• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
So I just downloaded the Full Combat Rebalance Mod directly from CD Projeckt Red website and installed it. Yup, it gave me the same problem where the health bar for enemies didn't show up during fistfights and enemies were invincible.

I might try downloading it from the Nexus website to see if it will have the same problem or not.

I read the notepad document and something stood out. the creator of the mod said that he included something that multiply the health of the enemies to give the game a bit more challenge during mid and late stages of the game. Now I'm only in the early stage, but I'm assuming that something went wrong and that might be why the bug appeared.

Tizoc

Has gamersgate sent out the codes/keys for Sherlock Holmes yet?

yep, typo, sorry :p. I believe the preload is about 35 GB.

Sigh, gonna finish up Fable to save up 10ish GB (or however small it is) and get this sucker started. Sherlock Holmes is like 10ish GB too based on gamersgate so I'll put Mordor's dl on hold while I have SH finish downloading.

and I did pay full price for a game...bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter at full price this week (forgot about that)

Oh trust me you'll be forgetting a lot of stuff come sales when you go to get a game and then suddenly get the message 'You already own this game'

Parsnip

I'd rather Swery still patch DP first.

Access Games had nothing to do with the PC (or PS3 DC for that matter) port afaik. PS3 DC was done by Toybox, maybe PC port as well.

Also, he doesn't have the rights to DP (anymore?).
https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/515288134175580160

I'm only guessing, but maybe Rising Star Games holds all the cards now, considering The Director's Cut on both PS3 and PC were published by them. And apparently the PS3 version is crap too and could have really used at least one more patch.

Such a shame all the same.

The PS3 version of the DP director's cut is better than the 360 version in some respects, worse in others. Half of the shooting segments run worse while others are much better, and certain scenes like the split perspective chases that ran at 10 FPS in the 360 version run at a steady 30. Is weird!

MattyG

Banned
Well that was weird and terrifying. I was idling some games all day today when, just before I'm about to go to bed, Windows changes the theme to the plain one it does when it says it wants to improve performance. Then I hear this quiet, high pitched squeal from my case, almost like when you slowly let the air out of a balloon with the ends pulled. After a minute it stops and the theme goes back to normal. I couldn't identify what component it was coming from, although it was definitely the GPU/CPU area. What the hell??

Edit: just found this. Not too encouraging. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1930124/random-crash-heck-happened.html

And now that I think of it, the sound was kind of like coil whine. Only thing is, no games were running. The only things open were steam and Idlemaster.

Kanokare

I liked the mechanics of it when I went through the tutorial, but being multiplayer competitive only meant it was worthless to me. Maybe if it is bizarrely successful we'll get a single player game based on it eventually.

Not that bad for the hour I played for a multiplayer only game. It's like Left 4 Dead in a way. Hope it plays out well cause it definitely exceeded my expectations and my expectations for the game was pretty low. Maybe because I didn't get my hopes up the game was good o_O

Tellaerin

Semi-random question: Does anyone here play Neotokyo? It doesn't look to have bot support (sadly), so I can't really mess with it offline to see how it is, but it seems like the kind of thing I'd be interested in. (Score one for the Discovery Queue. :p )

Levyne

Banned
Semi-random question: Does anyone here play Neotokyo? It doesn't look to have bot support (sadly), so I can't really mess with it offline to see how it is, but it seems like the kind of thing I'd be interested in. (Score one for the Discovery Queue. :p )

I've never played it, but that soundtrack is awesome

This is what blows my mind. Everyone keeps blaming MS due to marketing.. yet so many Steam games sell great with almost none.

PC users are more informed about games than Xbone users.

I had 800 at the end of January this year. I'm at 1843 right now. I do wonder if this rhythm will keep up.

It cannot sustain itself. We are not JaseC.
Though I somehow overtook Rhaknar... never thought that would happen....

Huh?
Game crashes before I can even start it.
It's not performing at all.

(and I've tried the fixes)

Maybe it just doesn't like you.

BasilZero

Maybe this got already mentioned but the Pier Solar page is up

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286220/

The game will be 15$

WHOA

Didnt know this was coming out on Steam so soon :O

Wishlisted!

Oreoleo

I played a few rounds of it. It's like future Counter-Strike CTF (at least the map I played). Very fast TTK with some interesting gadgets like invisibility and heat vision. Seemed like everyone else in the server had been playing it forever in spite of it being relatively new, so I under-perfomed, got frustrated, and quit. Seemed pretty solid, not sure how balanced the classes are though.

Edit: seems it's been around for a while but only recently hit steam, hence the above-average skill level of the players. I imagine if you got some friends involved it would be a lot of fun.

a bajillion years ago it was pretty fun

i have no clue if anyone plays it anymore

Shade

Old bundle stuff, should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

star wolves 3 -- MB-0E404F1D9F52D49B - Taken by Iztli. 1 entrants total.
Dino D-Day -- MB-2F079933AB2A901D - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.
hacker evolution duality Dlc 3 -- MB-E97CC56885B1E5BA - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-79982C5F5526C6DF - Taken by Buttonbasher. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-E675BA321AABE3FA - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-D864C17D7696FAED - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Razor2 Hidden Skies -- MB-D095EE7C73E5F586 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
39 steps #2 -- MB-94B8C7D3D6FD5115 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
39 steps -- MB-2E600289A3C28D17 - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.
dirt 2 -- MB-A8F1C676D321109C - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.

t1411885020z1.png

Yakkue

So Deadly Premonition is performing well on the PC now. How's the gamepad support?

Works fine for me. I initially couldn't start it, but after reinstalling PhysX everything is running smoothly (currently 12 hours in). I'm playing with a 360pad.

Shadownet

Banned
This is weird. I can't right click in the Stream thread. I can do it in every other threads. But when I do it here. Nothing pop up. (I was trying to copy and paste)

Miguel81

Works fine for me. I initially couldn't start it, but after reinstalling PhysX everything is running smoothly (currently 12 hours in). I'm playing with a 360pad.

Thanks for sharing. I'll keep the PhysX part in mind when I get the game, and if I run into any problem. I'm currently using a DS3 in Xinput mode and it shouldn't give me any trouble if your 360 pad is working.

This is weird. I can't right click in the Stream thread. I can do it in every other threads. But when I do it here. Nothing pop up. (I was trying to copy and paste)

That's strange. Modbot trolling?

Soule

I used to play it years ago, was pretty fun. Maybe a bit dated now but had some cool class interactions and I actually really liked it, didn't have enough people unfortunately. Shattered Horizon was another multiplayer shooter I liked but didn't have the population there.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, I just played through The Swapper in one 4-hours sitting. That was pretty good, though I admit there were 3-4 puzzles I had to look up. Still, I feel like a goddamn genius for solving most of them without help. Exactly what I was looking for so thanks to those that recommended it. I think I got most of the story but I'll probably end up looking for other people's take on it as I do have some questions about it.
If the playable character was one of the scavenger's clones, how did it gain consciousness? for example.

To those who played The Fall, how would you guys compare them?

Copons

Thanks for sharing. I'll keep the PhysX part in mind when I get the game, and if I run into any problem. I'm currently using a DS3 in Xinput mode and it shouldn't give me any trouble if your 360 pad is working.

It should be said though that even reinstalling PhysX doesn't guarantee anything...

AFAIK the only proved thing that reduces the possibilities of crashes (and still "decays" over time) is playing as soon as possible after booting up the computer, which is a more polite way to say that restarting actually (and randomly) fixes some problems.

Miguel81

It should be said though that even reinstalling PhysX doesn't guarantee anything...

AFAIK the only proved thing that reduces the possibilities of crashes (and still "decays" over time) is playing as soon as possible after booting up the computer, which is a more polite way to say that restarting actually (and randomly) fixes some problems.

What the hell kinda port is this?

Miguel81

Hmm I think it might be Google Chrome.. Firefox work just fine. But its weird that its only Steam thread.

Speaking of random anomalies, the youtube volume adjustment isn't working(stuck on max). Almost blew out my eardrums.

That ten dollar half life bundle looks mighty tempting but Im afraid it'll just make me sad since half life 3 is never coming out

Did you just make member? If so, congrats.

Half-Life 2 = nausea to me. And FoV adjustments didn't cure anything. ugh....

Miguel81

I didn't have any problems with 2, but the original Half-Life definitely makes me sick. I couldn't even get past the opening area.

The opposite for me. It's one of the reasons I love the original so much(along with the pacing).

Edit: I was crushed when the Dreamcast port was cancelled back in the day :(

What the hell kinda port is this?

I have no idea.
When I first installed the game it worked for a little while.
Tried to play it again earlier this evening and nope, welcome to crash-city, population: me.

Tried running it in WinXP compatibility and even Win 98/ME...still nothing. Got Durante's fix...nothing. Even re-installed physx.
Guess I'd have to do a full re-install..yeesh.

Thankfully I still have a sealed copy of the 360 version if/when I want to play through DP again.

Even when the game worked the performance was BAD. I was getting like 15-20 fps..it's mind-boggling.

Unrelated but eh.
Did a write-up for RE4. I don't want to call it a review because everyone already knows it's the greatest game. So I wrote some other stuff I really like about the game.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/254700

Jawmuncher

Just finished Season 2. Oddly enough while I wasn't liking it at first. By the end I came out liking it more than the season 1 though.
With the first I figured a lot of what was going to happen with the plot. While here (besides a few obvious parts) it did a better job at keeping me wondering what would happen next.
Hard for me to talk a lot about it without having to use spoiler tags though. But it mainly boiled down to there being 2 characters for clementine to care for. Which added a lot to the story over all.
One of the biggest problems I had about Season 1 was that it was all about clementine. So even when choices funnel to where they go, majority of players would put her first.
So it took away from any real dilemma when other options presented themselves. Since this season didn't fall into that I came out enjoying it a lot. So all in all it was a lot better than I was thinking it would be with it's slow start.
If you beat season 1 you should go ahead and grab 2 next time it's on sale.

Looking at the endings i'm surprised just how many there are this time.
Makes me wonder how the opening of Season 3 will be. Will be interesting to see how they work all of these endings into leading to the same story, if they aren't jumping to new characters.

ACTUAL SPOILERS
Did anyone else go solo for the ending? I ended up shooting and still leaving the other character.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, that was interesting. I was experiencing green flickering in CS:S/GO and after a bit of searching (while fearing that at least one of my cards was on the fritz) found this thread, in which somebody suggests switching the SLI bridge around; it worked. I would have never thought to give that a shot.

xBladeM6x

I've been looking for a good high fantasy RPG to play, and I've had Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning this whole time and haven't played it. :l

dot

Huh, didn't realize Sunrider was getting a free expansion releasing on the 1st. I was about to play it too but i think i'll hold off on it until then...

I see, October 7.
Well, Sega is pushing this game hard by using pewpew...I'm not sure this is a good thing.
I hope the game is good and not three hours long.

How is it not a good thing? He has the most subscribers on youtube. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean this is a bad thing. It will help promote the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom