• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strike 1:
Xboner exclusive
Strike 2:
is seen as a Kinect control title
Strike 3:
it's cray cray

All of these limit the amount of people that will buy it =p

Very true.

Strike 3 doesn't bother me if the game is good... but It's on Xbone AND uses Kinect? Automatic no sale, especially if I were to perceive that Kinect was integral to the experience.

Then again, I'm the crazy bastard who has a grudge against KLEI and just tweeted the devs of Ethan Carter asking about an achievement patch once they launch the PS4 version.

It's selling poorly because Microsoft literally came out and said "Hey, this is out tomorrow" after an extended period of radio silence. Which seems incredibly silly but hey, at least they funded it.

SWERY isn't Beyonce.

it was marketed (heh) as a Kinect-focused game when it was first revealed.

And we all know how people react to that.

iRF1CgG.gif

Jawmuncher

It tells you flat out when you start the game you can use the controller. But yeah that fact should have been main with the kinect secondary.
Game is great though did my part and bought it.

TGMIII

Not sure what people expected with D4. An extremely niche title on a platform that's still feeling the hurt from microsofts botched DRM plans.

tmarg

Not sure what people expected with D4. An extremely niche title on a platform that's still feeling the hurt from microsofts botched DRM plans.

Not just that, but they went extremely dude-bro with the way they promoted the system. It was pretty much all NFL/Halo/Titanfall etc. Sony was the company that put forward the impression that they were embracing all the interesting quirky stuff, even though a lot of it isn't exclusive.

So even though the One's install base isn't terrible, they probably don't have the right type of audience to market this to.

Grief.exe

That's really unfortunate to hear about the current state of D4. Assuredly that kind of quirky, yet good game would have spread through Steam via word of mouth.

Tizoc

OK I'm a few hours away from finishing Fable...I've totally forgotten some of the combat moves cuz I hate always struggling with enemies that block my attacks and the charge attack never comes out sometimes.

It unlocks everywhere 2d14h from now.

Sooooo 9 PM on Sep. 30th for me.

Does Mordor have a pre-load?

MUnited83

For you.
OK I'm a few hours away from finishing Fable...I've totally forgotten some of the combat moves cuz I hate always struggling with enemies that block my attacks and the charge attack never comes out sometimes.

Sooooo 9 PM on Sep. 30th for me.

Does Mordor have a pre-load?

Yep, preload is live.

FloatOn

RealityExists, once again showing that excellent taste in games. Much as I love PSO/PSU, I can't help but wish Sega would give us a real Phantasy Star sequel, even though I know it's hopeless at this point.

thanks pal. I'm with you on PS5. The new game from zeboyd is our last best hope.

Shadownet

Banned
That's really cheap, any chance I can get in on that or do I have to hunt the interwebs for keys or something?

I would help you out but currently my trader told me to keep the shop closed. So I can't help anyone out right now sadly :/ I want everyone to get Mordor.

Tizoc

Yep, preorder is live.

I'll just assume you typo-ed, but thanks, how big is the preload? Gonna start it when I get back home, need to also reformat my brother's lappy so it runs Windows 7 since it oddly crashed on him yesterday and he had to reformat @_@

I want to get Mordor but honestly I need to stop buying games right now. I've pretty much bought most of what I was wanting and none of it was at full price thanks to bundles, sales, GAF posts, etc so at least that helped things out. I'll pick it up later though.

I want to get Mordor but honestly I need to stop buying games right now. I've pretty much bought most of what I was wanting and none of it was at full price thanks to bundles, sales, GAF posts, etc so at least that helped things out. I'll pick it up later though.
We are the guardian of the industry.

MUnited83

For you.
I'll just assume you typo-ed, but thanks, how big is the preload? Gonna start it when I get back home, need to also reformat my brother's lappy so it runs Windows 7 since it oddly crashed on him yesterday and he had to reformat @_@

yep, typo, sorry :p. I believe the preload is about 35 GB.

Made it to 400 Steam games thanks to a bundle that had Blades of Time in it. Big deal for me; I'm not much of a collector.

Thank you, SteamGAF. Never would have bought so many shitty bundle fodder games if I hadn't lurked in this thread for years.

Milamber

I just spent around $1500 this month to service my 5 year old car. I told myself no new games this month. But then the SoM reviews hit. I'm sweating here.

Atomski

That's really unfortunate to hear about the current state of D4. Assuredly that kind of quirky, yet good game would have spread through Steam via word of mouth.

This is what blows my mind. Everyone keeps blaming MS due to marketing.. yet so many Steam games sell great with almost none.

Made it to 400 Steam games thanks to a bundle that had Blades of Time in it. Big deal for me; I'm not much of a collector.

Thank you, SteamGAF. Never would have bought so many shitty bundle fodder games if I hadn't lurked in this thread for years.
A year ago I have a hundred and seventy something games, I have 450 now, GAF did that to me.

Only the minority buys from traders, and bundles are optional, no game is forced into one.
The original post that your responded to was in regards to bundles and "deals" of undisclosed origin :p

This is what blows my mind. Everyone keeps blaming MS due to marketing.. yet so many Steam games sell great with almost none.
Sudden, surprise hits like Rust are few and far between. Not to say many games don't do incredibly well on steam, but I imagine the expectations or "selling great" point for something like Neverending Nightmares and D4 are somewhat different.

MUnited83

For you.
The original post that your responded to was in regards to bundles and "deals" of undisclosed origin :p

Sudden, surprise hits like Rust are few and far between. Not to say many games don't do incredibly well on steam, but I imagine the expectations or "selling great" point for something like Neverending Nightmares and D4 are somewhat different.

I'd hardly call Rust a sudden surprise hit. I mean yeah, it sold well beyond expectactions, but it's a Garry's game. Good sales were basically guaranteed.

GAF Giveaways/Raffles, Humble Bundle Store, Green Man Gaming, Bundle Stars...I've never used a Russian key or anything of the sort

and I did pay full price for a game...bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter at full price this week (forgot about that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom