the game was released 2010, I wouldn't call it Mega Drive, never heard of this Ge-ne-sis, era. But I'm really looking forward to it.

Still need to finish the last chapter of Trails in the Sky before that thou

Shadownet

Banned
Whoops my bad. Yeah the Season Pass is 30% off while the Premium Edition is 10% off. I mean in Russian price. Under $30 for the Premium Edition is nice. I got mine as a gift, but it was $26.

Parsnip

That Dreamcast logo in the Pier Solar trailer, I don't even know how to react to that.
I guess the devs like Sega hardware.

Skyzard

Banned
Whoops my bad. Yeah the Season Pass is 30% off while the Premium Edition is 10% off. I mean in Russian price. Under $30 for the Premium Edition is nice. I got mine as a gift, but it was $26.

That's really cheap, any chance I can get in on that or do I have to hunt the interwebs for keys or something?

Tellaerin

please do not get me confused with the following members

Mono

Mokoi

thank you

:3

There's no way I'd confuse you with your parents.
; )

I'm hyped. So much so that I changed my avatar to my favorite character from my favorite genesis era jrpg. I also made the OT.

I hope all of you have fun with mordor but I'll be playing this.

RealityExists, once again showing that excellent taste in games. Much as I love PSO/PSU, I can't help but wish Sega would give us a real Phantasy Star sequel, even though I know it's hopeless at this point.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way I'd confuse you with your parents.
; )

I just assumed that Monosukoi was just an alt account that both Mono and Mokoi used when they forgot their passwords
:p

Well, that sucks :/

I guess it's to be expected since it's a Microsoft console exclusive originating from Japan, though. They really don't have great track records with those.

Next week is going to be sooo dope. First my birthday is on monday,

Happy early birthday :D

Next week is going to be sooo dope. First my birthday is on monday, then shadow of mordor, then smash(which ill get a day or two earlier), new episode of south park, key and peele, and season 4 of korra! Oooh sweet baby jesus, its going to be a good ass week. Only shitty thing is that I still got to wor (for free) from 6 to 6pm. :(

Damn it. I need someone to play against in Ranked Online. :/ Community is pretty much dead and I need to knock that win out so I can focus on the singleplayer.

Sorry man... If they ever put it free on PS+, I'd be glad to help you out.

Welp, this is what I wasted my day on. No regrets.

l2eb.jpg

Hmmm, maybe I should install this and knock out 100%.
Nothing too frustrating there, I assume?

I just assumed that Monosukoi was just an alt account that both Mono and Mokoi used when they forgot their passwords
:p

Well, that sucks :/

I guess it's to be expected since it's a Microsoft console exclusive originating from Japan, though. They really don't have great track records with those.

Mono and Monosukoi are the two not on my Steam Friends list.
Mokoi is #TNTD who gifted me a great game I haven't gotten to yet.

Do Microsoft console exclusives on the Xbone have a good track record to begin with?
DR3 and Ryse are already headed to PC probably in part because the Xbone sales were not enough to make the game profitable.

iosefe

Next week is going to be sooo dope. First my birthday is on monday, then shadow of mordor, then smash(which ill get a day or two earlier), new episode of south park, key and peele, and season 4 of korra! Oooh sweet baby jesus, its going to be a good ass week. Only shitty thing is that I still got to wor (for free) from 6 to 6pm. :(

happy birth

Tellaerin

Are you a wizard? >.>

(Happy birthday, btw! :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom