• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

What the hell kinda port is this?

It is terrible, yes.
After playing Deadly Premonition, people complaining with the Dark Souls port (just to stay in Durante's fixes field :D ) look like complete crybabies.

But, even though I'm constantly getting a crash every 30-40 minutes (if I start playing first thing after booting), and even if it's technically like something from the PS2 era with PS3 faces, this game has something that keeps luring me in no matter what.

Oh yeah, I complained few pages back how Wasteland 2 looks like a DS game and runs like Wolf 2014 maxed. Someone suggested on another forum to force DX9 and it seemed to work, the game is actually playable now even without all settings at zero. Sweet.

It is terrible, yes.
After playing Deadly Premonition, people complaining with the Dark Souls port (just to stay in Durante's fixes field :D ) look like complete crybabies.

But, even though I'm constantly getting a crash every 30-40 minutes (if I start playing first thing after booting), and even if it's technically like something from the PS2 era with PS3 faces, this game has something that keeps luring me in no matter what.

The game was so good that the technical problems didn't bother me at all. I must have had like 500 crashes during the game, parts where you couldn't just get past because of the game crashing / something not happening, figuring out how to actually launch the game, using the "press button to load faster" thing before the patch... Even with those issues it is one of my favorite games ever.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It is terrible, yes.

Well technically the PS360 versions are PS2 upports that were over ambitious about the HD twin's capabilities so it went from PS2 grade -> Expected HD console capabilities grade -> Majorly downgraded to realistically work on the PS360. The code base is probably a huge ass mess at this point.

RE6 is actually pretty fun with a friend. Solo I don't know but I've enjoyed my time so far with it.

If anybody gets GMG codes for Mordor, let me know so I can buy it and start pre loading with you guys.

I played 4 straight hours of Rising Storm/RO 2 multiplayer tonight and my wrist hurts like hell, I probably should go to the doctor, I don't want none of that damn Carpet Tunnel syndrome.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Semi-random question: Does anyone here play Neotokyo? It doesn't look to have bot support (sadly), so I can't really mess with it offline to see how it is, but it seems like the kind of thing I'd be interested in. (Score one for the Discovery Queue. :p )

I used to play it. Fun game, but I gave up multiplayer games for a while due to work.

Tizoc

Get hype for metal slug X
14020904.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I understand asking for a PC port but asking for PS4 port seems misguided with MS footing the bill for season one.
I also know the person in that tweet who bought it. lol

I'm going to get it whenever I get paid next even though I won't have an Xbone for a year or two.

Deques

So I tried Beyond Gravity and played it for an hour. Kinda fun, but kinda boring after a while.

I got three Alan cards from it :(

But one of them was this lovely card
VESYgqE.png

So I got my money back plus more

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't catch the Uncharted and GOW reference.
Also if Microsoft put money on it yes, we can see it on PC, since there are Fable HD and other games already.

Access owns the game, so a PS4 port is a possibility, although it'd hardly be the first title to skip the PS4 despite the shackles of exclusivity being disposed of (I'm referring of course to Ryse and DR3).

JaseC

I live under a very big rock, you should come visit sometimes.

so you pay $20 for 6 months for follow a blog?

"Gifts" will be handed out periodically, with the hat and a GOG discount code for 75% off five select games being the first two. If TF2/Dota 2 items are to be an occasional thing then a subscription has the potential to be relatively lucrative for Steam users.

def sim

I didn't catch the Uncharted and GOW reference.
Also if Microsoft put money on it yes, we can see it on PC, since there are Fable HD and other games already.

Agreed.

Looking more through his recent tweets, he's also confirmed it's not coming to 3DS or the virtual boy. I'm glad there's seemingly a lot of interest, at least.

Shadownet

Banned
"Gifts" will be handed out periodically, with the hat and a GOG discount code for 75% off five select games being the first two. If TF2/Dota 2 items are to be an occasional thing then a subscription has the potential to be relatively lucrative for Steam users.

So basically you could get more than just that one TF2 hat. Which might be worth quite a bit.

Anyone wanna split the 6 months with me? I'm not sure what use I have for the website. I mean... Do I read it for game reviews?

AHA-Lambda

So basically you could get more than just that one TF2 hat. Which might be worth quite a bit.

Anyone wanna split the 6 months with me? I'm not sure what use I have for the website. I mean... Do I read it for game reviews?

EDIT: nvm, not sure of the benefits of this yet myself =/

What does premium access exactly get you?

Shadownet

Banned
EDIT: nvm, not sure of the benefits of this yet myself =/

What does premium access exactly get you?

I'm sure JaseC have an explanation for that. I have no idea really. My only guess is that this is like ESPN sports article that you can pay for by being a monthly subscribers.. But that's just my guess for it.

AHA-Lambda

I'm sure JaseC have an explanation for that. I have no idea really. My only guess is that this is like ESPN sports article that you can pay for by being a monthly subscribers.. But that's just my guess for it.

I was thinking at first it's like Giant Bomb's premium membership, but you get extra videos and such with that. I'm not sure if I see the value in just extra articles tbh, but that's maybe just me =/

Tizoc

w00t I GOT PAID
balrogwin.gif

...my car repairs are like $400sh tho.

Time to grab Pier Solar and Raiden III when I get back home in 3 hours...

Shadownet

Banned
I was thinking at first it's like Giant Bomb's premium membership, but you get extra videos and such with that. I'm not sure if I see the value in just extra articles tbh, but that's maybe just me =/
Well we can find out what the benefits are. You can have the GOG coupon if you like. I never shop there anyway.

If you're still interested in the end. We can split the fee :)

derExperte

It's rather easy, if you're not able to find out what the supporter program exactly entails, why it exists and if it's worth it for you, it most likely isn't.

Speaking of making a profit, if you buy a six-month subscription to RPS for $20 you get a hat that's currently worth $28.68+ ($24.95+).

Signed up for a year, thanks. Now do I sell that hat asap before more of the subscriber through it on the market or do I wait x years until that thing becomes truly rare?

And Knytt Underground for one dollar: https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Tizoc

If anyone is interested, this trader is offering Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition for $31 or around 16 TF2 Keys (best to ask him how many keys he is willing to trade if you chat with him)-
http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/tp...dow-of-mordor-pefenix-ragefight-the-dragonwpp

I've traded with them before and had good results.

EDIT: Alt. this one is offering it for 15 TF2 Keys, and I've traded with him as well and he is a good trader
http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/DFlxJ/h-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-premium-w-12-15-keys

You're welcome shadownet ;)

That new Payday 2 Hotline Miami DLC info.

They want 7$ for it. Complete pack for 90$+ confirmed (Not really coming out. But if it comes out than it would be something around 90$+. By this rate they could have more DLC than Crusader Kings 2 by the end of next year.)

Even the stealth in Hotline Miami works better than in Payday 2.

JaseC

Signed up for a year, thanks. Now do I sell that hat asap before more of the subscriber through it on the market or do I wait x years until that thing becomes truly rare?

I wouldn't bother holding on to it. Since hats can't be used up their value eventually peaks and plateaus, only varying with the market itself (e.g. buds have never been worth more than $40 or so over the past few years and are currently worth about $34). On the flipside, the reason the Dota 2 Genuine F2P Collector's Pack is beginning to creep up in value again is that, since it's a bundle, it has to be unpacked for the items to be used, so eventually it's going to be worth a small fortune.

wilflare

That Save D4 thread turned out pretty embarrassing.

hope it wasn't me... I posted once... I would buy on PC/PS4/WiiU... it isn't enough to push me to a XB1...

i don't know what's up with me but I'm inclined to get Mordor on PS4 :/ don't think my 280X can get me Ultra Textures right. haha. anyway who's upgraded to 970?

Dascu

That Save D4 thread turned out pretty embarrassing.

It was a foolish idea of Swery to sign an exclusivity contract with Microsoft. You don't put all your eggs in one basket, especially in the beginning of a console generation, on the console historically awful in Japan and generally less popular with your target demographic.

Tizoc

That Save D4 thread turned out to be pretty embarrassing.

As one GAFfer posted
This thread has turned to shit, as have all threads concerning the xbone. I guess people just can't help themselves, hmm?

I mean if I had a Bone I'd get it, but members on GAF are gonna take any opportunity to trash MS and the Bone, but if PS4 gets an exclusive they'll trash you for wanting it on another system.

JaseC

It was a foolish idea of Swery to sign an exclusivity contract with Microsoft. You don't put all your eggs in one basket, especially in the beginning of a console generation, on the console historically awful in Japan and generally less popular with your target demographic.

Even if he could have completed the game without Microsoft's involvement, his company owns the game, so it's only a matter of time before he can take it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom